PDA

View Full Version : Schranz - Latin Themed songs................

The Overfiend
27-10-2005, 03:11 AM
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF191893-01-01-01.mp3

I've had enough.
Being from Latin Descent I find it borderline offensive.

djshiva
27-10-2005, 07:15 AM
cultural appropriation!

it's the imperialist way!

SlavikSvensk
27-10-2005, 07:26 AM
i'm just waiting for the day when someone combines schranz with riverdance...

TechMouse
27-10-2005, 11:00 AM
That's like saying "being English, I strongly object to Four Tet's use of Morris Dancing music"...

Tremor
27-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Remeber when Hardcore Salsa was huge last year? I couldn't escape that song.. and thought the same.. Should Europeans be using latin beats? But at the same time most my friends are latinos playing euro beats.. lol.

Frank Dogshit
27-10-2005, 12:46 PM
hardcore salsa was awful....imo.

so wrong.

Tremor
27-10-2005, 12:50 PM
I agree.. and there's like a jillion versions.. Seems like I heard it on every other mix last year.. :doh:

massplanck
27-10-2005, 12:57 PM
i'm just waiting for the day when someone combines schranz with riverdance...

Why didnt i think of it before!!! :clap: watch this space

schlongfingers
27-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Should Europeans be using latin beats? But at the same time most my friends are latinos playing euro beats.. lol.

Stop thinking so much :)

MangaFish
27-10-2005, 01:57 PM

I've had enough.

a bit cheesy and naff admittedly, but theres been worse atrocities against techno.

dirty_bass
27-10-2005, 02:20 PM
I don`t get it.
Latin - essentially, funky, shuffley, loose, hip swinging music, that`s all in between the beat.

Schranze - Straight, military, rigid, marching, fist pounding, on the beat tunage.

The two go together like Burt Bacharach and atari teenage riot.

fresh_an_funky_design
27-10-2005, 03:10 PM
yeah but that's what makes it so good! come on get with the program!

http://users.rcn.com/rostmd/winace/pics/broken_record.jpg

seriously though some one needs to incinerate all these shranz records

TripleX
27-10-2005, 04:47 PM
what a load of crap :dontevengothere:

MITA
27-10-2005, 05:46 PM
yup,me also dont like schranze with latino themes.

as someone above wrote,those two just dont go together...in my head,and hart.

no thanks,ive bought salsa when it came out ..blindely...such nice rhythm ruined by those vocals..pitty...that record is somewhere in my bulk now..wasted money.!@#$%

koma
27-10-2005, 06:09 PM
i like lots of tunes by waldhaus & weichentechnik...
but this one ehhhh.. i like as much as ben sims manipulated (beyer remix)

The Overfiend
27-10-2005, 07:14 PM
I don`t get it.
Latin - essentially, funky, shuffley, loose, hip swinging music, that`s all in between the beat.

Schranze - Straight, military, rigid, marching, fist pounding, on the beat tunage.

My Point exactly.

detfella
27-10-2005, 07:33 PM
well i havent got a problem with genres colliding, to me thats just another way to explore new sounds and make new discoveries. if the electrifying mojo hadn't mixed electronic sounds with funk maybe we'd never have seen electro & techno in the first place?

its almost like polyrhythms, fitting one time signature and working it against another. regarding the track, to me its not too dissimilar to beyers remix of manipulations which was a classic in its time (probably got a lot of slatting as well!!) i dont mind it, i'd dance to it, but i would never buy it!

dirty_bass
27-10-2005, 07:44 PM
juxtaposition is fine, I`m all for experimentation
However some things just don`t work.

Latin takes the rigidity and force away from schranze.
And schranze rips out all of the funk and swing from latin.
They don`t complement each other.
Nor do they grate together in an interesting dissonant way.
And you know it you monkey:)

SlavikSvensk
27-10-2005, 07:53 PM
what was it derrick may said about kraftwerk? i think it was that they were so unfunky, they were funky.

i'm not saying that about schranz, of course, as i personally find it as rigid as you do...but it does show that the concept of "funk" is pretty damned subjective...

dirty_bass
28-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Well, I don`t exactly wanna bash schranz here.
I mean, when it is done properly, it`s pounding, angry, screaming aggressive and driving.
But bad unimaginative schranz is what I moan about, hard for hards sake.
And when I said unfunky, I just mean rigid, to me, funk is something that makes you shake your ass, and dance from the hip, rather than from the upper body.

audioinjection
28-10-2005, 12:18 AM

I've had enough.

haha, i think its time for some norteno techno!

SlavikSvensk
28-10-2005, 12:30 AM
or narcorrido techno!

audioinjection
28-10-2005, 03:09 AM
or narcorrido techno!

haha you know your music! :lol:

djshiva
28-10-2005, 05:21 AM
I don`t get it.

*snort*

you almost made beer come out my nose with that one!

:lol:

SlavikSvensk
28-10-2005, 06:28 AM
or narcorrido techno!

haha you know your music! :lol:

it's the craziest sh*t around...

The Overfiend
28-10-2005, 07:21 AM
Or sureno shit holmes, you all get my point surely

Tremor
28-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Ambient norteno and drumachi are comin up.. :cool:

dan the acid man
29-10-2005, 03:23 AM
strawberries and cream, toast and marmalade, beer and nuts, fish 'n chips, all compliment each other so well.

schranz and latin music dont, its like beer and chocloate cake, like strawberries and custard, like fish n' gravy

The Overfiend
29-10-2005, 08:54 AM
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF194862-01-02-02.mp3

Now that Oliver Ho guy, he knows what he's doing.

ibbjamin
29-10-2005, 11:46 AM
juxtaposition is fine, I`m all for experimentation
However some things just don`t work.

Latin takes the rigidity and force away from schranze.
And schranze rips out all of the funk and swing from latin.
They don`t complement each other.
Nor do they grate together in an interesting dissonant way.
And you know it you monkey:)

Agreed. ;) I've heard some happy hardcore about on the same level as the above track. At least when the vocal loop is kicking it (or ruining it?).

BloodStar
29-10-2005, 12:25 PM
strawberries and cream, toast and marmalade, beer and nuts, fish 'n chips, all compliment each other so well.

schranz and latin music dont, its like beer and chocloate cake, like strawberries and custard, like fish n' gravy

BloodStar
29-10-2005, 12:27 PM
well said

jon connor
29-10-2005, 01:33 PM
yea sam good point but i must admit myself i do a bit of latin in techno if its done properly like the ben sims thing manipulated double on primate + marco baily etc, but however with schranz it sort of spoils the theme, i think wots happend here is a long train of robert natus bandwagon , hardcore salsa was massive for him so now i see many doods trying to follow suit but unfortunatly its not good enough. so i can understand your point but must admit i do love shaking my ass with my misses to a good latin techno track , again there is another point the women love it ;) :love:

StoQ
31-10-2005, 08:40 AM
this kind of songs are like stuff on viva

The Overfiend
31-10-2005, 09:05 AM
I'm not saying I am a hundred percent against any union between latin music and techno.
I am saying when done wrong, it is Asscheeks.

jon connor
01-11-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm not saying I am a hundred percent against any union between latin music and techno.
I am saying when done wrong, it is Asscheeks.

agreed ;) but when done right i must say its lovely stuff and great to dance to ;)

BRADLEE
01-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Yeah I've heard a few good ones lately and a few really bad ones too. So for me it just depends on the track. Right Ant ;)

TechMouse
02-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Cave - Street Carnival?

eyeswithoutaface
02-11-2005, 07:13 PM
i find alot of Mark Williams tracks have just enough of that latin tinge at times to satisfy my needs as it were

The Overfiend
02-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Understood everyone, but keep in mind, I am guilty of being very latin in my techno.
My point was Schranz, and latin themes.

jon connor
03-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Understood everyone, but keep in mind, I am guilty of being very latin in my techno.
My point was Schranz, and latin themes.

over distorted car crash techno , somthing a bit like this chchchcchachahahachchchccha puke , green face squashed ears absolute crap that should be tossed in a skip taken to a tip and buried in a 400 foot deep whole in a quarry somewhere never to be seen or heard of again :lol: oh and ummmmmm not forgeting beeing pecked to peices by hungry rat faced seagles before buriel :twisted: :lol:

el salvador
06-12-2005, 02:00 AM
but i think with the speeding up the vocal makes it sounding like comedy, but it is nots so funny :gutted:

tekara
06-12-2005, 03:10 AM
sounds like a happy hardcore beat with a chipmunk timestretching job.....absolutely horrendous.

I dont usually show negativity but just curious who was the guy that had the nerves to release that track? And who were the distributors who had the nerve to distribute this track? And who were the shopowners that sold the distortion unit to this guy? His business must be burned down to the ground!

sorry got ahead of myself. But im not really into the whole Ricky Martin techno at the moment. 90% of the samples used dont even translate to anything in real portugese language. I once let my girlfriend listen to one of these tracks and she said it made absolutely no sense in portugese.

jon connor
06-12-2005, 02:17 PM
sounds like a happy hardcore beat with a chipmunk timestretching job.....absolutely horrendous.

I dont usually show negativity but just curious who was the guy that had the nerves to release that track? And who were the distributors who had the nerve to distribute this track? And who were the shopowners that sold the distortion unit to this guy? His business must be burned down to the ground!

sorry got ahead of myself. But im not really into the whole Ricky Martin techno at the moment. 90% of the samples used dont even translate to anything in real portugese language. I once let my girlfriend listen to one of these tracks and she said it made absolutely no sense in portugese.

:lol: class ;)

tekara
06-12-2005, 05:26 PM
i try my best :)

The Overfiend
06-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Cause it's in Spanish.

tekara
07-12-2005, 02:21 AM
"one of these tracks"....not that specific track.

278d7e64a374de26f==