PDA

View Full Version : 1mm (dark/experimental)

j_s
03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20F42QIQ1VHRS35Q1D7RR8VZBG

did this with the singularity project in mind. i tried to get away from the 4/4locked grove feel & stil keep things dancable....

mix perhaps needs a little work. lemme know what ya think people.

BRADLEE
03-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Well I'm only in the phones like always because I'm at work, but man, that tune is ****ing spot on in my humble opinion. Really cool stuff homie. I love the dark elements and all of the nice little edits. Subtle yet very effective. :clap:

Mixdown wise, like I said I'm in the phones, but it sounds good to me.

Mindful
05-11-2005, 07:33 PM
You know I like this one mate.
Not realy in an ideal listening envioroment at the moment so will have a good few listens when I get home and had a few joints.

From what I can hear at the moment the vibe and percussion sound on piont.

dirty_bass
06-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Really really good tune this mate.
Production is pretty together, no complaints there.
It doesn`t have that extra dark or aggressive edge I`m looking for for singularity though.

BloodStar
07-11-2005, 03:40 PM
link down :cry:

j_s
07-11-2005, 04:13 PM
cheers for the feedback, appreciate it.
apologies for the yousendit bollocks, i'll re-up it tomorrow for anyone else who wants a listen.
shame it's not what you've got in mind for singularity, dirty. still wanna tryand get this out there though...
anyone know of any labels that might be interested in this sort of stuff?

k_n_ka
07-11-2005, 09:53 PM
The link has experided

Can u upload it again?

thankz

dirty_bass
08-11-2005, 01:30 PM
apologies for the yousendit bollocks, i'll re-up it tomorrow for anyone else who wants a listen.
shame it's not what you've got in mind for singularity, dirty. still wanna tryand get this out there though...

Difficult to call mate.
Down the line I would probably release this, but the initial journey of Singularity project, is subtitled Approaching Numb Series: so I`m looking for bleak and evil for the first few releases.
I couldn`t ask you to hold this tune for later releases, when the subtitle theme changes, as there is no telling how long that would be.
As for labels that would release this kind of stuff, in the vinyl area, I know of none really.
This type of sound is pretty fresh, and no one is really dealing with it, a shame, and something I want to do something about.
I`ll pass this track onto some contacts I have within the industrial scene.

j_s
08-11-2005, 02:01 PM

Difficult to call mate.
Down the line I would probably release this, but the initial journey of Singularity project, is subtitled Approaching Numb Series: so I`m looking for bleak and evil for the first few releases.
I couldn`t ask you to hold this tune for later releases, when the subtitle theme changes, as there is no telling how long that would be.
As for labels that would release this kind of stuff, in the vinyl area, I know of none really.
This type of sound is pretty fresh, and no one is really dealing with it, a shame, and something I want to do something about.
I`ll pass this track onto some contacts I have within the industrial scene.

i thought as much. would be real grateful if you did manage to get this heard by some industrial heads, as i'm relatively clueless regarding that scene. meanwhile i guess i'll just have to keep an ear out for anyone who's venturing into this sort of direction.

and here's the fresh link for anyone who missed the 1st...
http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=38EICS77PLWOL30R5GHBFOY7AN

xfive
09-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Yeah I did like this track. Production wise it was tight. But as Steve said, it was not quite dark enough.
Nicely executed though :clap:
I will keep my eyes open for any potential labels.

BloodStar
09-11-2005, 06:17 PM
very nice track, man. i like all as is done,. production also very good.. just one thing,, when i listen to it it sounds quite same in the beginniong and in the end... there are very nice sounds, in it,,no doubt,,,but rhythm,,and bottom sounds almost still the same,,as the tracks progress.,. but like it. :clap:

Mindful
09-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Had a good listen to this now mate, its very good.
I like the production and mix too(Id be happy with it if it was mine)
concerning what Bloodstar said about the rythms proggression(I know he wasnt being negative)I see what he means but to me thats not a problem I like how its like that myself.

as for labels I think with somthing like this Its hard to place it on a piticular label I would say send to Jaxx ect but realy you could do with another couple of tracks in the same vein to send with it(which you probably know allready)
I would possibly have it off you it if I had a label(plan too when im ready)

anyway good track :clap:

j_s
13-11-2005, 05:50 PM
thanks once more for the new responses.
i can see what you mean about the lack of progression in rhythm. in future tracks i will probably try to let stuff build more, as opposed to having all layers going all the time...

278d7e64a374de26f==