PDA

View Full Version : Does Noise Work for You?

baconstyle
02-11-2005, 06:19 PM
I have a question for forum members interested in older IDM: what happened to autechre?

Personally, I find the older autechre albums, particularly Envane, Tri Repetae, Cichli Suite, LP5, Chiastic Slide, etc., to be fascinating, explorative works that I can listen to over and over again. Perhaps since people began to copy autechre's style, they looked to create new styles of music and moved into noise music...

I have nothing against noise music in itself--in fact, I like some noise music. But with autechre's move into noise, they seem to have lost much of what attracted to me to their music in the first place.

Perhaps other forum members could comment on this... Does noise work for you?

koma
02-11-2005, 06:44 PM
bit of noise here and there, yes...

didnt hear any autechre's new stuff though

btw this is more for the core forum.. slavik, can u move it?

tocsin
02-11-2005, 06:53 PM
My girl caught Autechre in Philadelphia a few months ago. They didn't play any noise at all.

SlavikSvensk
02-11-2005, 07:06 PM
bit of noise here and there, yes...

didnt hear any autechre's new stuff though

btw this is more for the core forum.. slavik, can u move it?

could be, but i think i'll keep it here for now, as it does refer to pre-2000 electronic music if it ends up mainly a discussion of the new material, i'll move it. :)

maybe it needs to be a bit more targeted to the old school...so what made autechre's old stuff special and has this been lost?

rotten
05-01-2006, 11:11 AM
noise?? whats noise for you guys? think more on power electronics and industrial!

alsynthe
05-01-2006, 12:02 PM
autechre did the music for the new LG advert, recent stuff is more chilled melodic kinda stuff, still think its damn good though

SlavikSvensk
09-01-2006, 05:22 PM
noise?? whats noise for you guys?

the sound of richard james spinning sandpaper...

278d7e64a374de26f==