PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying acid techno record

Deviant Idol
03-11-2005, 09:39 PM
I was going through some of my old acid techno records and I started listening to Tarball & Lungbutters release on the FU2 label entitled Sir'Chin. Hands down, the most ANNOYING record which would have been a good track except they over used the vocal sample. I really like the acid line that kicks in almost half way through, but the f*cking sample really ruins this record. Looking Down at Snake Canyon on the other hand is a really amazing track which I'll be playing more and more cause it sounds really refreshing.

I just wish someone could remix Sir'Chin and limit the use on the vocal sample cause I think this record could have potential to rock some speaker systems.

Aratron
03-11-2005, 09:52 PM
gosh thats a tough one.
heads off between RTB'S What you waitin for ? ( sorry to dan and rowland !)
and Headrush Tactic's Acid Culture - Stopped me buying SUF records after hearing that pile of shite

dan the acid man
03-11-2005, 10:08 PM
I was going through some of my old acid techno records and I started listening to Tarball & Lungbutters release on the FU2 label entitled Sir'Chin. Hands down, the most ANNOYING record which would have been a good track except they over used the vocal sample. I really like the acid line that kicks in almost half way through, but the f*cking sample really ruins this record. Looking Down at Snake Canyon on the other hand is a really amazing track which I'll be playing more and more cause it sounds really refreshing.

I just wish someone could remix Sir'Chin and limit the use on the vocal sample cause I think this record could have potential to rock some speaker systems.

i love that realease both sides, also it was the very first acid techno record i bought.

and aratron, come on, what u waitin for is class, or does this say something about my tastes :lol:

fatcollective
03-11-2005, 10:15 PM
funky old cortina i think its a stay up forever track...bit cheesey and quite annoying aswel :crackup:

Aratron
03-11-2005, 10:31 PM
and aratron, come on, what u waitin for is class, or does this say something about my tastes :lol:

im not saying it isn't class, i just find it annoying, and im not sure exactly why.

Deviant Idol
03-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Dan, you honestly don't think they over used the vocal sample on Sir'Chin? I love everything else on that particular track, it has a heavy beat, nice rythmn and a killer acid line... Just that bloody annoying vocal sample gets on my nerves!

Deviant Idol
03-11-2005, 11:26 PM
funky old cortina i think its a stay up forever track...bit cheesey and quite annoying aswel :crackup:

I agree with you that Funky Old Cortina in annoying, but whenever I play it people go nucking futs! But of the two tracks on that particular Carbine release, House your Body is a disgrace to acid techno... I've never played it at a party, and only listened to it twice and still can't understand why they would put it on a Stay up Forever record.

Si the Sigh
04-11-2005, 08:39 AM
I agree on that FU2 release. That vocal sample sucks ass real bad.

rhythmtech
04-11-2005, 10:58 AM
mad cows rmx... sorry but uuuggghhhh....

Si the Sigh
04-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Which mix? I love all 3...

rhythmtech
04-11-2005, 12:07 PM
didn't like any of them at all. but i really hated the rozzers one... so long and pointless. i think its the vocal. sorry but i think its just wrong!!

christian wagner
04-11-2005, 03:12 PM
The most annoying one i have is the first ever acid tune i made :lol:

I used a vox from Snatch and at the time i thought it was quite funny, listening back it was pathetic!!!!! haha.

Funky old cortina is a bit odd yeah, iv played it once, but that was at a hardcore rave in the 3rd room and no-one gave a shit about what i was playin anyway!!

Trip Head
04-11-2005, 07:22 PM
I reckon Funky Old Cortina is a great track

Deviant Idol
04-11-2005, 07:27 PM

The flip side is horrible though :roll:

AcidTrash
04-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Hardcore will never die by warmdusher. Top tune, sh*t sample

Trip Head
04-11-2005, 10:14 PM

The flip side is horrible though :roll:

Agreed

Ginjin
05-11-2005, 03:37 AM
I have quite a few in my collection that just dont get spun much anymore so I have learnt to stop buying tracks with excessive or annoying samples but for today the winner IMO is ......

International Rescue
Pig Snorter (Immersion & DDR)
Routemaster 37

analog tactic
05-11-2005, 08:43 AM
funky old cortina is a peice of ****ing shit. proper gay n cheesey tune.

dan the acid man
05-11-2005, 12:53 PM
funky old cortina is a peice of **** shit. proper gay n cheesey tune.

calm it down, its only a record, why didnt you like it, whats so bad about it

Aratron
05-11-2005, 02:40 PM
i don't think Funky Old Cortina was eva meant to be taken seriously, just a bit of fun innit ;) gets people dancing , makes a change from dark industrial acid techno, which kind of alienates a lot of folk

dan the acid man
05-11-2005, 02:49 PM
i don't think Funky Old Cortina was eva meant to be taken seriously, just a bit of fun innit ;) gets people dancing , makes a change from dark industrial acid techno, which kind of alienates a lot of folk

exactly, acid techno has always had tongue in cheek party records, aswell as dark as a bottomless pit tunes, and lots of funky releases too, its what its all about.

something for everyone then

darkmockeray
05-11-2005, 03:30 PM

I agree with you that Funky Old Cortina in annoying, but whenever I play it people go nucking futs! But of the two tracks on that particular Carbine release, House your Body is a disgrace to acid techno... I've never played it at a party, and only listened to it twice and still can't understand why they would put it on a Stay up Forever record.

love that funky cortina track - really nice acid in it, but agree the flip is a pile......

but.........

GOOD TIMES

HAS TO BE THE MOST ANNYING ACID TRACK EVER!!!!!!!!!!

christian wagner
05-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Goodtimes wasnt much to shout about, though the newest remix's are very good, all 3 mixes are pretty nifty!

Deviant Idol
05-11-2005, 06:20 PM
I dunno, I kinda liked the original Good Times track, and lots of people on the dance floor agree :)

Deviant Idol
05-11-2005, 06:21 PM
I have quite a few in my collection that just dont get spun much anymore so I have learnt to stop buying tracks with excessive or annoying samples but for today the winner IMO is ......

International Rescue
Routemaster 37

But the acid line on that track is still a wicked one though

Trip Head
05-11-2005, 06:25 PM

International Rescue
Routemaster 37

But the acid line on that track is still a wicked one though

Yeh great tune, and the sample is quality I reckon.

Trip Head
05-11-2005, 06:30 PM

exactly, acid techno has always had tongue in cheek party records, aswell as dark as a bottomless pit tunes, and lots of funky releases too, its what its all about.

something for everyone then

I'd definetly agree with that. I love the nasty mechanical old factory sounding techno too, but there always has and always will be a place for quality party tunes. Cheese is good in small quantities and used in the right way!

Deviant Idol
05-11-2005, 07:26 PM
I think it's always good to have a little bit of a variety in the acid techno scene, and it's good to see the Stay up Forever Collective can really crank out a wide range of acid techno.. Some people don't care for some of the releases, but I think each of those "annoying" records can have a place in any set.

Except Sir'Chin, cause I can't fit that into any set no matter how hard I try.

the_psychologist
06-11-2005, 05:23 AM
gosh thats a tough one.
and Headrush Tactic's Acid Culture - Stopped me buying SUF records after hearing that pile of shite

eh? i think "acid culture" is great. the flip, however, isn't my cuppa.

i dislike that LL Cool J one, as well as (my memory is failing me) a tune Geezer did that has a rambling sample of a woman talking about her annoying man. the sample goes forever, sounds crap, and the underlying tune is also dull. one last choice is "Stop/Go", mostly beacuse the mastering and/or cut is pretty bad, and the acid line sounds weaker than an anemic kitten.

Aratron
06-11-2005, 05:28 AM
nice one
i think that acid cluture tune just the track without the samoke woukld great.
what annoys me about the track is rgar theres Cockney accent hoing , acid cykture , techno cyktyre, being from up north , cockney accents seem a bit unnecessay

dan the acid man
06-11-2005, 12:38 PM
nice one
what annoys me about the track is rgar theres Cockney accent hoing , acid cykture , techno cyktyre, being from up north , cockney accents seem a bit unnecessay

thats because theyre all from dawn saaaaaaaaarth in it, numpty :doh: :lol: :lol:

xes
07-11-2005, 09:32 AM
I was going to say men of the 303,but i just played it in my head,and it's a cool tune. Allthough the break is a bit droney.

speed-it-up
14-11-2005, 03:58 PM
The batman tune on COSHH "to the Batrave" ?? was an absolute travesty. Makes me cringe every time.

However, as someone said earlier, often people start to kick off when a novelty tune comes on. :roll:

anx
14-11-2005, 06:57 PM
batrave
bad day at black frog creek
almost any track on c.o.s.h.h except a few early ones (plodbusta comes to mind)
green for go on stay up forever

robin m
14-11-2005, 07:29 PM
I really like 'funky old cortina' myself - like any 'novelty' tune though it's great the first time you hear it but it does just get annoying if it gets rinsed. When I first heard it I was off my box at the Arches and Chris Lib played it in the middle of a blinding set which sold it pretty well.

Acid culture is up there for sure, definitely not SUF's finest hour...

Deviant Idol
15-11-2005, 05:21 PM
batrave
bad day at black frog creek
almost any track on c.o.s.h.h except a few early ones (plodbusta comes to mind)
green for go on stay up forever

I wasn't a big fan of the original Bad Day at Black Frog Creek, but the remix was definitely a little better... However I do love all the other records you listed, especially all the COSHH records and Green for Go, I love that funky acid line :)

the_psychologist
19-11-2005, 07:01 AM
i think you're confusing "acid culture" with the flipside. "rebel culture" has the vocals, while "acid culture" has a sample saying "definition" or something. "acid culture" rocks, and is one of my favorite newer London tracks. good production and nasty analogue acid noises.

Paul Zykotik
19-11-2005, 04:40 PM
nice one

I'm trying to imagine the same tune with a northern accent, and struggling not to laugh ;) A Maggie Thatcher style voice would've been good I reckon, kind of like a rehash of Maggie's Last Party.

Paul Zykotik
19-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Oh yeah, and I guess it's not out and out acid techno as such but the Mel & Kim sampling tune on RAW 9. I never understood why it was so popular. The flipside is a much better track.

djfilthmonger
19-11-2005, 05:55 PM
gosh thats a tough one.

I love these choons . I think its a matter of what like and what dont like .I would hardly called it a pile of shite . For me i go off suf sometimes and go for the newer =school acid techno..but then i might go off acid techno....and go to hard techno ... what ever mood im in

Aratron
20-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Well it's only a matter of opinion, it's not just the tunes but the memories and context of when i have listened to those tunes.

djfilthmonger
20-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Thats true ...i ave personally gone off suf for a while now but i will go back to them .. hydraulix and cluster .. and alexcalver catch my ears this month.. and away from acid .. hard techno viper xl carnage records

Deviant Idol
20-11-2005, 11:45 PM
I also really don't care for these releases either:

SMTLTD07 - The Geezer - Acid
When I first heard the title I thought this would be a really good release concidering the previous SMTLTD records sounded pretty good.
Then I put it on my turntables, put the needle down and had a a total disappointment. I hate that squiggly acid line he did here as well as
some other releases from labels I expected so much more from.

SUF53 - The Geezer - Sheet Acid 2 EP
Pretty much the same reaction above, I can't stand this record.

SUF81 - The Geezer - Sheet Acid EP 3
Saaaame thing as the above two, the only thing I liked about this release was the beat was a lot harder and didn't have that "soft" house beat to it.

SUFR21 - Rasmus - Unlucky Punk
This was the second remix for Unlucky Punk, and although I do like listening to it by itself. I just cannot have this properly fit it any sets and still make it flow seemlessly.

Aratron
21-11-2005, 05:46 PM
agreed sheet acid 2 and 3 i have bought them and im still owndering if i did the right thing to this today.
im in the process of getting some LSD as an experiment, maybe you have to be on the drug to appreciate the tracks or summat.

djfilthmonger
22-11-2005, 07:21 PM
U dont need drugs to apreciate music .. i use to take everthing but thats not how i got in techno..i m off everthing for the last couple months for my health . i autcally before techno sober .although lsd is sum laff

Aratron
22-11-2005, 07:49 PM
U dont need drugs to apreciate music ..

but it helps . .

Aratron
22-11-2005, 07:51 PM
i think you're confusing "acid culture" with the flipside. "rebel culture" has the vocals, while "acid culture" has a sample saying "definition" or something. "acid culture" rocks, and is one of my favorite newer London tracks. good production and nasty analogue acid noises.

shit dude your right.
acid culture is quite a hard tune.
rebel culture is the song i am referring to. reminds me of a 5 day ketamine cum-down.

imported_sicknote
24-11-2005, 11:41 AM
i reckon i made the most annoyin tune...should get it on record just to piss people off...had the sample in it from dumb n dumber where he says 'hey...you wanna hear the most annoyin sound in the world.....errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' then just looped it into some nasty business....

a truely annoyin mess up :lol:

Si the Sigh
24-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Sounds PHAT! :lol:

imported_sicknote
24-11-2005, 11:55 AM
fanks si :lol:

but even just halfway through making it i wanted to rip me ears out heh heh...

robin m
25-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Ha ha... that sounds f*cking excellent, c'mon - post it up here so we can have a listen! :lol: :lol:

imported_sicknote
25-11-2005, 03:13 PM
heh heh....might have to actually....just need to find it....watch this space....dont expect anything less than fekkin annoyin though....and shit of course...it was only a mess around a coupla years ago.... :dance:

MARK NEENAN
25-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Personally of the top of my head that smitten track 'we're the men of the 303' track. That sample done my swede in! If i can remember the track was actually v.good but awful sample!

Deviant Idol
25-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Personally of the top of my head that smitten track 'we're the men of the 303' track. That sample done my swede in! If i can remember the track was actually v.good but awful sample!

I enjoyed the kick drum and the subtle acid line they put in that track, but I also like the vocal samples too so I guess I really don't hate this record at all very much ;)

Aratron
28-11-2005, 09:52 AM
i htink men of the 303 is great, really genuinely funny, where on earth did they get that sample form?

278d7e64a374de26f==