PDA

View Full Version : LOGIC SNAP PROBLEM

DJPAUZE
22-07-2003, 05:33 AM
Hell all i was wondering if anyone can help me with a SNAP problem in Logic. For some reason i can only snap parts to fourths.
This is for Logic Audio 4.7 Macintosh and i know its a little different then pc
anyhow i hope i explained it right.

Pauze :evil:

djTequila
22-07-2003, 10:03 AM
By 'Part' I'm assuming you mean 'Sequence'. In Logic, a sequence is a coloured block on the arrange window, containing midi data.

The answer to your problem should be very simple. If you look at the transport bar (the one with the play, stop etc. buttons on it) you'll see a few black data displays on the right hand side. Depending on your setup there should be two rows of them, and the default position for the timing information window is the top row, second from right. This shows the timing signature ('4/4' usually) and the 'snap to' setting underneath. In your case it should be '/4'. Hold your mouse over this, press and hold your mouse button, and move the mouse up or down.

Hope this is what you're looking for!

Tequila

DJPAUZE
22-07-2003, 03:53 PM
Hey tiquila,

I havent touched the 4/4 setting but i have played with the /4 changing it to 16ths etc. But still if i chop up a loop into two parts it will only let me put those two parts into there respective playes 4 beats ahead, not a half beat etc.
I dont know if that was clear or not but hopefully you know what im talking about.

Thanks
Frank Evans

djTequila
22-07-2003, 04:07 PM
A search for 'Audio' and 'Snap' in the Logic help reveals the following. Please adjust for Mac - Alt will be Command (apple/squiggle key) I believe. Have a play though.

Moving Regions
Audio in the Arrange Window > Regions > Moving Regions

You can grab regions in the Arrange window with the mouse, and move them around, just like MIDI sequences. Dragging will snap to increments of one beat (e.g. quarter notes-see below).

If you hold down alt while moving sequences, you can move them in steps of one division (in sixteenths, for example).

If you hold down alt and Shift while moving sequences, you can move them by single ticks (maximum resolution).

You can also use the Delay parameter in the Region parameter box to shift the playback position of regions (see the section Delay).

Fine-tuning
In practice, a resolution of "1 tick" will usually be fine enough.
To move a region by a finer resolution than ticks, i.e. by a resolution of 1 sample word, please use the Anchor in the Audio window or Sample Edit window.

Don't forget that all cloned regions in the Arrange window will be affected as well.

Moving Regions in the Event List
You can also move regions by adjusting their positions in the Event List. Select the region you wish to edit, and select Window > Open Event List, or press ctrl 2. You can then move sequences by units of a single tick if you wish, by changing the value in the Position column.

The position of regions can also be displayed in the Event List as SMPTE values. To do this, select View > Position & Length in SMPTE units from the menu.

If you're synchronizing music to picture, you can then type in the required SMPTE positions for particular events. A simpler and more convenient method in the Event List is the key command called Pickup Clock. This automatically places the Anchor of the selected region at the current song position (i.e. the point in the film you're locked up to when in Sync mode).

You can also display the end point of a region as a SMPTE time. To do this, select View > Length as absolute Position in the Event List.

Moving Sequences Back to Record Position
You can move any region selected in the Arrange window back to the time position at which it was originally recorded, by selecting Functions > Region(s) to Original Record Position.
This function only works if the corresponding audio file was recorded in the current song. Imported audio files which were brought in using Add Audio File... have no original record position.

This command is also available as a key command: Set Region(s) to original Recording Position.

Inserting at the record position
You can also copy (default: ctrl C ) or cut ( ctrl X) a region to the clipboard, and then use Edit > Paste at Original Position to insert it into the selected track, at the original record position.

djTequila
22-07-2003, 04:31 PM
Hope that helps!

Tequila

278d7e64a374de26f==