PDA

View Full Version : Underground city last nigh......

christian wagner
12-11-2005, 01:00 PM
PHAT!

Wicked venue, wicked music all night, wicked people!

Chris lib and DAVE smashed it, was bloody awsome!

Trip Head
12-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Yeh was a quality night!

Chris and Dave's set was stonking. Haven't heard that much acid get played for years!
Thought Amadeus was well good too, more his tunes than his mixing though.

Venue is a bit mad, couldn't decide if I liked it or not. Much smaller than I imagined it. It was certainly great tunes all night, but I thought the crowd never got into it enough, and the atmosphere wasn't all that amazing.

Feel ****ed up today, ended up going to Wallsall to play about with some blokes techno records all morning.

Cool to meet Si there.

I've got some good photos of the night, so I'll upoload them later on.

jimmy west
12-11-2005, 05:05 PM
quality night chris and dave on 4 decks was the biz love the custard factory as a venue didnt hear jeffbut im sure he was rockin

Trip Head
12-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Here's a link to my photos of the night:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b101/samcarpenter123/Underground%20City/

Ginjin
13-11-2005, 12:27 AM
Cool photo's, looks like it was a good night.

andyisavinit
13-11-2005, 10:29 PM
hhhmmmmmm not impressed myself, agree with trip head about the atmos, fluffy ear muff wearing crowd! and not enough dirty techno for me. i suppose chris and dave did a good job playing to the crowd, but not for me sorry. Not the chris and dave that I know and love. Not keen on the venue either, quite small and too much water, just gets in the way. Left at 4.30 in the end, hope mr burns was good. Apologies for being negative but nah, and we never did meet christian, maybe some other time

mr burns
14-11-2005, 12:38 AM
i had a great night, and love the venue, apologies to all who did'nt, m,aybe u will enjoy it more when the cinema is open!

Si the Sigh
14-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Had a PHAT night myself. Mad as fu*k venue, quality sets, slightly lame crowd atmosphere wise but me, the missus and our mates were 'avin it! WTF is the venue? It's like raving in a shopping center?! Crazy shit. Like some sort of urban squat. Loved it! :dance: Great to meet a few of you BOA peeps too!

nihilist
14-11-2005, 05:30 PM
lame atmostphere, never heard anything like it!

personally i thought it was superb allround but i did fall of the wagon bigtime!!

dont apologise gav you cant please everyone all the time.

alltough i thought the system was overdriven a couple of times

mr burns
14-11-2005, 05:44 PM
agreed mate, the sound system did sound poor, but personally i thought there was areally friendly atmosphere in there, i took a coach full of 50 people from banbury, and every single one of them loved it,

mr burns
14-11-2005, 05:46 PM
hhhmmmmmm not impressed myself, agree with trip head about the atmos, fluffy ear muff wearing crowd! and not enough dirty techno for me. i suppose chris and dave did a good job playing to the crowd, but not for me sorry. Not the chris and dave that I know and love. Not keen on the venue either, quite small and too much water, just gets in the way. Left at 4.30 in the end, hope mr burns was good. Apologies for being negative but nah, and we never did meet christian, maybe some other time

u should try it in the summer then when u r allowd the system outside till 10am, and the sun is beaming down, and u can sit round the pool listening to tunes and chilling out,

nihilist
14-11-2005, 07:53 PM
what do you mean by to much water andy?

andyisavinit
15-11-2005, 07:37 PM
yeh i bet the water is quite good in the summer, i just thought the venue would be better without it there at all...I probably wouldn't be so anti if I hadn't driven so far to go there..anyway glad everyone else had agood time

mr burns
15-11-2005, 08:08 PM
its quite cool aswell because you can have the option to drain the pool and have a marquee put up in its place, the downside is it costs £3000 but who knows maybe in the future! where did you drive from andy??

andyisavinit
15-11-2005, 09:36 PM
£3000 - yeh a lot. Need to get a proper gathering for that one. Drove up from reading, it's quite a trek. haven't been out for a few months now and you chris and dave lured me up to brum. don't know if you know reading but kss do a night at the purple turtle which seems to be getting better snd attracting more people every week, venue's a bit small though (it's a pub really) . Readings a bit shit, so we go to acid city every now and then to a squat party (well not for a while though) might go to lakota for the gener8r night, a few banging sound systems there

nihilist
16-11-2005, 05:15 PM
3 grand is it now a year ago it was 2, even atomic jam dont bother to empty it now, went to a night there once and the floor of the pool was still saturated and when you danced it sqeched and got very messy!!

jimmy west
16-11-2005, 08:16 PM
any chance the sets will be posted up on the filez section

278d7e64a374de26f==