PDA

View Full Version : Booty

Sunil
21-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Recently I've been hearing some decent enough booty techno records, they still go down really well on the dancefloor, and the girls like dancing to it too :wink: When Dance Mania disappeared that kind of spelled the end for a while, but some of the stuff on Projex (The new triple vinyl is good) and the last DJ Nephets on Public Housing (Which is ****in rocking) has made me start to take an interest again. Any comments on booty in general, do people like it/hate it??

crime
21-07-2003, 08:23 PM
have been into it for years, got a lot of old dance mania.. been getting into Databass and more Ghettotech stuff i.e. more electro sped up hip hop crossed with Miami Bass and shit... real fresh urban music and mashes up in a techno set pretty well...
Yeah, Nehpets is on fire....

Esox Lucius
21-07-2003, 08:45 PM
check out the 313 bass mechanics.

crime
21-07-2003, 09:31 PM
yeah, I got one of them on Electrofunk... DJ Nasty is one half of 313 bass mechanics, he done some pretty cool stuff on Databass...

davethedrummer
21-07-2003, 10:03 PM
really into dj assault
dj sluggo and a few bits and pieces here and there.
tried writing some booty stuff once
you really need the dark satanic humour and the lo fi sound
i kept making everything too "nice"
i guess i'll just have to leave it to the proffesionals

crime
21-07-2003, 10:31 PM
MPC and one synth is what you need... the shittier your mixer the better.. oh and living in a bad area for a few years... I've done a few Ghetto ish things, but there's only so many times you can resample ghetto stuff.... The best stuff is the fresh shit coming out of Detroit...

Sunil
22-07-2003, 01:07 AM
yeah, I got one of them on Electrofunk... DJ Nasty is one half of 313 bass mechanics, he done some pretty cool stuff on Databass...

Electrofunk is a wicked label. The best stuff coming out of Detroit is their electro. Have to start checking more of these new guys though, DJ Nasty from the little bit I heard sounded good. Assault I've found to be hit and miss, I like Godfather although like some booty producers his tracks can be a bit lazy.

Esox Lucius
22-07-2003, 11:43 AM
DJ Funk
DJ Deeon
DJ Omega
Wax Master
DJ Boogie
BabbyDaddy

are all worth checking out.

Patrick
22-07-2003, 11:45 AM
BabbyDaddy

THE Daddy ! Have you checked his mix off Locked Grooves ?

Esox Lucius
22-07-2003, 11:52 AM
yeah it`s excellent, only recently started listening to him.

Listen to his "no one listens to techno" mix on www.ghettoblasta.net :D

Patrick
22-07-2003, 12:13 PM
yeah, shit hot as well. I've downloaded a couple of his mixes now and they're all spot on.

JACKSTAR
23-07-2003, 02:33 AM
Booty stuff can kick ass but too much in a DJ set can annoy some people not used to that much funkbass. I have some mix Cd's from Deeon & Nehpets and they are really raw and funky but after a while the samples and ghetto lyrics get a bit worn and tired.

P.

DJZeMig_L
24-07-2003, 06:58 PM
I luv this style but not in it's pure form .. A lot of the stuff I do is a mix of these influences... but I always felt that there was a bit of punch missing from the early booty stuff ... like there is humor on the "regular non-booty" techno... so i think u can get a good mix of these with that chi-town percussive feel, but keeping it more techno/ tweeky while adding the funny catchy vocals... also i tend 2 look 4 other samples other than the over-used classic ones!!! :)

Z

Jimfish
24-07-2003, 09:06 PM
you got some quite crazzzy samples in those tracks on the other page dude.. well nicely used too..

ampassasinbirmingham
25-07-2003, 12:11 AM
a set of booty is to much imo. but the odd couple of tracks can set things right off. They are excellent to mix into but when u mix out of them and u finally bring the techno bass in with the booty voval still going is when the party really gets started.

278d7e64a374de26f==