PDA

View Full Version : You have to be kidding me.

The Overfiend
27-10-2005, 08:00 AM
People are shipping out demos, trying to make good music and get their stuff out there.

Then the ones who can get a record out based on their name put out this........

http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF196553-01-02-02.mp3

Taking the piss is not the phrase.

g
27-10-2005, 08:17 AM
there's a hundred records like this released a month. god knows how.

rhythmtech
27-10-2005, 10:00 AM
that is shocking and depressing... maybe we just have higher standards. but if i was a shop owner/buyer whatever... i wouldn't even stock that on moral grounds alone, never mind the personal issues i'd have with it. the queen bassline is a disgrace and the vocal sounds so dull and boring. i think this is one for room 101.

Si the Sigh
27-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Thats shite. Thats not the flip side of Ignition Technician's rip of Zero B Lock Up is it?! Now thats another track that sucks.

dirty_bass
27-10-2005, 10:44 AM
They ripped DJ Assault.
Well, it`s ignition technician, do you actually expect serious music from them?

TechMouse
27-10-2005, 10:53 AM
First rule of music: People like meaningless tripe, so long as it's familiar meaningless tripe.

Si the Sigh
27-10-2005, 11:16 AM
:lol:

dan the acid man
27-10-2005, 11:32 AM
First rule of music: People like meaningless tripe, so long as it's familiar meaningless tripe.

so true, this is shocking, but will probably sell by the bucketload :doh:

Tremor
27-10-2005, 12:06 PM
:sleeping:

Conan
27-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Yeh that is absolute sh1te, You really would wonder about the fundementals behind that music( if you can call it that).

But it has got me thinking, what would people think of naming and shaming artists who are producing absolute crap ,in order to let the wider community know that its simply not good enough and that its having a negative effect on the music as whole.

maybe its abit negative but why shouldn't we say what we want.

anx
27-10-2005, 04:26 PM
wow. you had to post this sam. now that song will be stuck in my head all day. DAAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOOOOOU!!!!

Analog.1
27-10-2005, 05:21 PM
I thought it was quite a good little catchy tune that has inspired me for something big and new.

'Everywhere I go, I see the same hole'

eyeswithoutaface
27-10-2005, 05:27 PM
haha hilarious. This is so bad

dan the acid man
27-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Yeh that is absolute sh1te, You really would wonder about the fundementals behind that music( if you can call it that).

But it has got me thinking, what would people think of naming and shaming artists who are producing absolute crap ,in order to let the wider community know that its simply not good enough and that its having a negative effect on the music as whole.

i cant see the point in doing that to be honest, there has always been music we personally dont like, and it is appalling how some records get released and then take up valuable shelf space in shops.

but this will always happen, and im sure we're all aware of records we have listened to this week that we feel are equally as bad as this, if not worse.

so i dont think we need posts in here telling us what we already know.

if ignition technicians next record was an absolute peach of a tune, we'd all forget about this release and go out and buy the new one anyway.

SlavikSvensk
27-10-2005, 05:48 PM
just wait until we get riverdance schranz...

detfella
27-10-2005, 07:14 PM
great to see another one of these threads popping up!! can someone let me in on the secret...whats the main problem with this track? is it that it samples a well known track? or the vocal or the whole thing?

i don't see a difference between using sampling cds/ sampling unknown tracks or sampling well known tracks. if this track had sampled stanley clarke bass would people have objected so much? i wonder how many techno tracks are totally original and dont use any found/sampled sounds...the real issue is whether it works on the dancefloor or not surely?

Conan
27-10-2005, 07:29 PM
i cant see the point in doing that to be honest, there has always been music we personally dont like, and it is appalling how some records get released and then take up valuable shelf space in shops.

but this will always happen, and im sure we're all aware of records we have listened to this week that we feel are equally as bad as this, if not worse.

so i dont think we need posts in here telling us what we already know.

if ignition technicians next record was an absolute peach of a tune, we'd all forget about this release and go out and buy the new one anyway.

Yeh your probably right, it really does depend on personal preference. I just get pist off when I hear that sh1te, you know. Its a bit bitchy as well :lol:
I dont feel like that anymore.

Oh for the record I dont actual think ignition technition has ever made a good tune. So I'd bet his next one will be crap to.

The Overfiend
27-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Robosexual was a hell of a tune, so was the Mutations ep with Glenn

audioinjection
27-10-2005, 09:59 PM
absolutely dreadful

The Overfiend
27-10-2005, 11:18 PM
I can honestly say it's tracks like this that are why techno is in the state that it is in right now.
I would tell Pete and Wilko this to their face.
Good job fellas, for pissing on techno and the people who love it.
Why don't you put more than 5 minutes of thought behind an idea before you make a track and get that royalty check off your work from the label that is courting you and expecting at least a half hours work on a track.

SlavikSvensk
27-10-2005, 11:33 PM
i agree. this is already a song, and this adds, IMO, absolutely nothing to it except making it more white. sorry to be so negative, and i certainly don't mean to put down anyone who might dig this (to each their own), but i think antonio is 100% right...

machina
28-10-2005, 01:32 AM

rivertrance? it's time for a new genre. :lol:

machina

pedrod
28-10-2005, 02:08 AM
I can honestly say it's tracks like this that are why techno is in the state that it is in right now.
Why don't you put more than 5 minutes of thought behind an idea before you make a track and get that royalty check off your work from the label that is courting you and expecting at least a half hours work on a track.

Pete has not been part of ignition technician for well over a year now at least (maybe longer) - its now just wilko

and come on.. the track maybe a bit lame, but it is the 2nd track on the b-side... !!

The Divide
28-10-2005, 02:19 AM
I had a listen to see what the rant was about. I thought it was a bit boring, too basic and that breakdown was a weak. Can’t say I have any problems with the sampled elements in this track tho, I do think this could have been done a lot better, much more raw and jacking.

To me it isn’t much different to the schranze bootlegs that are kicking about. All those are to me are samples of original tracks with basic techno elements of that sub genre added to them without anything else to compliment the feeling/expression/idea of the other track. These tracks have a novelty purpose and nothing else. I don’t think drawing attention to these tracks via the forums are worth it tho, I mean what makes this any worse than some boring B side you never remember on some record years ago

Besides all it does is make people moan (like I just did)

The Divide
28-10-2005, 02:24 AM
[quote=SummerOfSam]
and come on.. the track maybe a bit lame, but it is the 2nd track on the b-side... !!

I had a feeling it was a B side. Im sure someone would like this track and its not like the production sucks, the kick was tight, the hats sat ok

Each to their own and all that

The Overfiend
28-10-2005, 06:30 AM

Pete has not been part of ignition technician for well over a year now at least (maybe longer) - its now just wilko

My point is that with people trying to get their shit out even a b side should count.
With all the various artists ep's out now. Not because the material is bad but because
the distro's all want wank.
From a producer stand point my niece could have made that track with
some good kicks and no kick loops.
You know where I am coming from or apparently not.
and it may be the 2nd on the b side but check the rest of that ep.

TechMouse
28-10-2005, 10:10 AM
http://www.k-inet.com/~brown/newsarc/99May/evil.jpg

rhythmtech
28-10-2005, 10:17 AM
i personnaly dont like this cause its lazy (and i really really dont like queen... but thats another story). we've all made tracks that sample the fcuk out of something or other but i know most people will try use that sample within the context of their track. this bassline just sounds as if it was thrown on top of an unfinished track.
this maybe a b-side but thats no excuse. i know, given the chance, i wouldn't release anything i didn't think was great... b-side or not..

but each to their own.

Tremor
28-10-2005, 12:16 PM
To be fair, I do like some of Ignition Technicians' trax, not too big on their ghetto stuff tho.. And this track does sound boring and just a bit cheezy.. I think it's the vocal that ruins it the most..

Serendipity
29-10-2005, 11:10 AM
I don't like it either, but...

that is shocking and depressing... maybe we just have higher standards. but if i was a shop owner/buyer whatever... i wouldn't even stock that on moral grounds alone, never mind the personal issues i'd have with it. the queen bassline is a disgrace and the vocal sounds so dull and boring. i think this is one for room 101.

I know plenty of records shop owners who must sell stuff that they don't like in order for their business to survive - if a record is going to sell, then a record shop should have it. I mean, say you're a Techno shop in South London - you're not gonna survive unless you stock Garage - you may not like to, but it's a business decision and record shop owners need to remain sensibly open minded to all styles.

Don't you think that that's a bit elitist? It's a question of peoples tastes - everyone knows that peoplle like music that other people don't - but to suggest trying to "bring down" these artists you don't like is over the top - imagine if some music snobbists hated the Techno you love - and they managed to get the music boycotted and not made any more - we'd all be furious, mainly because we have a freedom of choice, to like what we want, and for someone else to say "you shouldn't make that" is simply ridiculous. The same works both ways, and as everyone knows, most people listen to crap music, you should just think yourself lucky you have better taste and go and listen to a record that you really like instead of worrying about music you don't.

davethedrummer
29-10-2005, 08:46 PM
im playing with wilko tonight
shall i write this all down and present it to him?
i think not.

at the end of the day:

no he is not responsible for the state of techno today

no i still don't agree with threads just started to say something is "shite"

come on lads we're better than this.

djshiva
29-10-2005, 09:03 PM
i think not.

sure. why not? if he can't handle a critique of his stuff, he probably shoudn't be releasing records. that said, a critique is something more than "ooof this is shite". but i do think critique is necessary for techno to move forward instead of using lazy sampling (and inmho, that's what this track sounds like...laziness)

at the end of the day:

no he's not responsible for the state of techno today. but we are all individually responsible for our own output. and that track, quite frankly, is lazy and pretty boring to boot. just coming on and slagging it is kind of useless, but i think we can use this as a springboard for a discussion on sampling and perhaps even quality control.

too many producers are shoving out tracks left and right that, quite frankly, are crap. part of this IS the ep format. so if you have one HOT track and you have to fill up the rest of the record, it seems like too many people just throw something on there. anything, just to fill it up.

and i am unwilling anymore to pay import prices for one hot track anymore. i think a lot of people are. and i think that (along with economics and distro issues) has a hell of a lot to do with the difficulty labels are having with selling records.

so perhaps all of this typing is just me saying i think a bit of quality control on the producer end would be nice. i would rather buy a various artist ep that has one hot track from 3 or 4 people, than an individual artist's ep that has one good tune and 2 or 3 crap ones.

The Overfiend
29-10-2005, 10:34 PM
i think not.

sure. why not? if he can't handle a critique of his stuff, he probably shoudn't be releasing records. that said, a critique is something more than "ooof this is shite". but i do think critique is necessary for techno to move forward instead of using lazy sampling (and inmho, that's what this track sounds like...laziness)

at the end of the day:

no he's not responsible for the state of techno today. but we are all individually responsible for our own output. and that track, quite frankly, is lazy and pretty boring to boot. just coming on and slagging it is kind of useless, but i think we can use this as a springboard for a discussion on sampling and perhaps even quality control.

too many producers are shoving out tracks left and right that, quite frankly, are crap. part of this IS the ep format. so if you have one HOT track and you have to fill up the rest of the record, it seems like too many people just throw something on there. anything, just to fill it up.

and i am unwilling anymore to pay import prices for one hot track anymore. i think a lot of people are. and i think that (along with economics and distro issues) has a hell of a lot to do with the difficulty labels are having with selling records.

so perhaps all of this typing is just me saying i think a bit of quality control on the producer end would be nice. i would rather buy a various artist ep that has one hot track from 3 or 4 people, than an individual artist's ep that has one good tune and 2 or 3 crap ones.

You f*cking go girl, Took the words right out of my mouth.

And Yes Henry tell him that there is a thread criticizing this as part of our downfall.
It might inspire him to come correct again, I don't understand why you think a thread like this is unneccessary, when you yourself have a section on your critiques for up and coming producers on your website. Since this is a forum for artists and the people, should not the artists that are actively releasing be under scrutiny as well? No one is above critique.

RDR
30-10-2005, 06:10 AM
AKAIK.. richard wont give a shit what anyone thinks. simple.

he's coining it in releasing this kind of stuff, playing all over the world and living in yorkshire. wether or not you rate him (i personally dont mind some of his tracks) it is right and proper to criticise. As long as it is to the point and constructive. you cant stop criticism, it was ever thus.

Martin Dust
30-10-2005, 07:54 AM
Crikey...I reckon you lot need to get out a bit more :)

RDR
30-10-2005, 11:50 AM
but its raining! would you send me out into the yorkshire cold? :P

dan the acid man
30-10-2005, 12:22 PM
but its raining! would you send me out into the yorkshire cold? :P

aye, you cant call yourself a proper yorkshireman, unless you can stand outside in the freezing cold winter rain, wearing nothing but a vest and some kind of trousers obviously

Tremor
31-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Here's a thought.. When 2Pac said that phrase he meant something by it. It was a social commentary, not just a loop pasted over a bassline to inspire nostalgia induced ass shaking..

TechMouse
31-10-2005, 01:11 PM
aye, you cant call yourself a proper yorkshireman, unless you can stand outside in the freezing cold winter rain, wearing nothing but a vest and some kind of trousers obviously
See, a proper yorkshire man would have said "nowt".

dan the acid man
31-10-2005, 01:41 PM
your right techmouse, i hang my head in shame :oops:

kai_1
31-10-2005, 11:33 PM
The new Pirate Audio record rocks it, all three tunes imo, so I wouldn't judge Ignician Technician on one B.Side thats obviously been written tongue in cheek...

djshiva
01-11-2005, 04:47 AM
one word:

disposable.

that's what so much techno has become. disposable, thrown together samples with a kickin' bassline. hot for the next week's release list, then doomed to the dustbin of boredom (but not history for the most part). i know we can't write classics every time, but at least a bit more effort would be nice. that's really what i would like to see. something that stands on its own as a tune, rather than wasting more petroleum-based vinyl (yup...i said it...the oil thirst supplies our vinyl life's blood as well) to press a record that's forgotten in a week.

the disposability of techno is what's killing it. that's my story, and i'm stickin' to it.

The Overfiend
01-11-2005, 05:34 AM
None of you can front that what she is saying is not right.

SlavikSvensk
01-11-2005, 06:35 AM
to sum up the past three pages: the track is crap, though the guys who made it are not, while people from yorkshire spell sh*t funny.

:)

djshiva
01-11-2005, 07:58 AM
^^^
that shite is funny.

JamieBall
01-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Sounds awful...

Wilko has made some good techno in his time but I really don't know what he's up to with stuff like this. WHO is this aimed at ?

Personally, I'm only digging on Dj Deeon's version off of 'deeon doez disco' (dance mania)
And that's like, hmmmm, about 10 years old or something. And it's better.

>WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE??<

Also, isn't it funny how we have the whole language to sample yet the same words crop up OVER AND OVER AGAIN ?

Come on guys, at least dig a little !

I'm with SOS on this one, 100%. Don't want to seem negative but I really don't see how stuff like this is helping anyone, let alone Wilko.

rhythmtech
01-11-2005, 10:26 AM
one word:

disposable.

that's what so much techno has become. disposable, thrown together samples with a kickin' bassline. hot for the next week's release list, then doomed to the dustbin of boredom (but not history for the most part). i know we can't write classics every time, but at least a bit more effort would be nice. that's really what i would like to see. something that stands on its own as a tune, rather than wasting more petroleum-based vinyl (yup...i said it...the oil thirst supplies our vinyl life's blood as well) to press a record that's forgotten in a week.

the disposability of techno is what's killing it. that's my story, and i'm stickin' to it.

i have to disagree a little. we dont need classics EVERYTIME. sometimes (for playing out especially) filler tracks are better to mix with. they give you more scope to work with. (but i do agree that maximum effort should be put into every track, even the ones you know will never be the next "energy flash")

sash
01-11-2005, 11:12 AM
At least it's not as bad as Schnappy da crocodile............

dan the acid man
01-11-2005, 11:31 AM
to sum up the past three pages: the track is crap, though the guys who made it are not, while people from yorkshire spell sh*t funny.

:)

that sums it up :lol: and we spell things right in yorkshire, its everybody else that spells it wrong :lol:

TechMouse
01-11-2005, 12:48 PM
that sums it up :lol: and we spell things right in yorkshire, its everybody else that spells it wrong :lol:
"Reet", surely?

Come on Dan, pick your game up... ;)

dan the acid man
01-11-2005, 01:55 PM
i was going to type it all in proper yorkshire, but i'd just end up confusing everybody, plus i dont actually speak like that, im not from barnsley tha knows :lol:

massplanck
01-11-2005, 02:57 PM
None of you can front that what she is saying is not right.

no i agree. loopy hard techno is shite. with or without 2pac samples

massplanck
01-11-2005, 03:12 PM
No one is above critique.

People who post regularily on BOA are though.

Would I get banned if thought the singularity was shit & lazy for instance? :shock: Or can i now start slagging Dave the Drummers tracks on here? :shock:

I say ignore the shit music & stop preaching to the converted SOS. Crap music has no place on here & thus crap music threads dont either. Sure we can pass comment but the amount of "hey look! hey look! look how crap this track is & this the reason techno is dead & dying from TB & AIDS!" threads are ten a penny on here sometimes.

SlavikSvensk
01-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Crap music has no place on here & thus crap music threads dont either.

here's one that will cut to the bone...MOST tracks are crap. no, that's not fair. most tracks are MEDIOCRE, which is how i would describe this one. so we don't like it, we think the fine folks from IT can do better, dan the acid man might not be a real yorkshireman, as evidenced by his refusal to use the words "nowt" and "reet."

TIME TO MOVE ON PEOPLE

dan the acid man
01-11-2005, 04:40 PM
yeah, this threads run its course i think

davethedrummer
01-11-2005, 07:14 PM
one word:

disposable.

i have to disagree a little. we dont need classics EVERYTIME. sometimes (for playing out especially) filler tracks are better to mix with. they give you more scope to work with. (but i do agree that maximum effort should be put into every track, even the ones you know will never be the next "energy flash")

try telling that to your audience

davethedrummer
01-11-2005, 07:17 PM

Would I get banned if thought the singularity was shit & lazy for instance? :shock: Or can i now start slagging Dave the Drummers tracks on here? :shock:

you are welcome to slag my tracks as much as you want mate

rhythmtech
01-11-2005, 07:23 PM

thats good cause hydro 29 is crap.. there are no edits. the synths are dull and the overall atmosphere is drap and pointless and you smell.

disclaimer: the opinions of the author may infact be lies and so therefore should not be taken b4 meals. no hydro 29s were harmed in the making of this post.

Serendipity
01-11-2005, 07:27 PM
one word:

disposable.

try telling that to your audience

Also: who on earth wants "filler tracks"? The whole point is that a DJ should be playing the very best possible records, and working out a suitable way to present them. "Filler tracks" are what come on free CD's - a DJ (or performer) should always strive to play the very best music available - not rely on MEDIOCRE ;) fodder to help them mix better.
You could potentially light some very explosive touchpaper by saying things like that (generally, not personally you rhythmtech), because there is always a rather hefty chunk of personal opinion involved in discussions like these - what you may consider to be a useful mixing record, some people may dismiss in the same kind of way as the record that this thread is all about has been.

The most pertinent point on this thread is the oil one though ( :clap: ) - and just think, there's far worse genres of music out there that are wasting our precious resources.

rhythmtech
01-11-2005, 07:33 PM
maybe filler was the wrong word for me to use. a tools track is probably a better explanation. you know what i mean.. one of those tracks that on its own is solid but nothin totally amazing but when mixed with something it just takes on a new meaning.

massplanck
01-11-2005, 09:14 PM

I cant. I own some. ;)

djshiva
01-11-2005, 09:18 PM
i'll take a slab of wax with a crap ton of loops over a "filler" tune anyday. and i understand what you mean rhythmtech, it's just that what djs consider "tools" are useful to djs and djs only. and that's partly why the labels are suffering from low sales. we have developed a niche market that has, frankly, built itself upon the disposability and subsequent acquisition-fuelled mindset of "dj tools". and when djs are the ones buying this stuff, and djs stop buying it cuz they are bored...well the whole thing takes a big poo.

we have built a "closed loop" system that is killing itself.

just my three cents...

SlavikSvensk
01-11-2005, 09:19 PM

he was just being facetious...

rhythmtech
02-11-2005, 11:00 AM
i'll take a slab of wax with a crap ton of loops over a "filler" tune anyday. and i understand what you mean rhythmtech, it's just that what djs consider "tools" are useful to djs and djs only. and that's partly why the labels are suffering from low sales. we have developed a niche market that has, frankly, built itself upon the disposability and subsequent acquisition-fuelled mindset of "dj tools". and when djs are the ones buying this stuff, and djs stop buying it cuz they are bored...well the whole thing takes a big poo.

we have built a "closed loop" system that is killing itself.

just my three cents...

i know what you mean... maybe in an ideal world there'll be room for both!

Jay Pace
02-11-2005, 11:36 AM
I really hope digital distribution ends this.
No one is going to buy crap like that if they can choose which tracks to buy on an EP.

Maybe then people can concentrate on tracks they are pleased with.
I really can't see anyone taking a proud step back from a record like that, and smiling as they say to themselves "I made this".

Shiva hit the nail on the head - why pay extortionate import prices for vinyl 3 crappy fillers and one standout?

Die Vinyl, Die.

davethedrummer
02-11-2005, 01:01 PM

what has feaces got to do with it?? :doh:

rhythmtech
02-11-2005, 01:06 PM

well we are talkin bout a sh*t record :lol: :lol: :lol:

SlavikSvensk
02-11-2005, 04:47 PM

i almost spit out my coffee when i read that :clap:

mindbender
06-11-2005, 04:32 AM
too funny......

Jay Pace..............Vinyl will never die. :rambo:

but, yes there has to be a line drawn on what is being produced and exposed in a what seems to be an area diminishing itself out of the market.

The Overfiend
07-11-2005, 04:36 AM
I did not think I was preaching to the converted planck.
My point was that there are plenty of hungry artists out ther dying to put out
Quality material, so I find it a bit lax in technique for established names to put out wank
Having an easier outlet than most to be able to do so.

Agent Orange NYC
08-11-2005, 05:33 PM
I think you guys should all chill out- It was a B-side fun track. I'm sure it would get a great dance floor response and would proably help you get laid at the end of the night, isn't that why we are all in this anyway?> J/K!! BTW - The A-side of that record is pretty quality, maybe you shouldn't ignore to post it next time.

pedrod
12-11-2005, 07:58 PM
See, a proper yorkshire man would have said "nowt".

you'd be reet there

and that id be vest, trousers, braces and flat-cap like

dirty_bass
12-11-2005, 09:23 PM
and would proably help you get laid at the end of the night, isn't that why we are all in this anyway

Erm, shouldn`t you be playing hip hop if you want to get laid?
If this is just a joke, then ok, but if this is a serious comment, then yikes.
I know I`m certainly not doing it for that, I was getting laid long before I was getting techno.

rhythmtech
12-11-2005, 09:46 PM
and would proably help you get laid at the end of the night, isn't that why we are all in this anyway

I know I`m certainly not doing it for that, I was getting laid long before I was getting techno.

sometimes i sleep with my controllers.. does this count? i only rub them, theres no penetration.

The Overfiend
13-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Actually if you want to get laid play house music, much hotter girls into that.

MARKEG
13-11-2005, 09:03 AM
well my chrissi is into techno and i think she's the hotest thing i've ever seen :)

acidsaturation
13-11-2005, 02:50 PM
At riff raf last night, the tecno girls were hotter, but the girls in the house room all had corsets and heaving bosoms...

Jay Pace
13-11-2005, 03:00 PM
There may be fewer girl into techno, but there you go. I've never been into girlie girls anyway.

And providing its not gabber or scrhanz you usually get a decent mix.

Agent Orange NYC
18-11-2005, 09:05 PM

Of course that was a joke man :shock:

278d7e64a374de26f==