PDA

View Full Version : [Funky techno] Rhythm Technologies - Freak

rhythmtech
28-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Bit of funky techno.. i know the vocals wont be to everyones taste but i do need advice on them. Comments always welcome.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=639148&t=5248

fresh_an_funky_design
28-10-2005, 09:35 AM
very nice, good groove. Love the synth that comes in on the break. I think the vocal could be a lot quieter, as its very loud in the mix. I personally think it would work much better if it was more suttle. Good stuff though and Tight production

rhythmtech
28-10-2005, 09:38 AM
cheers.. yeah vocals is strange... dynamics are all over the place but compressing it is giving a dreadful hiss that even a de-esser wont get rid of... i'm kinda stumped with it at the moment!

fresh_an_funky_design
28-10-2005, 10:01 AM
i think just eq them a bit and drop the level.. should work

rhythmtech
28-10-2005, 10:09 AM
yeah... could probably spend more time on eq. thank you please!

dan the acid man
30-10-2005, 02:16 PM
nice groove, im not sure what quality the mp3 is, doesnt sound very high, so its hard to tell much about the quality of the production.

sounds like it maybe lacking in bottom end warmth.

as for the vocal, sounds like it could do with better eq, overall i quite like this track though, maybe the main bleep noise could do with a bit of modulation here and there, as it gets a bit repetetive

rhythmtech
30-10-2005, 03:56 PM
yeah its just crap quality wma file.. bottom end is there alright, played it out on friday night and had to kill the bass... a little too much sub frequencies in it... sometimes it feels like we gotta make about 10 differant versions for differant systems... gonna have to hook up a set of hi-fi speakers in the studio, i dont think its too wise going on the studio monitors alone. they obviously handle more bass. thanx for listening and the feedback.

278d7e64a374de26f==