PDA

View Full Version : Mauro piccoto - new releases for primate/primevil.

Paul Nisbet
26-07-2003, 01:52 PM
Can everyone give there views on his tunes???? I got the alhemist ep and athos 1 on primevil, and i like a lot of the tunes on the ep, stand out tracks for me, are alchemist, codebreaker. New time New place is gash but.

What do u all think....

miles
26-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Can everyone give there views on his tunes???? I got the alhemist ep and athos 1 on primevil, and i like a lot of the tunes on the ep, stand out tracks for me, are alchemist, codebreaker. New time New place is gash but.

What do u all think....

Not a Lot :wink:

Paul Nisbet
26-07-2003, 05:35 PM
thats great.

Sunil
26-07-2003, 05:49 PM
thats great.

The Alchemist one is ok, no worse than a lot of the stuff coming out on Primate. The title track is quite good apart for the bit where he gives it a DJM 600 once over at the last break. The Primevil one is average. I don't personally think he is a great addition to Primate, and for all the hype attached to these releases he hasn't really brought anything new to the table (apart from his his name). He will sell bucketloads for them though.

davethedrummer
26-07-2003, 10:33 PM
yep. that's why they signed him
they're not stupid the guys at prime.
they know that to keep selling big numbers of tunes they need the hard dance people on board too.
maybe 3/4 years ago they'd have just not bothered but in the current climate........................
i must admit though i like the alchemist e.p.
haven't heard the primevil one
little bit cheesy but then again i am cheesy so who cares?

MARKEG
27-07-2003, 06:24 PM
i dont like that double pack at all really.

but the primevil 1 is really good i reckon.

Paul Nisbet
28-07-2003, 07:39 AM

Wat do u think of the B2 track??? cant remember that name, but its quite phat indeedy... the Main track is a belter too, funky but still quit tough, the bassline in it is superb.

Tiddlypeep
28-07-2003, 11:55 AM
the name of the track is Advance. It's a quality piece of dark techno. I love it!.

Bughead
28-07-2003, 04:36 PM
But how much of that passport album was really him, like isnt there loads of credits.

And who was it was judged in Mixmag recently as the new face of techno or some shit?

Fergie I think ( like he's been pushing the boundaries of techno now for years...)

Wat do u think of the B2 track??? cant remember that name, but its quite phat indeedy... the Main track is a belter too, funky but still quit tough, the bassline in it is superb.

Paul Nisbet
28-07-2003, 08:29 PM
But how much of that passport album was really him, like isnt there loads of credits.

And who was it was judged in Mixmag recently as the new face of techno or some shit?

Fergie I think ( like he's been pushing the boundaries of techno now for years...)

Wat are u on about mate??? Only credits are mauro and ricky effe!!

Just come out with wat ur tryin too say mate.

278d7e64a374de26f==