PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Utd vs Chelsea

Numeric
04-11-2005, 01:10 PM
I can't remember a Utd fixture over the past ten years that i have thought the team have no chance of getting a result from...

Even when the chips have been down, i've always had faith that the boyz could grind it out, knowing and trusting players such as Cantona, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, G Neville, Van Nistelrooy or Ole Solskjaer to name just a hand-full...

This fixture however is different, the back-bone and driving forces of the team are absent, Utd have a rag-tag bunch of youngsters and over-paid stars at their disposal. If the players had shown they can function as a unit then there would be hope, but on recent form it looks as though they can't...

Despite this, defeatism is negative, and Old Trafford has too many negative forces circling above it's hallowed stands right now. Utd fans need to be positive in this desperate hour, and get behind the team, and keep hope and faith alive...

C'mon Utd...

:rambo:

djfase
04-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Theyre saying on sky sports news that man u winning would be a shock.

Its quite scary as when has man u winning against anyone been a shock?

The shift in power over the last year is frightening

basslinejunkie
04-11-2005, 05:32 PM
i think this'l be a draw.

Traxx
04-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Im 2 thirds for united gettin twatted again but id like to see chelski slip up again.

Esox Lucius
05-11-2005, 08:16 AM
I would love to see united do them but I don't think it's going to happen.

jam
05-11-2005, 10:41 AM
I'm begining to hate Man utd,which is a shame coz i have always liked them.

Esox Lucius
05-11-2005, 11:20 AM
don't really hate or like them, they hate kopites so I don't mind them.

most of their fans are mugs though

Numeric
05-11-2005, 12:15 PM

why are you beginning to hate then man?

nick_anarchy
05-11-2005, 03:37 PM
tbh i can see chelsea giveing us a lesson in football could be a good thing tho if thay do we need a big big wake up call

Numeric
05-11-2005, 04:40 PM
I would have thought the team have had a big enough wake-up call already...

stop being so negative man...

nick_anarchy
05-11-2005, 04:48 PM
I would have thought the team have had a big enough wake-up call already...

stop being so negative man...

its impossible to dude .. look the state of us we are a joke

Numeric
05-11-2005, 04:54 PM
I know what you mean man, it's not lookin good...

Esox Lucius
05-11-2005, 04:59 PM
united have started the rot I reckon, downhill for a few years now.

Will
05-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I expect so, Fergie wanted them to hit the ground running, but now they've run out of steam. And I'd forgotten they sold Phil Neville for £3.5m (who'd walk into the team now) so the Glazers certainly didn't dig too deep this summer, you'd have thought they'd have got a younger keeper if they had the money... And they need to make United more profitable to repay the debts, can't see them doing that, the way they're performing at the moment, especially if they go out the CL before Christmas.

Numeric
05-11-2005, 05:39 PM
If Utd can steady their ship and get a few key players back from injury then we'll be well on the road to recovery, a couple of shrewd signings during the winter transfer window and next summer and we're back on track...

It's not as bad as you lot like to think, we've just having a seriously bad spell, Utd have had worse runs before now and got back to winning ways, OK the Premiership looks out of reach but we can still certainly finish second and challenge for all the Cups...

People like to make a big thing of Utd losing a few games because they're jealous of what the club have achieved...

Will
05-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Well, I guess we'll see how much money the Glazers are prepared to make available for transfers soon... should be interesting.

nick_anarchy
05-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Well, I guess we'll see how much money the Glazers are prepared to make available for transfers soon... should be interesting.

well it smore lets see how much thay are concerned with the club and how much thay care how the fans feel .. if thay dont do anythink i can see a real kick off after jan's window , thay have to dig deep and make at least 50 mill on offer

Will
05-11-2005, 08:52 PM
I suspect you'll be lucky to get half that to be honest.

nick_anarchy
05-11-2005, 11:52 PM
yeh man i think too .. i dont think thay will give anythink

jam
06-11-2005, 03:07 AM

why are you beginning to hate then man?

Because of all thier bitter fans on teesside who have probs never even been to a game.

Numeric
06-11-2005, 07:38 PM
:lol:

C'mon...

:clap:

1 - 0

Glory glory Man Utd, and the Reds go marchin on on on!!

phantomdj
06-11-2005, 07:52 PM

C'mon...

:clap:

1 - 0

Glory glory Man Utd, and the Reds go marchin on on on!!

i celebrate with you (for once)

dee
06-11-2005, 08:18 PM
wicked result , we fawt like bulldogs, up your ass chelsea , alan smith is a legend :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

djfase
06-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Utd did well. It was a great game.

Chelsea will still win league tho

basslinejunkie
06-11-2005, 08:50 PM
great game?!? it was s*ite!!!!

dee
06-11-2005, 09:55 PM
great game?!? it was s*ite!!!!

are you sure you wern't watching everton v midlesborough :lol: :lol:

the game was good, wasn't exellent but it was good :dontevengothere:

sputnik242
06-11-2005, 10:55 PM
alan smith is a legend

:shock: :lol:
Alan Smith is a cockendjudasscumtwat more like

;)

sputnik242
06-11-2005, 11:17 PM
**Forgot you can't edit on here**

Not hard to work out the team I support is it? :lol:

Chelski battered Man U in the 2nd half but they don't have a class striker in their ranks, no doubt moneybagsovich will solve the problem for them though
It was a good result for the Premiership I suppose but I'd still rather Chelski had won!

Will
06-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Hard to beleive that if they win their game in hand Wigan will be just 3 points behind Chelsea, when everyone goes on about them being unstoppable etc etc. Good win for Man U and the Premiership in general, now it's man U's turn to lose. :lol:

nick_anarchy
06-11-2005, 11:46 PM
1st half we were all over them , came out 2nd half still up for it but died off it was good to see players stand up and be counted but chelesa were off par

Will
07-11-2005, 12:09 AM
Yeah, don't think they'll be able to play like that all season, you have to keep the ball really well if you want to play that sort of pressing game or you won't be able to keep it up for 90 mins.

Anyway, shame the international break's coming up just as things are starting to get interesting! Hope no more key players get injured with their country, could help Chelsea bounce back from this dodgy run too and upset the rhythm of teams who were doing well. Suppose it'll be interesting to watch the England game though, even if it's just a friendly...

I'm sure United will sign someone in Jan, read they're after Ballack and 2 players I never heard of and Arsenal were after Torres, who links up well with Reyes for Spain I beleive, though I dunno if he'd play well with Henry... Probably bollocks though, heard we were gonna swap Cole for Baptista too!

jam
07-11-2005, 06:21 PM
fair play to em,well done.

Microdot
14-11-2005, 11:37 PM
1-0, pretty good result for Utd, considering halfthe second team were playing.
maybe Chelsea need to spend some more money in january, just to be sure. :roll:

dee
15-11-2005, 01:29 AM
1-0, pretty good result for Utd, considering halfthe second team were playing.
maybe Chelsea need to spend some more money in january, just to be sure. :roll:

innit , they will buy torres and ballack , just so us and arsenal cant , scout ur own players
mariniHO u cunt :lol: :evil:

Will
16-11-2005, 08:44 AM
I know what you mean! Seems they've enquired about Dirk Kuyt after Wenger went to watch him play.

Numeric
16-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Word on the street is that Utd are gonna break the bank for Ballack, reckon it could cost the Club thirty million...

Heavy, we got Fletcher we don't need Ballack...

nick_anarchy
16-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Word on the street is that Utd are gonna break the bank for Ballack, reckon it could cost the Club thirty million...

Heavy, we got Fletcher we don't need Ballack...

haha thay wont pay out that much

Will
16-11-2005, 10:56 AM
No way would he cost that much, he's got 6 months on his contract and he's almost 30. I read an amusing comment on an Arsenal website saying every man and his dog is going to sign for us in January though! Torres, Ballack and god knows who else. I hope Ballack doesn't sign for Man U though, even if he's no spring chicken.

nick_anarchy
16-11-2005, 12:06 PM
No way would he cost that much, he's got 6 months on his contract and he's almost 30. I read an amusing comment on an Arsenal website saying every man and his dog is going to sign for us in January though! Torres, Ballack and god knows who else. I hope Ballack doesn't sign for Man U though, even if he's no spring chicken.

he will sign for utd .. a pre contract is being set up for the jan window and he will be at OT next season ...

also another midfielder will be their and a new left back with also be sign'd in jans window just under 40 mill has been put on the table to spend in jan , i just hope he gets rid of a few peaces of dead wood from the team ....

Traxx
16-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Bet you dont spend anywhere near 40 mill.

Traxx
16-11-2005, 12:19 PM
+ bollock is a od fukin man.

Traxx
16-11-2005, 12:19 PM
old even (nearly)

nick_anarchy
16-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Bet you dont spend anywhere near 40 mill.

i think that too ... the players thay have been buying over the past 3 seasons have been dodgy th eodd good one thats all ... i think we needs new scouts , tho it will be ncie if he brings in 3 players who have the attitude of the likes of heinze / keane ( impossible but u can dream ) even g neville .... tho seeing utd find anyone like this is prob impossible ..

whats that argie who broke beckhams foot ?? he is ment to be a target for utd in the holding roll tbh i dont rate him that much but i know he aint scared to give a few ppl a good kickin and aint a fany which is what sort of player we need ...

your views

Will
16-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Duscher wasn't it?

So, you were saying Ballack isn't old or is old then Traxx?? :lol: He's only a couple of years younger than Scholes, who he's similar to, so wouldn't be much of a long term replacement for Scholes at any rate. He'll be 30 by next summer and then it'll be all down hill from there.

Will
16-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Though Bayern reckon he'll stay anyway... I dunno where you get your info from Nick! But I aint convinced...

dee
16-11-2005, 12:51 PM
we wont pay fuk all for him , he wants a contract worth £25m
about £5 a year , and we do need ballack , for when keane goes

nick_anarchy
16-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Though Bayern reckon he'll stay anyway... I dunno where you get your info from Nick! But I aint convinced...

imnot sayin where i get my info from but i know he wont stay at bayern hes stated he wants out of germany ..... so what if he is 29 ... does it matter u can get a good 3/4 seasons out of him he is still a top clas player and with him in their for a few seasons it gives utd time to search for a new person to step in after hes gone ... so its far from down hill ...

keane is what 34 and he aint all down hill ... less pushin forward but still a ****in top player he will still give any midfielder a run for his money

Traxx
16-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Duscher wasn't it?

So, you were saying Ballack isn't old or is old then Traxx?? :lol: He's only a couple of years younger than Scholes, who he's similar to, so wouldn't be much of a long term replacement for Scholes at any rate. He'll be 30 by next summer and then it'll be all down hill from there.

Aye, old :lol:

Will
16-11-2005, 01:11 PM
we wont pay fuk all for him , he wants a contract worth £25m
about £5 a year , and we do need ballack , for when keane goes

He's no Keane though, he's much more like Scholes. Anyway Nick, Keane doesn't get forward like he used to, but Ballack's game is all about getting forward, look at Scholes, he seems to have gone downhill somewhat. And Keane's still a useful player, but he's half the player he used to be.

nick_anarchy
16-11-2005, 01:15 PM
your right there

Numeric
16-11-2005, 01:15 PM
I think the idea of signing Ballack is more to steady the ship, get world class player in that mid-field so we can chellenge for honours again whilst searchin for a long-term solution...

It's a lot of money to be spending on a stop-gap though...

Will
16-11-2005, 01:19 PM
I suppose if it was a £5m signing on fee and £25m in wages over 5 years £30m would sound about right for that, but not a transfer fee, that's for sure. With Arsenal's pollicy on 30 year olds we probably stand no chance unfortunately, though if he was on 100k a week I wouldn't want him to be offered a 5 year contract at his age though.

Numeric
16-11-2005, 01:41 PM
I suppose if it was a £5m signing on fee and £25m in wages over 5 years £30m would sound about right for that...

Yeah man that's what the article i read meant...

dee
16-11-2005, 01:47 PM
they reckon didier zikora is the new essien , so that will be interseting
arsenal, utd + chelsea are after him , so were probaly get out bid £3000m by chelsea
and he will rot on the bench :lol: :lol:

dee
16-11-2005, 01:48 PM
I think the idea of signing Ballack is more to steady the ship, get world class player in that mid-field so we can chellenge for honours again whilst searchin for a long-term solution...

It's a lot of money to be spending on a stop-gap though...

yeah , thats what i ment , replacing keane for another world class midfeilder

Will
16-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Still works out as a big investment for someone his age I suppose, maybe he'll do a Winston Boagrde did at Chelsea and be content to rot in the reserves and pick up a fat paycheck, that guy was a legend! :lol:

dee
16-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Still works out as a big investment for someone his age I suppose, maybe he'll do a Winston Boagrde did at Chelsea and be content to rot in the reserves and pick up a fat paycheck, that guy was a legend! :lol:

init, did he ever play for the first team :lol: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==