PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend decent repair places in London / SE?

auditory hallucinations
28-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Hi,

My Emu Ultra sampler died last night. I'm in mourning, and having a lousy day generally.

Can anyone recommend decent, reliable repair places in London? Have searched de web but didn't find much.

Think it was a power surge that did it...also think it was one that knocked my tr909 for six about a year ago. What do people use for protection for this kinda older gear?

Thanks for any help, it would cheer me up loads.

TechMouse
28-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Think you can get surge protectors quite cheap.

Also, make sure you have the right fuses in your plugs.

FILTERZ
28-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Hi,

My Emu Ultra sampler died last night. I'm in mourning, and having a lousy day generally.

Can anyone recommend decent, reliable repair places in London? Have searched de web but didn't find much.

Think it was a power surge that did it...also think it was one that knocked my tr909 for six about a year ago. What do people use for protection for this kinda older gear?

Thanks for any help, it would cheer me up loads.

i have surge protection in my studio ,they were only 20 quid for a an 8 plug block or something . This sounds bad ,your electricity company is supposed to supply your lecky at a fairly even rate, if it fluctuates to much (you can check it) from the the main source outside your house you are entitled to ask them to sort it out , there was a big thing in sound on sound about it ages ago .

http://www.synth-service.co.uk/ try here

Basil Rush
29-10-2005, 02:03 PM
The price of samplers has dropped through the floor! Might be almost a replacement job, what's the symptoms?

auditory hallucinations
31-10-2005, 12:54 PM
basically it won't turn on, the fan whirs but no lights come on and you get the impression that no ones home. i bought it second-hand for £300 about six months ago, so yeh will need to check if repair is economical or not, might just be worth getting another one

such a pain all this stuff, seems everytime i make a step forward something breaks / dies / generally goes kaput. maybe someone is trying to tell me something!

dan the acid man
31-10-2005, 01:51 PM
yeah, make sure everythings plugged into a surge protector, i use one, its got 6 plugs on it and its also got phone and modem connectors for my pc.

you can pick them up anywhere nowadays

FILTERZ
31-10-2005, 02:46 PM
sorry , this may seem a bit mercenary

if you want a replacement emu i have one .

and im skint

278d7e64a374de26f==