PDA

View Full Version : England 3-2 Argentina

french_og
12-11-2005, 06:54 PM
COM ON!!!! Woooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

What a game great result for England.

What a big match player Owen is, hardly touched the ball all game and scores 2 and has another disallowed.

Joe Cole proved he should be the man on the left!!

I'm on a high now, gonna go out tonight and wind up some Argies and get proper hammered!!!!!!!

dan the acid man
12-11-2005, 07:38 PM
fantastic match, both teams played some great stuff, great result for us, the only downside is having to listen to all the reporters saying how we're going to win the world cup etc.

yes we have a good team, but we have alot to prove still

Traxx
12-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Woke uo just before owens double at the end. Have it, fukin hate the argies...cunts.

djfase
12-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Cracking game from start to finish.

Owen is a born goalscorer and everyone knows it

french_og
12-11-2005, 10:37 PM
I thought it was a great performance against their best side and to be fair if Ashley Cole was fit they would probably not got the crosses in for both goals.

They did play well and that Riquelme- their best player by far, everything went though him. What a player.

Thought the ref did well also.

Esox Lucius
13-11-2005, 06:11 AM
I fell asleep at 3pm yesterday, just woke up now so missed it :doh: sounds like thay had a good game, well done.

Miksta
13-11-2005, 06:16 AM
I get the same feeling watching england as i do Liverpool...they produse fantastic games against big opasition but are below par against weaker teams....grr hehe

but yeah what a great match,non stop greatness all match

Will
13-11-2005, 06:29 AM
Yeah, top stuff, with Owen in your team you always stand a chance, reminded me of that cup final except he was playing for England instead of against Arsenal! I was a bit surprised by how wild some of Rooney's efforts were, his decision making is usually better than that, or at least if he decides to do something you expect him to have a decent go at it.

It's funny that Mourinho tried to make out Lampard was the best player in the world when even for England everyone goes on about Rooney, if we have him and Owen fit we should do well. I'm glad Campbell didn't play, but when it comes to the knock out stages of the world cup I think he's one of the players you want in your team, one of our big game performers like Owen.

phantomdj
13-11-2005, 08:38 AM
I get the same feeling watching england as i do Liverpool...they produse fantastic games against big opasition but are below par against weaker teams....grr hehe

but yeah what a great match,non stop greatness all match

tell me about it, .. its what i thought too

Hakka
13-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Great game to watch, one of the best I've seen in a long time.

England played some great football, and of course so did Argentina. It was good to see that we can come back from 2 - 1 down to win 3 - 2 against the 2nd best rated team in the world.

I think this will help our confidence and self belief. I'm not going to start saying that we will win the world cup in Germany 2006, but as Owen said, we have a chance.

One thing that I'm pleased about is the number of good players we will still have for the future. Scott Parker, Michael Carrick, Jermaine Jenas, Jermaine Defoe, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Paul Konchesky etc... - If we do have injury problems next year then we have some very talented people who could help out.

jam
13-11-2005, 12:38 PM
In my opinion Ferdinand was at fault for both goals conceded.

God i hate Owen but for all the shit games he has its ones like this that make up for it so fair play to him,i just pray he does it in the world cup coz if he does we are in with a chance.

Hakka
13-11-2005, 02:07 PM
In my opinion Ferdinand was at fault for both goals conceded.

God i hate Owen but for all the shit games he has its ones like this that make up for it so fair play to him,i just pray he does it in the world cup coz if he does we are in with a chance.

Owen is as dangerous as ever, his game has slightly changed though. Perhaps he isn't as dynaimc with his runs as he used to be, but he knows how to get the ball in the net and seems to be in the right place at the right time. Last night he was hardly seen on the pitch, however when we started putting balls in the box he was on to them, 3 times he scored, all be it one was off-side.

Ferdinand defo should have cut out the pass for the first goal. Why wasn't he marking Argie's biggest player Walter Samuel for the second? - Did anyone notice that the first goals attack was down to Rooney and Beckham pissing around? think Beckham was on the ball cutting across field from just outside the box and he ran in to Rooney's path. Rooney took the ball of him without Beckham realising that was going to happen and suddenly Rooney's pushed the ball out towards the line and two Argie's surrond him. We lose possesion, they break, they score. We wouldn't have to defend if little mix-up's like that didn't happen.

Also, Joe Cole really has to start doesn't he. He was class again last night, really felt like he was what spurned us on to victory with his runs and passing.

I swear that Crouch is useful... useful as a decoy! - I can't see him banging a hat-trick against Brazil in the final, but he does unsettle the defence as they could be beaten in the air or on the ground, given the pass and quality of our front men and midfield.

Some players really shone last night. Lampard was quite unlucky, he had a couple of long range efforts that went close and on another night (any Chelsea game too!) he would of banged them in.

french_og
13-11-2005, 03:10 PM
I can't see how you can blame Ferdinand for the 1st goal, Bridge was a yard off the pase and allowed the cross to come in and where Ferdinand was tracking back to cut out the cross the ball came accross slightly behind him and he was off balance.

I think Owen is pretty consistent for England, that was his 35th goal for England last night so the lad hasn't done that bad. To be fair he is looking as clinical as he has ever been at the moment.

Jo Cole has top be in the side, if we want to beat the best he has to play, he is one of only a couple of player we have who runs at player with skill. Ledley King is a good player and has also done well but if we want to win the world cup then i'm not sure he should start in the 4-4-2 formation. I think Gerrard has looked more disiplined lately for England also. It is good that we have options and can play different player.

I can't wait for the World Cup!!!!!

macca
13-11-2005, 04:42 PM
brilliant game :clap: 1 moan tho as a few people av mentioned, "ferdinand" he needs 2 be dropped imo dosent look the same player as he was a year ago badly needs a kick up the arse ;)

Traxx
13-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Woo fukin Hoo i guess that means were gonna win the world cup now dont it? makes me laugh how 3/4 games ago we were the worst thing since sliced bread & everyone wanted the managers head on a plate, now you cant turn a sports page over without "were gonna win it" - "it's between us & brazil" etc etc yadda yadda blah blah

Traxx
13-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Be a good boost confidance wise friendly or not but still. Im not gettin me hopes up.

french_og
13-11-2005, 05:41 PM
I just think that performance has given everyone belief that we can go close at the next world cup. Think Brazil are the best still and are obvious favourites but you never know on the day as Greece provd last year.

basslinejunkie
13-11-2005, 09:22 PM
italy are lookin very strong also

Will
13-11-2005, 10:23 PM
It seemed to me that Sven listened to the criticism and took it on board, perhaps for the first time and we saw the benefit of that, though I could be wrong. I suppose the players don't need motivating for a game like that and it served as a reminder that some of our big names who haven't done much for a while should come to the fore when it counts... though not all of them I suspect.

England usually struggle to qualify, but do better at the finals though, since their game's about passion and commitment and they'll be fully focused on playing for their country since their season will have finished with their clubs.

nick_anarchy
14-11-2005, 03:58 PM
dont get to excited over this win ... it will only be a matter of time before we **** up again

phantomdj
14-11-2005, 06:04 PM
dont get to excited over this win ... it will only be a matter of time before we **** up again

what made you the pessimist? the problems at man utd? ;)

nick_anarchy
14-11-2005, 10:06 PM

yeh less problems than liverpool dude ;) ...hehe u cant even beat chelsea :lol:

lukekendall
15-11-2005, 11:42 AM
cracking game

i thought it was the first time sven has got it tacticaly right bringing on joe cole and then crouch at the end, well done to him :clap:

rooney was amazing, best player in the team and as everyone said owen played well and always seems to get goals, he seems to have a knack at getting in the right place, i still think he need to improve tho, anyone could of scored the first and the second was good yes but he did nothing for the rest of the game........
he is a great threat i hope playing for newcastle improves his game and he is in top form for 2006

also robinson needs a shout, a v.good desplay we could of lost 5,3 if james was in goal :lol:

nick_anarchy
15-11-2005, 01:37 PM
robinson has to be the full time no1 ..james is just a joke ,i hope he dont get another chance

french_og
15-11-2005, 01:52 PM
I would rather have Owen being quiet all game, playing off the shoulder of the last defender and being patient and waiting for his chances than getting bored, coming deep and looking for the ball. We have Rooney for that coming deep and getting hold of the ball.

Owen chances may look easy but I have seen them missed and to put three headed chances in the net during a game is pretty good. I know Owen was quiet for the rest of the game but what more can you expect of him? It is not like he gave the ball away he just never got given it as much which can happen.

I think the Owen we see now is a much better alround player than before he was at Madrid.

nick_anarchy
15-11-2005, 02:47 PM
hay so what if thay r easy aslong ashe puts them away i dont give a toss

lukekendall
15-11-2005, 03:53 PM
i think more praise has to go to gerrard and joe cole for them goals they were quality crosses :clap:

Hakka
15-11-2005, 04:15 PM
I would rather have Owen being quiet all game, playing off the shoulder of the last defender and being patient and waiting for his chances than getting bored, coming deep and looking for the ball. We have Rooney for that coming deep and getting hold of the ball.

Owen chances may look easy but I have seen them missed and to put three headed chances in the net during a game is pretty good. I know Owen was quiet for the rest of the game but what more can you expect of him? It is not like he gave the ball away he just never got given it as much which can happen.

I think the Owen we see now is a much better alround player than before he was at Madrid.

I agree, Owen is a top player.

Traxx
15-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Shame he's wasted at your gaff hakka ;)

Hakka
15-11-2005, 04:20 PM

We will shall see.

Hakka
15-11-2005, 04:20 PM

We will shall see.

And a "doh" for not proof reading.

Traxx
15-11-2005, 04:26 PM
:lol:

lukekendall
15-11-2005, 04:47 PM

I agree, Owen is a top player.

owen is a top top player i agree tho he is very disapointing in some games like he does not excist

jam
15-11-2005, 06:29 PM
I can't see how you can blame Ferdinand for the 1st goal, Bridge was a yard off the pase and allowed the cross to come in and where Ferdinand was tracking back to cut out the cross the ball came accross slightly behind him and he was off balance.

!!!

I agree that Bridge let his man beat him to easily and Rio was off balance but he still should have dealt with it and he was deffinatly at fault for the second,he lost his man and went ball watching.

phantomdj
15-11-2005, 08:31 PM

you cant even beat blackburn AT HOME ;)

nick_anarchy
15-11-2005, 10:06 PM

you cant even beat blackburn AT HOME ;)

hahah gutted

Will
16-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Of course Ayala and Riquelme had been taken off by the time we turned the game around, the defending for Owen's goals wasn't too clever and we didn't have to worry about about the threat of Riquelme... But Owen's still class at what he does though and Riquelme at least was tired, so maybe if it had been a competitive game he'd still have been taken off.

Still a good win though!

278d7e64a374de26f==