PDA

View Full Version : Underground Resistance in Dublin this weekend

conflict
28-10-2005, 07:54 AM
http://www.dublinks.com/index.cfm/loc/12/pt/0/spid/C515885D-493D-442C-973B42DCE4DF18E3.htm

anyone of here going?

philipryan
28-10-2005, 08:31 AM
Yeh I'll be there... loads of good stuff on for the DEAF festival

http://www.deafireland.com/home/index.asp

Boboagogo
28-10-2005, 09:44 AM
goin to see them in shine on saturday, gonna have galaxy 2 galaxy playin a full live band, should b interestin if im not too wiped out.

Louis Theroux
28-10-2005, 01:11 PM
I am going to see Galaxy 2 Galaxy & Los Hermanos tonight at the Arches in Glasgow.

daviec
31-10-2005, 09:05 AM
I was quite looking forward to the Galaxy 2 Galaxy thing at Pressure, but it was pretty dissapointing I felt. Really enjoyed Smagghe though.

stjohn
01-11-2005, 01:28 PM
what can i say except what a boring pile of shit. i came home early from ur. i should have brought my quilt and pillow. the crowd nearly put me to sleep. the music was good but with no atmosphere whats the point.

regrets,regrets. i knew i should have went to the jazz fest in cork. wont be making the same mistake next year. had a great night out sat tho so that made up for tonigth being so shit.

Thought UR rocked it man, Mike and the boys are a live electro funk band in the same vain as George Clinton, Prince etc except they rock techno sounds to bring their message to the people.

I was really feeling the show, the players in the band are as tight as you can get, i was blown away by the high standard of the musicianship, the Irish guy didn't get hi tech jazz for me personally, i expected it to have a lot more of an impact and i felt he didn't get the vibe of the gig and it showed in his playing

UR for me have always had a soul element in the music they put out, they have always had the funk and gospel sound in their music. I love the soul city records and soul saver the 12" on S.I.D is a killer record that rocked many a club when it first dropped.

I've been a fan of UR for over 10 years now and finally getting to see them play live didn't let me down, the quality of their performance really blew me away, you don't get to see that sort of thing very often, especially in Ireland, fair play to the D1 crew for finally (after 7 years of trying) getting one of the greatest crews in dance music to Ireland.

278d7e64a374de26f==