PDA

View Full Version : thanks Neil L! Emphasize the BEAT

Decimal
05-11-2005, 03:15 AM
I recently discovered Neil Landstrumm and how similar our musical sensibilities are. I think we may share brainwave patterns.

Either way, he's helping me experiment more confidently. New motifs, concepts, mechanics.

I would appreciate opinion on whether this 'direction' is worth exploring further.
Emphasize the Beat (http://www.dancetech.com/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF151B4516719.mp3)

thanks!

BloodStar
07-11-2005, 04:13 PM
not my cup of tea. as i listen to it,i§m almost in half of tune,, i§m missing something more happening in the lows,. maybe you could also beef up the kick little more and add some more groove in the track. but have to say that i quite like the bells like synth motive. production part of thing sounds quite dry, at the moments,. it hink you could go more wild with effects..

robin m
07-11-2005, 10:23 PM
I like this, definitely a big fan of this kind of stuff and this is a good tune but I agree with Bloodstar that the lows are a bit muted and repetetive and it could do with going a bit wilder on the effects, like maybe mangle the main synth a bit somehow and build that up leading up to the break on 4-odd minutes.

Definitely works though, like it ;)

Decimal
09-11-2005, 01:01 AM
cool. i'll work it over some more. thanks.

any thing else?

278d7e64a374de26f==