PDA

View Full Version : ddr madness/the gift smitten

mr burns
25-10-2005, 07:24 PM
anyone want to sell me this?

also compressed 020 lars klein tool box ep

k.d smith and dano/ alladin on acid/ q-dance recs

i know this is the wrong section but i thought id get a better response on here, i thought maybe si would turn a blind eye :shock:

cheerzzzz ;)

Deviant Idol
25-10-2005, 09:40 PM
How much are you looking to spend for a mint, never been played copy of DDR's The Gift?

mr burns
25-10-2005, 10:12 PM
as little as possibly obviosly :lol: How much are you looking to charge for a mint, never been played copy of DDR's The Gift?

Deviant Idol
25-10-2005, 11:39 PM
as little as possibly obviosly :lol: How much are you looking to charge for a mint, never been played copy of DDR's The Gift?

lol, well I'm not sure exactly... I have all of the Smitten LTD's except for the first Punk Floyd release. So, I'd rather not get rid of it, but I'll obviously sell it for the right price ;)

The Germ
26-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Ditto

Si the Sigh
26-10-2005, 07:57 AM
*Blind eye turned*

mr burns
26-10-2005, 10:04 AM
£15 all in?

Centurian
26-10-2005, 06:03 PM
£15 all in?

You'll be lucky.

mr burns
26-10-2005, 06:06 PM
how much should it be????

Aratron
26-10-2005, 06:21 PM
£15 all in !!!!!!!!!!!!

ha you jest , sir shurely !!

Aratron
26-10-2005, 06:22 PM
£50 at least for the gift
£25 for madness.

in my opinion , thats a conservative estimate.

and my copies aren't for sale. they're my pride and joy

rhythmtech
26-10-2005, 06:29 PM
£25 for madness.

YOU CANT BE SERIOUS... welcome to hell. good records but ANYONE charging those prices gotta be takin the piss. they're only 12"'s. i just got a perfect copy of orbitals brown album for €20. €15 sounds very fair... (but they aint mine so....)

Centurian
26-10-2005, 06:32 PM

Something around that mark. I got offered £45 for it, after careful consideration i didn't sell up, i'm always reluctant to sell my tunes.

Aratron
26-10-2005, 06:46 PM
£25 for madness.

YOU CANT BE SERIOUS... welcome to hell. good records but ANYONE charging those prices gotta be takin the piss. they're only 12"'s. i just got a perfect copy of orbitals brown album for €20. €15 sounds very fair... (but they aint mine so....)

i ain't saying that i agree with that. but the market is really booming at the moment.
routemasters/coshh's are hot / hot / hot
wouldn't surprise me if i could get £100 at least for the gift at the minute

Centurian
26-10-2005, 07:09 PM
£25 for madness.

It's a rare tune, LTD edition and in demand, i know people who are willing to pay around that price for sure.

mr burns
26-10-2005, 07:21 PM
they are the same record are'nt they?

rhythmtech
26-10-2005, 07:43 PM
nope... the gift was the ltd edition 1 sider..

madness is the flip of their eyes... and neither are worth €50... thats just greed. if you're willing to part with a record, part at a fair price... karma and all that.

dan the acid man
26-10-2005, 07:57 PM
its only worth what people are willing to pay for it, you cant really blame the sellers if people want to pay that much.

every record out there is only worth its original shop value, but look how much rare beatles records go for.

Centurian
26-10-2005, 08:01 PM
nope... the gift was the ltd edition 1 sider..

madness is the flip of their eyes... and neither are worth €50... thats just greed. if you're willing to part with a record, part at a fair price... karma and all that.

That's the point though, people aren't willing to part with it which is why it's worth so much.

acidpisar
26-10-2005, 08:48 PM
i wouldn't pay as much for it ... .but some people want to pay so thats why the prices are so big...

gavin i think maby you shouls try to swap with someone for smitten ltd5!?
it is often more easy to find some record that someone want for something that paying horrible prices...
but thats only my point of view

Athar
26-10-2005, 09:11 PM
I paid for smt ltd 05 around 20 quids, and it was the bigest price with i spend for one record ever.. but im agree with dan, real record value its only in the record shop in the time when it is releasing.. after this time value is bulid by ebay or another places where we can get older tunes..
look whats happen with curley records or zenith (es. ist17) where peoples paying for one record 100+ quids and more...

pisar have right gavin - its the best way at this moment and save some $$$ - try use swap system (use the discogs for ex to have a look who have this smt rec and what he/she lookin for on wanted list, and email after).

Centurian
26-10-2005, 09:15 PM
I paid for smt ltd 05 around 20 quids, and it was the bigest price with i spend for one record ever.. but im agree with dan, real record value its only in the record shop in the time when it is releasing.. after this time value is bulid by ebay or another places where we can get older tunes..
look whats happen with curley records or zenith (es. ist17) where peoples paying for one record 100+ quids and more...

pisar have right gavin - its the best way at this moment and save some $$$ - try use swap system (use the discogs for ex to have a look who have this smt rec and what he/she lookin for on wanted list, and email after).

To my knowledge Ebay dropped the prices of records, it's made them easier to find. Route 1 was worth about £300 before Ebay came along, but that price's dropped since then, so i was told about a year ago anyway.

The Germ
26-10-2005, 09:17 PM
speaking of which anyone wanna pay 100+ for my copy of IST017!!

rhythmtech
26-10-2005, 09:17 PM
yeah i guess swapping is the way to try first to save some €€.

NOW... anyone wanna buy my copy of routemaster01 for €250? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Germ
26-10-2005, 09:18 PM
hehe i got 3 copies of routemaster #1

Centurian
26-10-2005, 09:39 PM
yeah i guess swapping is the way to try first to save some €€.

NOW... anyone wanna buy my copy of routemaster01 for €250? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think you'll get that much for it on these shores, might do though.

Apparently it was the Americans that were paying that kind of money for it.

It's all about finding the market if you want to sell up, you could easily sell a respected record sell for £20, but if you find the right buyer you can get a lot more.

mr burns
26-10-2005, 09:43 PM
ITS OK I DONT WANT IT THAT BAD, I JUST HEARD IT AGAIN YESTERDAY AND FANCIED IT, I SEE IT ON GEMM FOR 27$ yesterday thats why i thought it was one record because thats what it said on their but its gone now, its the gift i was after anyways, but id never pay £50 for a piece of plastic, fair play to no-one wanting to sell it, what a choon!! sorry about the caps

Athar
26-10-2005, 09:47 PM

simple.. put your ist record on ebay... after, be a spam master and send a ebay link to everybody from discogs whos looking this record.. and watch what will be happen ;)

rhythmtech
26-10-2005, 10:02 PM

simple.. put your ist record on ebay... after, be a spam master and send a ebay link to everybody from discogs whos looking this record.. and watch what will be happen ;)

i think you go straight to hell and dont pass go! ;)

The Germ
27-10-2005, 01:58 AM
i i know what will happen the question is do i really want to part with it, i mean i hardly ever play it once in a bit to end a chaotic set...

to be honest the gift is quite shit in my opinon so many better tune from dave out there

rhythmtech
27-10-2005, 02:11 AM
i've had an idea... i'm sure you could work out a "the gift"/skankadelic mailing list deal!!!

;) :roll:

mr burns
27-10-2005, 10:05 AM
mate that would be a wicked idea, apart from now my label is run by jedi, i only see 3 copys of each release :cry:

rhythmtech
27-10-2005, 11:31 AM
doh! those damn jedi's.and i thought they were meant to use the force for good!

nihilist
27-10-2005, 06:01 PM
id never dream of selling any tune, just cant bring myself to do it. ive got loads of stuff i never play and it justs sits there gathering dust.

but if someone stood infront of me offering cash there and then id proberly take it

Deviant Idol
27-10-2005, 07:47 PM
Well I just sold my promo copy of LAB 4's Reformation for £30, so I am thinking about selling DDR's The Gift for around the same. But from your other post I don't think you'd want to spend that much, soooo I guess I'll be hanging onto it then.

tocsin
27-10-2005, 08:16 PM
This type of shit is why I'm so fond of Soulseek.

rhythmtech
27-10-2005, 09:00 PM
:roll:

Deviant Idol
27-10-2005, 09:08 PM
F*ck Mp3 versions of Acid Techno records! :rambo:

mr burns
27-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Well I just sold my promo copy of LAB 4's Reformation for £30, so I am thinking about selling DDR's The Gift for around the same. But from your other post I don't think you'd want to spend that much, soooo I guess I'll be hanging onto it then.

i could have give u that aswell :doh:

Deviant Idol
27-10-2005, 10:08 PM

i could have give u that aswell :doh:

What, were you after LAB 4's Reformation as well? I remember buying the record just because I heard Zebedee and Orange Peel open with it on the London Acid City double CD. Played it twice, then put it on the same shelf I put all my other unplayed records, and right next to DDR's The Gift as well ;)

mr burns
27-10-2005, 10:16 PM
sorry misread i thought you said you jst brought it, i meant i could have swaped it with you, but obviously not as you sold it not brought it

tocsin
27-10-2005, 10:20 PM

Nah. Especially considering my mixes are largely spread via MP3, it makes no difference to me. If it comes down to paying steep prices for one track, off to Soulseek I go. The artist doesn't see a cent from collectors charging obscene prices anyways. I just find that whole scene to be really ****ed up. PEople don't part with records they still play. People selling records for obscene prices also haven't come near to spending as much on them. So, **** 'em. When I use Soulseek, I "liberate" such tracks. :p

Deviant Idol
28-10-2005, 12:16 AM
That's great you like MP3's and all, but you forget that old records are a supply and demand. Of course a person selling a record that is no longer pressed, is going to ask more than the suggested retail price for a record. The thing I don't understand is how you can say the whole scene is f*cked up. And you're right when you say an artist will never see the extra money someone gets when they sell a record. But they did see money when they sold the record for the first time. That same artist never saw
any money if you just downloaded that song off of Soul Seek without buying
it in the first place. I'm not trying to start an argument here, but
supply and demand is always going to happen with ANY item when someone
sells something that is no longer being made.

dan the acid man
28-10-2005, 12:40 AM

Nah. Especially considering my mixes are largely spread via MP3, it makes no difference to me. If it comes down to paying steep prices for one track, off to Soulseek I go. The artist doesn't see a cent from collectors charging obscene prices anyways. I just find that whole scene to be really **** up. PEople don't part with records they still play. People selling records for obscene prices also haven't come near to spending as much on them. So, **** 'em. When I use Soulseek, I "liberate" such tracks. :p

but the question is, if you found one of these records you have downloaded at the normal selling price, in a shop, brand new, repressed or whatever, would you then buy the vinyl ?

tocsin
28-10-2005, 01:35 AM
but the question is, if you found one of these records you have downloaded at the normal selling price, in a shop, brand new, repressed or whatever, would you then buy the vinyl ?

Yes.

tocsin
28-10-2005, 01:45 AM
The thing I don't understand is how you can say the whole scene is f*cked up. And you're right when you say an artist will never see the extra money someone gets when they sell a record. But they did see money when they sold the record for the first time. That same artist never saw
any money if you just downloaded that song off of Soul Seek without buying
it in the first place. I'm not trying to start an argument here, but
supply and demand is always going to happen with ANY item when someone
sells something that is no longer being made.

Thing is, your point about the artist not seeing money if I download the thing in the first place is a different scenario. Here, we are dealing with a scenario where a record is out of print and went through it's run. So, if I purchase or download, the artist still doesn't see a dime. At that point, digital copies do figure into supply and demand. And when someone wants practically 9-10 times the original asking price of a record, I'm going to download it if a copy is available. Hell, I've got a record that people have spent over $100USD for and, on just the principle, I would never sell it for that much. Rather, I'd sell it for the price I obtained it to someone I knew was going to play it, and not turn around to milk it for cash on E-Bay. If I was ever aware of a record I'd worked on even fetching double it's worth, I'd be releasing 320kbit versions on the net myself, if not the uncompressed WAV if the bandiwdth was available. Charing ridiculous amounts of money for a slab of vinyl, just because some might be willing to spend that much, just seems too greedy for me to tolerate.

rhythmtech
28-10-2005, 09:18 AM
heres an interesting question... i know we all have our opinions on illegal downloads, mp3 quality blah blah..(i dont want to start that debate again!!!) but if a track is out of press and probably wont be repressed well surely downloading it is "morally" ok. example - i had a record years ago called barcode population.. i've NEVER seen it since but if i found an mp3 of it then i probably would D/L it. even if i found it again i know its second hand so the artist isnt losing out. dont get me wrong.. i spend a stupid amount of money on legal D/Ls and i dont D/L new releases illegaly.

(btw - does anyone know who made "barcode population"? it always sounded like Beyer to me...)

dan the acid man
28-10-2005, 11:22 AM

Yes.

cool :clap:

the_psychologist
28-10-2005, 09:11 PM
[quote="

to be honest the gift is quite shit in my opinon so many better tune from dave out there[/quote]

this is the bottom line, IMO. the tune is awkward to mix, the vocals are fairly buried in parts, and the whole affair only gets banging after quite a long wait. i DO love the acid line, though.

IMO most of the LTDs are weak. i personally like the Speaker Pimps one, as it's pretty weird and groovy.

the_psychologist
28-10-2005, 09:27 PM
this is a question i've been looking into. i have been thinking about starting an online acid archive, but i'm not interested in causing a riot. the idea is to have a PHP-based site that allows user uploads within a certain size range, with the site automatically refreshing to reflect each label page catalogue. the basic site is done already.

ideally, the site could focus on tracks that released before 2000. there could be downloads of files i heve personally encoded using lame 320kbps. this is the only quality mp3 i will play out, so user submissions would ideally be the same standard. i also have the ability to post WAVs, though i'll never have the bandwidth.

the bottom line is that people newer to the acid scene usually don't know about the older classics. collectors buy up all the copies, then refuse to sell for lower prices. so you get these amazing acid collections that never get played out, even fi that means Mp3 mixes on the 'net. this is contrary to the spirit of acid IMO. everyone should have access to the music, as long as it's well past making any money for the artists. at that point, i think downloading the tunes can actually help to revive the real acid sound.

anyway, the main question is who owns the music. if the larger companies still exist, free, public downloads could stir up some shit. from what i've seen, many of the German tunes still have some tie to existing companies. even though the artists has gone away, money could be an issue.

Centurian
31-10-2005, 08:06 PM
At the end of the day, regardless of the downloads, if i'm selling records i'm gonna find the best market i can, regardless of what people think morally. There's no point me selling The Gift for retail price when i can get 10x that amount, like it or not, to sell an old record that's in demand at retail price is bad business sense; and if you are selling something you are doing business anyway, so all this moralistic talk doesn't really wash with me i'm afraid.

Also, my opinion on the MP3 ripping, i can't say i really agree with it, it's still a breach of copyright especially if you're using it to earn money in the clubs (unless you've cleared (c) of course). Soulseek, well, i've just signed up, but isn't supposed to be used for promoting artists rather than ripping them off with illegal uploads/downlods?

From a buyers point of view, well, i wouldn't be happy paying 10x the retail value of course, but i can't help but think that if i wanted a tune that much, i'd pay for it, there's plenty of other people out there willing to so why shouldn't i ?

Centurian
31-10-2005, 08:14 PM
As for free music, well yes, i'm well up for it just like everybody else, but it has to be with respect.

tocsin
01-11-2005, 04:23 PM
At the end of the day, regardless of the downloads, if i'm selling records i'm gonna find the best market i can, regardless of what people think morally. There's no point me selling The Gift for retail price when i can get 10x that amount, like it or not, to sell an old record that's in demand at retail price is bad business sense; and if you are selling something you are doing business anyway, so all this moralistic talk doesn't really wash with me i'm afraid.

Also, my opinion on the MP3 ripping, i can't say i really agree with it, it's still a breach of copyright especially if you're using it to earn money in the clubs (unless you've cleared (c) of course). Soulseek, well, i've just signed up, but isn't supposed to be used for promoting artists rather than ripping them off with illegal uploads/downlods?

From a buyers point of view, well, i wouldn't be happy paying 10x the retail value of course, but i can't help but think that if i wanted a tune that much, i'd pay for it, there's plenty of other people out there willing to so why shouldn't i ?

It's not "business" for me. When I do, once in a blue moon, sell a record that fetches $50+ on E-Bay, I sell it to someone I know for the same as what I bought. Reason being is that a.) they actually want to play the thing out and, if I'm selling it, it's a record that collects dust and b.) by being reasonable with the price, someone who has a desire to play the track out for others will be inclined to take it and do so.

As for anything that is fetching such high amounts of cash, if it's out of print, yep, chalk me up as a pirate. If I want it that bad, I'll download it. Artists, in many circumstances, will give you permission to do so anyways. Still legally grey, depending upon the contract signed with the publisher by the artist. But, that doesn't bother me. It's why I'm amused when you see records popping up with titles like "Anti E-Bay Weapon." For some reason, it doesn't appear I'm alone in finding it kind of offensive that music which was pressed not even a decade ago in many cases starts fetching such high prices, all while be held by people who don't play it out anyways. So, nah, I'll never drop that much on a track. Especially when, thanks to filesharing, I will never have to.

rhythmtech
01-11-2005, 04:59 PM
:clap:

its good to see this attitude. we are talking about recent music here... these tunes are destined to be classics within the acid community but are they actually comparable to real genre defining classics such as "london acid city" , "neurodancer" or "substance abuse". Dont get me wrong, i think DDR is something really special (and i consider gottagetoutofit a true classic), but are these tracks really worth €50?

the_psychologist
01-11-2005, 07:57 PM
What I'm saying is that I don't care if people want to pay high prices for records. They are free to do so. Collectors will generally want the vinyl anyway, even if they have an MP3. At the same time, it seems ridiculous for a tiny genre like acid to get limited because most of the classics are owned by collectors who don't play them out or offfer them any exposure. Have you ever heard someone play a set of Important, Synewave, Experimental, 23 Frankfurt, etc.? Maybe back when they released, but not these days. I'm tired of the cycle of dance music, where people are constantly hung up on playing the latest and "greatest" without having any idea where the music came from. There should be respect for classic tracks that are still unmatched today, and MP3 can work wonders in distributing these tracks. It all contributes back to the strength and diversity of the scene.

rhythmtech
01-11-2005, 08:02 PM
:clap: good to see so many level headed opinions on this. i'm certainly not dissin anyone for makin money off of vinyl (if someone wants to pay fair enough), but i wouldn't. anyway, the missus would friggin kill me <--- see - priorities :cry:

Centurian
01-11-2005, 08:33 PM
It's not "business" for me. When I do, once in a blue moon, sell a record that fetches $50+ on E-Bay, I sell it to someone I know for the same as what I bought. Reason being is that a.) they actually want to play the thing out and, if I'm selling it, it's a record that collects dust and b.) by being reasonable with the price, someone who has a desire to play the track out for others will be inclined to take it and do so.

As for anything that is fetching such high amounts of cash, if it's out of print, yep, chalk me up as a pirate. If I want it that bad, I'll download it. Artists, in many circumstances, will give you permission to do so anyways. Still legally grey, depending upon the contract signed with the publisher by the artist. But, that doesn't bother me. It's why I'm amused when you see records popping up with titles like "Anti E-Bay Weapon." For some reason, it doesn't appear I'm alone in finding it kind of offensive that music which was pressed not even a decade ago in many cases starts fetching such high prices, all while be held by people who don't play it out anyways. So, nah, I'll never drop that much on a track. Especially when, thanks to filesharing, I will never have to.

BTW, do you have any records for sale? ;)

My opinion is that if there's money involved, then it's a business. Fairplay to you for not charging through the nose, i just can't help but think it's a bit lke shooting yourself in the foot. Endearing all the same.

Anyway, if you're getting permission to download the music then i can't see a problem, that's what i was saying about respect earlier, if you go to the artist and actually ask if it's ok then free music changes hands with respect, everythings sweet. When it comes to just going ahead and downloading with complete ignorance to what the copyright owner would say, then that's when it's wrong imo.

Also, i don't think it matters if the music gets played out, there's plenty of bedroom DJs who enjoy the music on their own at home.

At the end of the day, i'm reluctant to sell records because:
a) I know I'll regret it
b) At some point i'll probably want to hear it again
c) if i am to sell it, i'll find out a couple of weeks later i could have got double the cash for it.

Bottom line is that my record collection does mean a lot to me and it'll take a big offer for me to part with any of it, i don't see this as greedy, nostalgic maybe, but not greedy.

tocsin
01-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Just about every record I've ever sold is one I had two copies of. I really don't scratch or juggle at all anymore so holding on to two is just unnecesary. Turns out some were worth a pretty penny apparently. But, it's just not my thing. And, nah, I don't get permission from every artist where I've ever downloaded a track that is out of print. Ideally, sure, I should do that. But, whatever. It's a rare occurrence for me to begin with and, in the end, since it's out of print, I'd be lying if I said I really cared too much about how the artist felt. There was a time when "techno" pretty much raised its middle finger to copyright laws. I find the Hollywood industry arguments that seem to take root now, especially here, to just be kind of funny and I would do nothing short of laugh if any artist actually gave me shit for downloading a song that was out of print and originally pressed on a 500-1000 run without the slightest chance or plans for a repress.

Centurian
02-11-2005, 01:10 AM
There was a time when "techno" pretty much raised its middle finger to copyright laws.

Circa the internet i take it?

tocsin
02-11-2005, 01:50 AM
Circa the internet i take it?

No. Way before that. Back when "sampling" was in so much of the music and no market really existed that made paying a fee to do a derivative work a smart move. I'm probably kind of an anomoly though I guess. I have music out and, personally, couldn't give a damn if people download it and I never see a dime. I've sampled in near 90% of the tracks I've done. I've also used a significant amount of pirated software, up until I could afford to buy it. One of the things that drew me into techno was the culture behind it that seemed to be a straight offshoot of the late 80s/early 90s hacker culture. Now, I'm not implying that would support blatant piracy of MP3s. But, in a situation where a record was out of print, well, I just can't feel guilty for downloading it, just in the same way as, where law would likely say I'm doing something illegal, I'm unwilling to let the law stifle creativity that results in something different. To be honest, I feel a lot worse about not being able to afford to pay people for my use of their creations right now than I do when I download a song that's out of print and prevent a collector from seeing anywhere from a 500% to 1000% return on their investment, which is likely just collecting dust in their bin and, if they sell it to me, they've likely made a back up of anyways, whether on tape, CD or MP3 for themselves.

Centurian
02-11-2005, 04:18 PM
I do agree actually about the creativity part. If you can't afford the software or whatever then i don't think it's that bad at all. It's when people can afford the software, or can find the music elsewhere is when i think it's blatently taking the piss. I think that anyone who takes their music seriously would pretty much say the same, if anything, a lot of people encourage the use of pirated software to increase the creativity in music and i don't think it's just techno culture that takes this attitude.

Doesn't mean this is the right thing to do though, saying that not being able to afford the software is an excuse to pirate is a bit liike saying if you can't afford a car you should go out and steal one.

Centurian
02-11-2005, 04:40 PM
I do agree actually about the creativity part.

Well, i agree to an extent, i can condone it, but still don't think it's really the way to go about things.

imported_sicknote
23-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Hey people...

does anyone know where a clip or something of 'the gift' is?

ive heard about it recently and im absolutly pants at names sometimes and i dunno if its the tune im thinkin of

dan the acid man
23-11-2005, 05:23 PM
dont think there is a clip anywhere, basically the tune has a story teller talking all the way through, he's got a welsh accent, and he's talking about the time he split up with his girlfriend if i remember rightly, and he decides to post himself to her in a box, something like that anyway

Aratron
23-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Hey people...

does anyone know where a clip or something of 'the gift' is?

ive heard about it recently and im absolutly pants at names sometimes and i dunno if its the tune im thinkin of

why don't you buy The Sound of Smitten Vol 1 mixed by Aaron Liberator?
it has The Gift on it. i have the original post me an audio cd and i'll burn you a copy

Waldo Jefferson - Locust , Pennsylvania, consumed by day - time fantasies - she needed him when he wasn't there, dum dum dum dum

imported_sicknote
24-11-2005, 10:15 AM
yeah if you could aratron thatd be just swell...

might try n get it though...mate had it and most of smitten is good (may it rest in peace :cry: )

me tinks that steve smitten is sellin stuff on ebay and he's got bitten as well on there to

thought id take this opportunity to say hi to people n stuff....new to the forum, troubles gettin signed on for a while but it was during the boa look changeover so admin mustve been busy (i'll let you off guys...this time.. ;) ) but i like what i see...theres no there good forums for like minded geezers (n geezettes) so good job to those involved :clap: (lets show a round of applause people....big love..... :lol:

Si the Sigh
24-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Welcome mate! Enjoy your stay. :wink:

imported_sicknote
24-11-2005, 10:58 AM
:lol:

anx
24-11-2005, 07:49 PM
dont think there is a clip anywhere, basically the tune has a story teller talking all the way through, he's got a welsh accent, and he's talking about the time he split up with his girlfriend if i remember rightly, and he decides to post himself to her in a box, something like that anyway

posts himself in a box then when she opens it she accidentally stabs him in the head and he dies! such a good record.

Athar
24-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Waldo Jefferson - Locust , Pennsylvania, consumed by day - time fantasies - she needed him when he wasn't there, dum dum dum dum

:dance:

Love this tune :love:

Orginal text came from Velvet Underground isnt ? ;)

Aratron
24-11-2005, 08:13 PM
yeah i have heard the original too, have it on vinyl. i don't know how to explain it but the whole 303 of the track , imitates the instrumental of the track aswell as the vocal.
clever stuff

Deviant Idol
24-11-2005, 10:12 PM
For a Smitten is Dead remix, they should remix The Gift and take out the vocals, crank the acid even MORE and then that would be one hell of an acid techno record for sure!

278d7e64a374de26f==