PDA

View Full Version : Robert Hood, Steve Rachmad styles

Jay Pace
03-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Right

I had the pleasure of seeing Robert Hood on Saturday for the first time. He was masterful. I recognised a number of steve rachmad tracks in his set - new energie, more or less and a few others.

I love the squelchy analogue Scorp sound, and there were a lot of detroit style records Hood played that sounded very similar.

And I want them all.

Anyone got any suggestions who to look up and where to look?

Thanks matey peeps

SlavikSvensk
03-11-2005, 04:44 PM
awesome! those two are really two peas in a pod.

so...i think the absolute best rachmad track (and the most rob hood-ish) is:

ignacio "organa/organon"

this is an incredible piece of music and very simple. his side on the kozmozz record is also ace, but all the stuff is quality.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ignacio

then there's his stuff as sterac. i think this is his work more heavily influenced by derrick may and larry heard. the "secret life of machines" album is pretty good, as is the 12" on tresor.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Sterac

he's also a fantastic dj if you get the chance to hear him...

Traxx
03-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Seen him a few times he really is ace, gonna see him again in liverpool in december.

drift9
04-11-2005, 01:49 AM
Anyone got any suggestions who to look up and where to look?

Thanks matey peeps

last few times i saw him (mind you it's been two years since i have) i noticed that he seemed to be rather fond of John Thomas' stuff. Also, he seems to play one of Murat's first records all the time, WITHOUT FAIL. It's Murat's "moments" on Detor. And it's fantastic. If you manage to find i'll give you a golden cookie. good luck!

Jay Pace
04-11-2005, 02:42 PM
Cool suggestions guys, many thanks.

Would love to Rachmad. Line-ups are woefully unimaginative in London.

"What - Mills? At Lost? Geddoudahere!"

Stella Boy
04-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Seen him a few times he really is ace, gonna see him again in liverpool in december.

dj or semi-live. Semi-Live is just awesome, not that he isn't normally

Traxx
04-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Nah rachmad mate, you talkin about the hoodster?

278d7e64a374de26f==