TONN PIPER
SAS
JUNGALIST ALLIANCE
SUDDZ
SKEEZ
SWITCH

Traxx
03-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Cant ****in wait for that. Bout time there was nye line up that good on our door step. That dnb line up is silly.

conflict
03-11-2005, 03:35 PM
anyone else got any other nye lineups?

jock
03-11-2005, 03:53 PM
massive lineup that, bit concerned with the sort of crowd that dnb sometimes attracts but suppose if you want to put on a big lineup like that you need to be able to fill the whole club.

Techno downstairs, DnB upstairs again i reckon.

oldbugger
03-11-2005, 04:08 PM
yep me too jock.

totally spoils the techno vibe IMO having a load of scallies in the other room.

i love drum and bass. hate the scene though :dontevengothere: :nono:

Traxx
03-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Bollox. Each one they have done has been ace. The last one especially had a crackin atmosphere upstairs & dowstairs. Are students scallies now? because there the people who were filling upstairs mostly. No more scallies up then there was down.

oldbugger
03-11-2005, 04:18 PM
dunno.. i didnt go. just don't like DnB rooms as a rule.

oldbugger
03-11-2005, 04:19 PM
dunno.. i didnt go. just don't like DnB rooms as a rule.

Traxx
03-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Fair enough.

oldbugger
03-11-2005, 04:28 PM
shame really coz i quite like a lot of drum and bass at the moment. and i'd love to see altern8 again

not seen them in about 14 years. so what do they do now? or is it like just doing all the old stuff?

Traxx
03-11-2005, 04:31 PM
I wouldnt have a clue what there doing on nye. I know metropolis had em on last nye as well, ill try & find out what the script is.

oldbugger
03-11-2005, 04:38 PM
nice one

eyeswithoutaface
03-11-2005, 06:23 PM
what a load of wank, there was no trouble whatsoever at the dnb Voodoo's and i really dont think there is going to be. There have been more scallies in Voodoo over the years than you can shake a massive stick at, you bunch of pussies

NYE will be superb, that is one seriously sick lineup

oldbugger
03-11-2005, 06:28 PM
yeah but you are a scally scott :lol:

and whats pussy about it?

eyeswithoutaface
03-11-2005, 06:45 PM
its pussy because the LAST thing that should be on someones mind when they go out is the fact there may be a little fracas in another room of the club

and yes i am a scally, but they do fight with their own too remember, just like the gays ..... ooo errrr

oldbugger
03-11-2005, 06:53 PM
hahahah. im not arsed what they do. i just usually dont like DnB rooms. full off attitude from past experience. doesnt bother me as such. just rather be somewhere it wasn't.

eyeswithoutaface
03-11-2005, 06:56 PM
yeah but whats the point in moaning about it really? there was no trouble and to let it actually put you off what is going to be a fantastic night is just stupid

i couldnt care less if Gengis Khan was live in the next room as long as he doesnt offer me out

Traxx
03-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Hahahaha

oldbugger
03-11-2005, 07:08 PM
whos moaning? was just having an opinion on what someone said. jock mentioned he was concerned about the DnB room. I totally see where he's coming from. wouldnt say i was arsed about it.. would rather see some techno on up there though thats for sure.

djfurness
03-11-2005, 07:13 PM
this sort of attitude is exactly the sort of attitude that makes me fume ...close minded ****ers with absolutely no clue...
how many times have you been to a dnb night in LIVERPOOL?
obviously none...this isnt ****in Slammin Vinyl and the like full of rudeboys....as Traxx said...the Liverpool DnB scene lives + breaths on Students...I should know...because im hevily involved in the dnb scene up here....in 5 years of goin to DnB nights in Liverpool ive seen ONE fight...and that was between 2 lads...and it was broke up within 5 seconds...by other people who were there....
At the end of the day...DnB is in the big room because its immensely more popular....end of...
if you love dnb so much....then you wouldnt let the fear of people startin a fight ruin it...as Scott said on another board...there were over 600+ people upstairs last week and every single one of em was happy as larry...

djfurness
03-11-2005, 07:15 PM

yeah...because absolutely everyone who gos to Voodoo are safe as **** arent they....ive seen many a nobhead in Voodoo in the last year when there was no DnB on

eyeswithoutaface
03-11-2005, 07:25 PM
well said Richie

djfurness
03-11-2005, 07:28 PM
ive just read ur post on funkshun about the lad gettin glassed @ Voodoo last NYE Scott....
just proves my point exactly

eyeswithoutaface
03-11-2005, 07:30 PM
someone got proper glassed last year in Voodoo anyway when i was djing last NYE, and someone nicked a bloody CDJ aswell!

Traxx
03-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Bet they were dnb heads out to ruin the techno folks evening :lol:

oldbugger
03-11-2005, 07:32 PM

yeah...because absolutely everyone who gos to Voodoo are safe as **** arent they....ive seen many a nobhead in Voodoo in the last year when there was no DnB on

i have seen the odd one or two myself ;)

your right. i dont go to DnB nights. as a rule like i have said earlier i don't like them... never have. used to go to loads of events years ago where drum and bass was huge.
suppose all that put me off for life. it may well of changed for the better these days ( i know the music has) thats just the impression i have thats all. and its my opinion. right or wrong i'm allowed it ;)

im not going into the main reasons i'm against this though and to be honest im not really that arsed anyway was just backing up what somebody had concerns about.

shit sticks.

keep it real voodoo.
:cool:

eyeswithoutaface
03-11-2005, 07:36 PM
haha timing on that

djfurness
03-11-2005, 08:06 PM
mate...ur right in a way....because u couldnt pay me to go to a night down south....as it is like what uve described...
but in Liverpool were proud to have a scene free of any trouble at all...the dnb scene up in the north west is like a diffrent world....everyone knows each other...
to see what i mean...check www.nwdnb.co.uk
me + traxx will tell yer....its like a little (3000 members :)) family!

Traxx
03-11-2005, 08:41 PM
north west dnb is the cats pj's.

Numeric
03-11-2005, 09:46 PM
I used to be a regular at X in Liverpool years back and the crowd were always cool, i've been to Metropolis a few times in Manchester too and again the crowd always seemed cool...

Not been to Voodoo for many years so can't really comment, although it was always good back in the day...

Numeric
03-11-2005, 09:52 PM
oh yeah, the line-up is stunning, should be an awesome night...

jock
04-11-2005, 09:04 AM
yeah alright maybe I did jump the gun a little there, I know there is a good drum and bass scene up in the northwest and although there was some very strange people in voodoo on saturday there really wasnt any trouble that I saw.

Hopefully going to this, depends if we can get someone to babysit and if some of our mates will go!!!

oldbugger
04-11-2005, 09:14 AM
yeah alright maybe I did jump the gun a little there, I know there is a good drum and bass scene up in the northwest and although there was some very strange people in voodoo on saturday there really wasnt any trouble that I saw.

Hopefully going to this, depends if we can get someone to babysit and if some of our mates will go and we gat get hold of some bullet proof/ stab proof vests !!!

:lol:

eyeswithoutaface
04-11-2005, 09:17 AM
when is there ever not some very strange people in Voodoo?

Frank Dogshit
04-11-2005, 12:38 PM
must admit im really not into DnB at all....but the crowds in the north of england that go to these nights make it a pleasure to goto the nights regardless of the music.

I went to metropolis the other week in manc and had a quality night regardless of the music. No attitude and a great atmosphere.

I do wish that techno was popular enough to fill the upstairs room in the carling though,bastard drum n bass heads!! Youve got it good!

oldbugger
04-11-2005, 01:01 PM
techno is popular enough to fill that room everytime if there wasn't so much shite on all over the place. far too much going on and the majority of it shit.

how many techno nights are there compared to drum and bass? i really wouldnt know.

can some of the DnB heads enlighten us on that? i'd really like to know.

Apex Beat
05-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Voodoo's been full of mad bastards ever since I started going, its always added to the carnage if you as me.

Say scott, was good seeing you the other night albeit shortly. I've been off the rounds for ages, but check my new track out
in the technofiles, would like to hear your opinion on it.

zigojacko
06-11-2005, 11:26 AM
anyone else got any other nye lineups?

A fair few NYE line-up and infor for events can be found @ http://www.clubnetsw.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

If that helps at all bud...

278d7e64a374de26f==