PDA

View Full Version : finding techno?

G-BO
10-11-2005, 12:17 AM
would u agree with what im about to say

finding techno that u really want to fit into your sets gets way more difficult as the years roll on?

...not really losing faith at all with great music being produced, just losing faith in current producers who get lots of tunes released.. but not really cutting the mustard and not rolling with the times...alright, liking the deepness and darkness and loving the percussion and the rolling loops....

not alot of risks being taken in comparison to what can actually be done with techno music

but its easy for me to say cause i cudnt produce a beat ;)

g
10-11-2005, 04:29 AM
frankly i think it's the same as ever. of everything that gets released in a week or a month, there's very little that really gets me hard.

there is something to be said for fun trash however.

eyeswithoutaface
10-11-2005, 09:44 AM
its a personal taste thing for sure, because unlike some im finding more quality records that ive enjoyed this year than last easily

robin m
10-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Personally I can always find more records I want to buy than I can cash to buy them with.

There's plenty of shit being released for sure but likewise there's plenty that works for me, and some that I think is genuinely innovative.

Like eyes said, it's all a taste thing at the end of the day ;)

dan the acid man
10-11-2005, 11:31 AM
its a personal taste thing for sure, because unlike some im finding more quality records that ive enjoyed this year than last easily

me too, i've bought alot more records this year than i did last, great stuff allround

mattboyslim
10-11-2005, 12:46 PM
i've opened up the boundaries a bit more, and have delved into the tech house sections and electro and breaks. i'm finding some of my best techno in these sections. it helps having a local record shop owner that i can trust

romelpotter
12-11-2005, 10:34 AM
i don't think i have even steped into a techno shop this year, a combination of hospitalisation and underlying teediousness of the stuff that was being released over the last couple of years. I am looking forward to catchin up with john @ eastern bloc..its been to long.
a break was just the ticket for me i guess

webassassin
12-11-2005, 04:31 PM
a break was just the ticket for me i guess

i agree. its been a good 6-7 years for me.

acidsaturation
13-11-2005, 02:58 PM
I am soo loking forward to my pay rise meaning I can buy vinyl again!!! There's loads of good stuuf out there!

Yeah sometimes think there's too much - but I reckon it's rare I hear the same tune twice at a club and that's Coooool!

doc12inch
15-11-2005, 01:31 PM
ive been getting into dirty house and electro more and i still want to keep techno influences in my set, its harder to get a flowing set but its more interesting trying to get the perfect set.

plus ive been getting bored of sum of the nonsence techno that being released - there needs to be more funky chunky tecno released and a bit more minimal - non of the bang bang rubbish - theres no feeling in bang bang

JamieBall
15-11-2005, 01:42 PM
theres no feeling in bang bang

That's not what my girlfriend reckons.... :twisted:

JamieBall
15-11-2005, 01:43 PM

Sorry, the chance was too good a one to miss, had to 'slip that one in'....

doc12inch
15-11-2005, 01:44 PM

Sorry, the chance was too good a one to miss, had to 'slip that one in'....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jock
15-11-2005, 03:13 PM
I only wish I had more money to buy records with these days, whether they be old or new ones.

Another thing that annoys me is not having a decent record shop to go into regularly. Living in Southport means that its closest to Liverpool (with no techno available at all from what i can gather) or Manchester (which has loads but I hate cus my car got broken into and my stereo nicked last time I was there)

As much as I like the speed that you can shop on-line for records these days, its annoys me not being able to "feel" the vinyl and listen to the whole record. I think there is plenty coming out these days that is good (take the new subject detroit eps!!!) and as always I am finding older songs which I would love to own as well!!

278d7e64a374de26f==