PDA

View Full Version : thanks for the inspiration

davethedrummer
22-07-2003, 06:20 PM
just had to write something to say how much i've enjoyed this forum recently (hardly got any work done!)
the conversations have been thought provoking and pretty funny
it just helps me realise that techno, although it's struggling a little right now, is far from dead ,and there is still plenty of passionate people around to support it.
i say a big thanks to all for rekindling my enthusiasm!

Jimfish
22-07-2003, 06:24 PM
good innit, this really is a great forum. I could ask anything and one of you would have a well thought out opinion or a great peice of advice in return. lovely jubbly it is!

EzMoney
23-07-2003, 01:39 AM
I just recently heard THe Drummer Play this weekend In Calgary,Alberta,Canada and man it was fawkin tits..I am big supporter of the techno scene(mainly the london shiate baby) and the performance that was put on by the drummer confirmed my love for techno.....fawkin amazing.

Xtraction
23-07-2003, 02:57 AM
DDR gave proper representation at Project Love Groove for us (D24) in 2002!!!! man, people can't stop talking about it to this day........Keep it u p, man!

Tr3v0r

tekboi
23-07-2003, 04:30 AM
Two thumbs up definately, I have learnt so much through this forum.

Jim Fish was the one who recommended me to it and thank heavens he did, quality stuff!

Col
23-07-2003, 10:53 AM
keep up the posts dave, you've made a good contribution to the forum recently. your making some good points, that are been well debated, just look at the techno on radio 1 post! (even though i do disagree with you, on this subject) how many replies! :o

Esox Lucius
23-07-2003, 11:00 AM
I like the fact there are so many like minded people on here.

MARKEG
23-07-2003, 11:38 AM
yeah sometimes i get so addicted to this place i don't sleep properly!!!

zap
23-07-2003, 12:18 PM
it like pringels once you pop you can,t stop nice one

Si the Sigh
23-07-2003, 12:33 PM
I like it here as well...It kinda makes me feel warm... :oops:

miromiric.
23-07-2003, 01:00 PM
another BOA emotional moment...

i leave zagreb tommorow, i m going on a vacation and will be internet apstinent. so i ll see you all in like almost 2 weeks or so. i ll miss this place :(

Si the Sigh
23-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Take it E'zy man... 8)

Angrymann
23-07-2003, 01:39 PM
I don't think Techno's dead at all (like you said Dave) and it's good that like minded folk can talk on these message board places , even if I do feel like a complete geek for doing it.

I like the diversity of posts and replies , how arguments crop up , blow up and then frazzle out ,once people realise it's only opinion etc.

It's good when folk share information aswell. When I first started, folk were really wanky about giving you the names of good tunes and stuff like that , atleast on here, everyone shares the names of great tunes they have found , instead of trying to keep it secret and be the only one playing it. Bollocks , share the info ,what harms it doing.

As for Techno , it's a sleeping dog at the moment that could do with someone stealing it's bone again ,so that it wakes up and starts attacking folk again!!! ( What am I talking about!!)

T
23-07-2003, 02:37 PM
yeah, this board is great for sharing info and opinions. Whilst a few of my pals like their techno, not that many are into it like myself and it's great to know there is other people out there with a shared passion for techno music.
It's interesting to hear all the different perspectives on the music and have access to loads of techno info and advice. I've found the board very useful myself. whilst many people differ in their views, it seems to me everyone has one thing in common, a genuine love of techno :)

Si the Sigh
23-07-2003, 02:56 PM
well said that man! :thumbs up:

Clarkus
24-07-2003, 12:01 AM
I've used the internet for years and have never felt the need to join a board before as most of them are boring and the only reason i would join is to chat to my mates.
But this board has alot of great opinions and alot of good topics which are brought up.
Addictive :twisted:

Methodixxx
24-07-2003, 01:58 AM
Yeah... As has been said, talking to people with such a high passion for techno is very inspirational.. my friends think I'm a dork when I go on about techno all the time... I probably am a dork tho! :lol:

One morning I came home to a friends place absolutely battered.. i could barely focus on his monitor! But we sat there in his studio smoking cones and reading through the production section for about 2 or 3 hours! Valueble reading!

A big thankyou to all!

:twisted:

Paul Nisbet
24-07-2003, 09:47 AM
This is the best board i use aswell, i only know 2 people on it personally, and the rest of you are relative strangers, but what u all have too say i respect and pay attention too... such a wealth of imformation on here it is unreal. Its u lot that are keepin scenes alive.

techno is the way forward.

Angrymann
24-07-2003, 03:11 PM
Did I read somewhere on this that you were from Edinburgh Paul??

ampassasinbirmingham
24-07-2003, 04:56 PM
technos not dead. its just hiding from the masses.

Paul Nisbet
24-07-2003, 06:06 PM
Did I read somewhere on this that you were from Edinburgh Paul??

Yeah mate i ahm indeed, from loanhead too be precise. lol.

And u?

DJZeMig_L
24-07-2003, 07:09 PM
here here...

it's almost like techno date online eheheheh :P

learned loads.. keep learning everyday... which i din't spend so much time and did more tracks ... :oops:

thanks 2 ya all,

Z

Angrymann
25-07-2003, 12:22 PM
I live right slap bang in the City Centre of Edinburgh.

How's things in Loanhead since you've been invaded by the DIY brigade.

You don't know Tuck Hodge by any chance do you??

Paul Nisbet
25-07-2003, 06:30 PM
i know a lot of hodges lol, theres plenty of them in loanhead!!! lmao.

Where do u go out mate? Dogma etc?

The Divide
26-07-2003, 01:44 AM
I dont post that much but i gotta say. I ****ing love this place!! I have learnt so much of this place, about everything from techno production to the latest phone number for the R.S.P.C.A. Its made my tunes sound better and helped my lay off the crack!!! What an amazing forum. Wooo hoooo

davethedrummer
26-07-2003, 10:49 PM
just sitting in the airpot in toronto right now
just been to w.e.m.f. with frank (pauze) andre ( android) patrick (dsp) and johnny ( king johnny funk)

fun to hang out with fellow forum people and talk about the forum at a party!
how bloody geeky is that!
(and i really enjoyed it.)

so that's it , I am a computer geek just like my missus says .

christ! what am i going to do.
i always wanted to be a professional footballer

but i'm 33

i think i've f*cked that one.

Sunil
26-07-2003, 11:16 PM
christ! what am i going to do.
i always wanted to be a professional footballer

but i'm 33

i think i've f*cked that one.

You could still become a goalkeeper!

The Divide
27-07-2003, 11:49 AM
fun to hang out with fellow forum people and talk about the forum at a party!
how bloody geeky is that!
(and i really enjoyed it.)

so that's it , I am a computer geek just like my missus says.

Hahahahaha.

Next youl all be visiting PC world together to check out the very latest USB device!!! :P :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==