PDA

View Full Version : max/msp

mattboyslim
02-11-2005, 05:52 PM
is anyone familiar with this program? i'm wanting to use it to build my own kick drum synth and i'm looking for a few tips to get started

machina
02-11-2005, 11:25 PM
I've screwed around with it a little bit before - but don't really know how to give you some tips to get started... it really requires synthesis generation knowledge and time. (which i never had and so I gave it the arse). It's very similar to the nord software for the modular's - perhaps try and find some tutorials on the nord stuff and adapt it to Max/MSP... it's all too much of a waste of time for me - i've got plenty of synths and vst's, don't have the need to be screwing around building stuff from scratch. i understand the appeal though - good luck :)

machina

detfella
03-11-2005, 02:52 AM
i suppose to start with you want to have a genrator with sine wave > adsr maybe have a few other waveforms that you can mix in as well. but you dont want anything with too many upper harmonics.

TechMouse
03-11-2005, 10:57 AM
You'll need to modulate the pitch of the sine wave with an envelope.

You might want to have a play with something like Attack to get an idea of how kick drum synthesis works, first.

278d7e64a374de26f==