PDA

View Full Version : Darkest Acid Techno Record

Aratron
03-11-2005, 10:37 PM
This is something i have wanted to post for a long time.
Im mostly into acid techno because i think the music is incredibly dark.
stuff with camp samples form boring films really kills me.

so anyway i have a fav tunes which i consider to be dark , but here's one which i have been obsessed with in the past: -

You make me Laugh - Rowland Being a Real Bastard

fatcollective
03-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Routemaster - Kektex..............2 lines of k and a bag of brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

davethedrummer
03-11-2005, 11:10 PM
squat rock , lawrie immersion

The Germ
03-11-2005, 11:11 PM
NO No NO

A1X - Creeper - Sidewalk Theory!

nothing beats that NOTHING!!!!!!!

Deviant Idol
03-11-2005, 11:30 PM
I think these records are some of the darkest records I've heard in awhile.

Fabulous 23's - Ghost Town
Fabulous 23's - What the f*ck is going on?
A&E Dept - Experiment 4
Almost ALL Sidewalk Theory releases

Centurian
04-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Cid records are 'kin well dark, harder than the conventional acid techno, but the Acid Bath label is certainly acid at it's darkest imo.

dan the acid man
04-11-2005, 01:16 AM
squat rock , lawrie immersion

yeah, that relentless synth is arker than dark, great tune.

i'd also put brown nunn in there too, dark acid lines, with poundong dark toms, and that scary noise, whatever it is .

Athar
04-11-2005, 01:54 AM
Fabulous 23's - Ghost Town
Dave The Drummer - Compactor
Chris Liberator - Black Star Rising
Kektex - Hackney Council Are A Bunch Of Cunts

The Germ
04-11-2005, 02:18 AM
ya skank stay in bed forever is 2nd all time for me besides sidewalk theory

Si the Sigh
04-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Nothings darker than that Drummer release on Smitten Limited (green vinyl)

rhythmtech
04-11-2005, 09:44 AM
WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!

has everyone forgotten about "acid pit" on boscaland????? EEEEEVVVVVVIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Si the Sigh
04-11-2005, 10:02 AM
What about that really really fu*ked up "Take up the Slack" on Boscaland by DAVE the Drummer. Proper creepy shit!

The Germ
04-11-2005, 10:08 AM
acid pit is wacky but it's no way darker than smitten nor xsxsx nor skank tunes nor sidewalk theory sorry..

rhythmtech
04-11-2005, 10:54 AM
ahhhh heres one - Kektex "the treatment"

now thats dark!

Aratron
04-11-2005, 11:19 AM
ant- possession thats quite creepy

anyway, what i'm trying to say ( and will prob get shot down for ) is that i don't think they are many dark tunes these days, so if anyone can point in the right direction to get osme new dark tunes, i'll happily shut my mouth and carry on in my ignorance

rhythmtech
04-11-2005, 11:24 AM
new stayupforever is quite dark (darker than the last few releases anyway), although i'm not 100% sure of the 303 sound on the a-side. sounds a little too hollow and over processed, no raw edge to it.

dan the acid man
04-11-2005, 12:11 PM
new stayupforever is quite dark (darker than the last few releases anyway), although i'm not 100% sure of the 303 sound on the a-side. sounds a little too hollow and over processed, no raw edge to it.

have you heard it in a club, or on vinyl, or are you basing that judgement on an mp3 clip

dan the acid man
04-11-2005, 12:12 PM
What about that really really fu*ked up "Take up the Slack" on Boscaland by DAVE the Drummer. Proper creepy shit!

first few times i heard that played, i thought it was saying take out the trash :oops:

rhythmtech
04-11-2005, 12:24 PM

have you heard it in a club, or on vinyl, or are you basing that judgement on an mp3 clip

no i'm going on the original. i just think it sounds a little odd. the b-side 303 is a nicer sound. dont get me wrong, i love it - best stayupforever in ages...

Trip Head
04-11-2005, 07:28 PM
[quote="Aratron"
i don't think they are many dark tunes these days, so if anyone can point in the right direction to get osme new dark tunes, i'll happily shut my mouth and carry on in my ignorance[/quote]

I'd probably agree with you there mate, there aren't nearly as many. However, that mobile dogwash one on dirtbomb was pretty grimey and some of the earlier ones on getafix were pretty dark. The one with the sample about 'the more powerful technology'.

Aratron
04-11-2005, 10:53 PM
I'd probably agree with you there mate, there aren't nearly as many. However, that mobile dogwash one on dirtbomb was pretty grimey and some of the earlier ones on getafix were pretty dark. The one with the sample about 'the more powerful technology'.

spot on there mate.

Mobile Dogwash are awesome, Chimp Fiddler is an killer tune.

And i am bang into Getafix Funking Junky is awesome, Technokardia is awesome, haven't heard that powerful technology tho :cry:
I just haven't heard owt with a really dark line running thro it for ages, i thowt Amphetamine / Cocaine has some dark riffsa in it

lunatrick
04-11-2005, 11:04 PM
squat rock gets my vote.......darkside, goes on for ages, starts halfway through (if you know what I mean)......just keeps building........first time I heard it in a club off my tits blew me away............awesome.

tOM B
04-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Arkatek on cluster -can't remember the name of the tune

A couple of the tunes on the jon peel album on sufr are quite dark as well, i agree that the older stuff is darker, squat roc & 3 lines of k and a bag of brown definately qualify

Centurian
05-11-2005, 01:16 AM

spot on there mate.

And i am bang into Getafix Funking Junky is awesome, Technokardia is awesome, haven't heard that powerful technology tho :cry:
I just haven't heard owt with a really dark line running thro it for ages, i thowt Amphetamine / Cocaine has some dark riffsa in it

Not really acid though is it?

Does Getafix use a 303?

I could roll off quite a lot of dark tunes, but wouldn't really class any of them as acid tbh.

Racetrax is quite dark, 'ravey, but dark with that acid tinge to it.'

Darkest acid label (i think) at the mo' is probably Smitten is Dead or Skankadelic.

**** The War was pretty f'kin hard/dark acid an' all!

Ginjin
05-11-2005, 03:32 AM
I am going to go with.... Sin Drome by Charlie dont surf on Havok 10 :rambo:

analog tactic
05-11-2005, 08:40 AM
yea i think im gonna vote sidewalk theory was well, echoes sounds well dark. Science of Acid on VCF is prity dark as well.

analog tactic
05-11-2005, 09:03 AM

you just reminded me why it was the original of destruction i wanted and not the remix.

Aratron
05-11-2005, 02:49 PM

spot on there mate.

Not really acid though is it?

Does Getafix use a 303?

I could roll off quite a lot of dark tunes, but wouldn't really class any of them as acid tbh.

Racetrax is quite dark, 'ravey, but dark with that acid tinge to it.'

Darkest acid label (i think) at the mo' is probably Smitten is Dead or Skankadelic.

**** The War was pretty f'kin hard/dark acid an' all!

well i think everyone's perceptions of what is a good tune or a dark tune are different, which is a relief tbh.
Where as you would consider Smitten is Dead and Skank to be dark acid label i would probably think they were not dark at all, but excellent acid techno all the same esp Skank, Smitten is Dead , IMO is a joke.
**** the War again IMO totally boring not dark at all just commercial and annoying.
I don't necessarily think you have to have a pronounced 303 sound , for a tune to be acidic.
what do i know tho?

Aratron
05-11-2005, 02:50 PM

you just reminded me why it was the original of destruction i wanted and not the remix.

yep , the remixes don't do anything for me im afraid the original was spot on in the first place.

the_psychologist
06-11-2005, 05:16 AM
"acid techno" by Immersion

"44 calibre" by Magnum Force

"frontier" by Digital Destroyer

"buzz saw" by Dogs On Rope

Aratron
06-11-2005, 05:32 AM
pounding grooves set is dark as ****

AcidTrash
07-11-2005, 02:42 AM
"it's f*cking dark" Fabulous 23's

ANDROID
07-11-2005, 08:21 AM
i think can't go darker then any of A&E Dept records...

acidsaturation
07-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Yeah A&E dept are quite dark. And what's the one with the sample that goes "if you don't wanna come with us, you don'thave to" - one of my fav's and forgotton the name. I reckon that's quite dark in a creepy kind of way.

Also, not acid techno, but I was listening to Empirion yesterday and that's quite dark in a different kind of way.

nihilist
07-11-2005, 12:26 PM
gg rides again by darc marc springs to mide

A&E Dept and D.O.M are allways dark and twisted to me

last stay up forever was last sheet acid 3?

rhythmtech
07-11-2005, 06:00 PM
gg rides again by darc marc springs to mide

A&E Dept and D.O.M are allways dark and twisted to me

last stay up forever was last sheet acid 3?

nope.. new dynamo city - bomb in yer ass

Centurian
08-11-2005, 10:40 PM
well i think everyone's perceptions of what is a good tune or a dark tune are different, which is a relief tbh.
Where as you would consider Smitten is Dead and Skank to be dark acid label i would probably think they were not dark at all, but excellent acid techno all the same esp Skank, Smitten is Dead , IMO is a joke.
**** the War again IMO totally boring not dark at all just commercial and annoying.
I don't necessarily think you have to have a pronounced 303 sound , for a tune to be acidic.
what do i know tho?

I see what you're saying, that was just an example of the more (not so) recent stuff really. You're right you don't really need an acid line for a tune to be acid techno, it was just a generalisation really and can be debatable as to what makes acid techno. You could argue that if you take the acid line away from an acid techno tune then you're left with a techno record.

Secret Hero - Control was quite dark acid.

Centurian
08-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Yeah A&E dept are quite dark. And what's the one with the sample that goes "if you don't wanna come with us, you don'thave to" -

Psycho Thrill

Aratron
11-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Secret Hero - Control was quite dark acid.

agreed mate ;) brilliant innit

rhythmtech
11-11-2005, 08:09 PM
kektex - mecanatron

very dark and the 303 is quite evil

Metadog
11-11-2005, 09:01 PM
sorry for being a twat but i can't resist ... most of my records are pretty darn dark, being made from black vinyl

:oops:

dan the acid man
11-11-2005, 09:19 PM
badoom tish :doh:

Aratron
12-11-2005, 10:51 AM
sorry for being a twat but i can't resist ... most of my records are pretty darn dark, being made from black vinyl

:oops:

twat :lol:

that mix you sent me is pretty bloody dark in places :cool:

acidsaturation
13-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Yeah A&E dept are quite dark. And what's the one with the sample that goes "if you don't wanna come with us, you don'thave to" -

Psycho Thrill

THat's the one!

Gonna listen to it now actually!

Aratron
13-11-2005, 09:10 PM
they don't make em like they used to . . . .
acid techno has become more of a comedy genre now , tis bizarre

Centurian
16-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Acid techno has always been a bit of a comedy genre, just look at the names of some of the records...

Your Mother Wouldn't Like It
Hackney Council Are A Bunch Of Cunts
Bad Day At Black Frog Creek
Loves gotta hold of my gonads
I do believe you've spilled my pint
etc etc

pants
17-11-2005, 03:30 PM
well i think this tune but it's old and very dark

havok 08........... charlie don't surf .........route 666/hold up

Kangxi
17-11-2005, 08:37 PM
how about "Dark Lite" on Havok? it does have dark in the name after all... just kidding, its a great track but not "the darkest" by a long shot.

In thinking about dark acid tracks like Immersion's "In the Freeze" on Routemaster or Site Breaker's "Hash Fudge Dave" on SUF come to mind. These two are plenty moody and both have monstaa acid riffs that will make you want to molest the speaker cabinets

speed-it-up
18-11-2005, 03:24 PM
The Sidewalk Theory releases have some dark moments, but I believe Andrew and Jodie were inspired by stuff from Europe in the early and mid 90's, raw 909 and 303 tracks (and maybe some Goa).

There are labels like Acid Assault that are WAY darker than the tunes mentioned above.

Also the early Routemaster "Its always better to put a bullet into the back of the head - straight through to the bridge of the nose...."

Aratron
20-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Spazpekker Route 51 - A side i thonk. now thats one dark journey

278d7e64a374de26f==