PDA

View Full Version : Rino Cerrone - Black Rain (Mr. Floppy Remix)

technoprocessor
13-11-2005, 04:54 AM
A song i've made having in mind rino cerrone's blackrain tune released on rilis rec (unrilis 01) - i've tryed to cath the feeling of the track and blend it in my sonority and way of feeling. The whole track was made by me in reason 3, no sampling made from the original. Tell me what you think about it, i'm planning to send it to the man himself! ;)

technoprocessor
13-11-2005, 04:55 AM
Forgot the link, it's on acidplanet -> http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=673522&T=6486

rhythmtech
13-11-2005, 11:02 AM
this sounds quite nice. i like the ideas behind it and i love the bassline. it just needs a bit of compression on the overall to reign it in i think (its not quite gelling in the final mix). all in all a very good effort and with a little more work could be very very good!

fresh_an_funky_design
13-11-2005, 11:27 AM
with a bit of work this could be a really good tune, the reverb desperately needs eq'in and bringing down in the mix, i think that if you did that it would be a lot tighter. the bass sounds nice but could be a lot warmer, as it sounds very 'computery'. overall though good stuff and i did quite enjoy this tune when the bass line kicked in

technoprocessor
13-11-2005, 06:16 PM
thanks fot the technical feedback people, that was just what i was needing, you are right, the bass isn't still the way i want it to be, and the reverb still needs some work. Thanks a lot guyz!!

eyeswithoutaface
18-11-2005, 10:33 AM
firstly, you should change the title of the track. You've not sampled Rino, nor is it a remix of his track, nor have you asked permission to use his name. sounds petty but an important thing for someone of Rino's stature. Its a track influenced by him cool, but to actually use his name and claim its a remix in the credits, thats really not on and can cause problems.

As for the track, i thought it needed alot of work, i can see what you've gone for but it sounds extremely out of time in places and very dry, quite liked the congo used that was quite a crisp sound but the overall track lacked any direction and continuity, just sounded like numerous off kilter sounds tracked down together unfortunately

eyeswithoutaface
18-11-2005, 10:37 AM
ignore the out of time thing, the media player the site hosting uses wasnt working it seems. i think it played a whole new track actually haha, really enjoying this bassline but the reverb is swapping everything and the levels could do with fixing more, that trance style synth didnt do it for me either

vadarfone
18-11-2005, 04:04 PM
basically your mix and processing (and reason samples) are shit

you are good musically (although your filter sweeps are shit)

learn the technical side and you will rule.

eyeswithoutaface
18-11-2005, 07:20 PM
wow, your only 5 posts in and you've managed to be more offensive than people who've spent over 3 years on this board, myself included. its certainly not "shit", not at all. Just an early stage of production, and dubious title

278d7e64a374de26f==