PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used the Lexicon MPX200?

djTequila
22-07-2003, 02:56 PM
I'm looking for that Lexicon reverb sound, and I'm thinking the best way would be just to buy a Lexicon fx unit!

Obviously I'd benefit from the saved processor time - reverb being the main problem in this regard - but is it actually any good? It seems like a bit of an 'all things to all men' device - even though all the effects (bar the compressor, which is separate) are delay based. And at the price, I'm wondering if the reverb will sound any good at all!

I'll check it out in the shop, but any real-world experience on this device would be most appreciated!

Cheers.

Tequila

J Swift
02-08-2003, 09:20 PM
Hey!
I use an MPX100 in my studio - Which is basically the same apart from the compressor.
The reverb is silky smooth and captures the lexicon sound perfectly... although! It is really best suited for short plate and room reverbs, just to add subtle ambience or tails to sounds - I don't really rate it for big wafting reverbs.
Definetly a real bargain though! You'll always need simple plate reverbs on drums and things, just to make everything sound a little more natural.

davethedrummer
03-08-2003, 02:21 PM
the alex is great for a small budget
but i really rate the tc electronics m one
it rocks and it'll do for less what a lexicon will do for a ton of cash

Jimfish
04-08-2003, 07:57 AM
yeah ill stand by that.. m-ones kick ass and you can pick em up second hand for about £150

Basil Rush
06-08-2003, 11:33 AM
MPX-100 ... "I don't really rate it for big wafting reverbs" ... I quite liked it's hall patch 7 for some reason ...

djTequila
07-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Well, I got one... So I'll be trying that out that patch!

It's very freeing having reverb as outboard. Especially as the M-Audio Delta 4/4 can act as a send/return loop. I'm geting a bit of latency doing that, however. I have a feeling it's the repeated conversions between digital and analogue.

Hmm. Just got a signal spliter/merger that may halve that with some clever routing. Once I've built the leads for it. Still, once I get that done, I'll finally have a flesh 'n blood volume control. YAY!

You have NO IDEA how annoying not having one of those is!

Tequila

278d7e64a374de26f==