PDA

View Full Version : Heroes X Series!

Tiddlypeep
24-07-2003, 07:14 PM
At Long ****ing Last!...

Thanks to someone very special I finally got myself some copies of the Heroes X Series Vinyl!.

It only took me around six months to get a hold of any Heroes X due to distribution problems for the UK.

I would now like to think Glenn and everyone else who produced any tracks on this awesome label!.

The Lars Klein mix of Serum is getting some major rotation for a long long long long long long long time!!!!!.

:D :D :D :D

Col
24-07-2003, 08:31 PM
yeah exellent label, just bought some new remixes today

MARKEG
24-07-2003, 09:48 PM
cheers m8!! we're on at glenn to remix some more :)

Col
24-07-2003, 09:53 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P :P :P

ampassasinbirmingham
25-07-2003, 12:09 AM
why couldnt u get any copies?

Xtraction
25-07-2003, 03:10 AM
Do another like your last X-Remix Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We need more of this, and everyone else who has put effort into projects like these can't go without mention. That Serum mix will play for quite some time to come.

Tr3v0r

T
25-07-2003, 09:24 AM
Heroes x series, feckin brilliant series....only got 1 & 4 though, Kowalski, The anxious, Mr Wilson himself, chris Mccormack all with cracking remixes!!!
Quite simply, QUALITY

Xtraction
25-07-2003, 09:25 AM
I second, third and fourth this notion

Paul Nisbet
25-07-2003, 06:15 PM
gettin my copy from tiddly tonight, wet in anticipation... ha ha.

Think its hard to get in scotland cause of distribution probs... a lot of tech is hard too get up here, hydraulix etc....

Tiddlypeep
25-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Not anymore matey!.

We have sorted our shit and it's all good!!.

ampassingbirmingham -> The reason being that the series went exclusive to some distribution company that no one in the UK could get a hold off, as the heroes stuff gets Distributed by the Dutch company Triple Vision but, now it is (a bit) more easier to get a hold of which is fantastic!!.

Will :)

davethedrummer
26-07-2003, 11:17 PM
i don't really get this paticular style so much
i mean remixes are cool
but nothing is really very challenging here

no dis to you all i mean i know lot's of people are into this sound
but it's a little ,( please don't kill me for saying so) "souless" for me

what's it all about?

Epps
27-07-2003, 02:29 AM
i mean remixes are cool

what's it all about?

Hmmm, well at least your honest. The Heroes stuff can do some damage on the floor, altough you have to time it well or you'll clear everyone off.

MrAcid
27-07-2003, 05:49 AM
i mean remixes are cool

what's it all about?

perfect words dave...i donĀ“t really the glenn wilson hardtechno style....
too much hard...without soul...well...my PARTICULAR opinion...

cheers

wenna
27-07-2003, 10:46 AM
i think that's what i like so much about Glenns sound, it is rather cold and souless. I mean emotions are great, just never trust them!!! :evil:

Paul Nisbet
27-07-2003, 11:25 AM
i think that's what i like so much about Glenns sound, it is rather cold and souless. I mean emotions are great, just never trust them!!! :evil:

Well said. its just pure agression. ****in quality..... really gets me goin big time.

Adverse
27-07-2003, 11:51 AM
well personally i have to say... the remixes always (yes always) fall short of glenn's pieces... that said, i'd sure like to hear another 5 come out before i hear another remix.

i'd like to reply more.. but i'd like a definition of what "soul" in techno is about from henry? please any of you could take stab at defining it as well..

Paul Nisbet
27-07-2003, 11:56 AM
yeah, kinda stumped me too, im takin it as that glen has a kind of industrial sound???

wenna
27-07-2003, 02:47 PM
for me i think 'soul', or 'no soul' in this case is that you cannot really tell what the producer was thinking when they made the track...... a crap explanation i know!! :cry:

on the opposite side though Punish releases have a very strong clear emotional content. its very taboo and sick and alot of my mates laugh at the sound and find it rather amusing, but i genuinely find it very disturbing (which is why i love it so much) :twisted: . the best music provokes an emotional response.

Tiddlypeep
27-07-2003, 03:50 PM
for me i think 'soul', or 'no soul' in this case is that you cannot really tell what the producer was thinking when they made the track...... a crap explanation i know!! :cry:

on the opposite side though Punish releases have a very strong clear emotional content. its very taboo and sick and alot of my mates laugh at the sound and find it rather amusing, but i genuinely find it very disturbing (which is why i love it so much) :twisted: . the best music provokes an emotional response.

Thats some pretty deep shit right there matey!.

Will :)

davethedrummer
27-07-2003, 04:21 PM
hahaha
sorry "soul" has been argued about for ages i know and it's not a great way to describe music as all music essentially has an emotional content to the listener which is carried from the composer.
no what i really meant by it was that personally coming from a musical level here i don't find much to go on other than just drums and they are the kind of drums which don't do it for me.
it's very hard and clanking and mechanical but i just don't feel the funk so much in these records. i'm not dissing all of them because there are one or two that i like. but for the main part they always fall short of the mark for me.

Adverse
27-07-2003, 06:04 PM
ok i get it now. fair enough.. but heroes is concept label using robots and supermechs as it's visual/creative standpoint. i don't believe funk is to be splayed about here. i know glenn just loves to get dirt-funky (how many times has he done it on template or colors or punish etc etc) this label just isn't suppose to exude that.

anyways. for real, glenn himself is a hero and cheers to that.

Sunil
27-07-2003, 08:21 PM
well personally i have to say... the remixes always (yes always) fall short of glenn's pieces... that said, i'd sure like to hear another 5 come out before i hear another remix.

Hmm, i dunno about this. I have all of the Heroes series but in terms of imagination i think some of the remixes weigh in better. In Heroes he has developed a unique sound but the X series (for hearing other people's slant) is just as important. It has been good to see other producers such as Alexander Kowalski and Chris McCormack get involved too, people who don't already have an association with Wilson's other labels.

MARKEG
28-07-2003, 12:59 AM
i think hereos x is a great label because we get to hear some really amazing rmxers do the biz on some really cool glenn wilson tracks. i defintely don't think hereos is better than hereos x, nor the other way round.

but what i do think is that these two labels complement each other soooooooo beautifully. glenn is definitely a legend.

Adverse
28-07-2003, 05:00 AM
i defintely don't think hereos is better than hereos x, nor the other way round.

why?

MARKEG
28-07-2003, 11:06 AM
i love both of the labels for what they are. i don't have a preferance at all. i'll get just a excited putting a hereos release on the decks as i will a hereos x track.

Bughead
28-07-2003, 04:43 PM
One of the best remixes on the Heroes was the Patrick Skoog one.
Amazing.

i'd like to reply more.. but i'd like a definition of what "soul" in techno is about from henry? please any of you could take stab at defining it as well..

DJPAUZE
28-07-2003, 06:14 PM
Im getting us right back on topic here. Heroes-X- Im in love with it, Im really feeling heroes-x 2 anxious remix and heroes-x 4 glenn wilson remix and chris mccormack remix.
I would have to say there are great releases on X as well as the Heroes themselves.
Heroes 1 and 2 are my absolute favorites and I will play them for a LONG LONG timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Pauze :twisted:

278d7e64a374de26f==