PDA

View Full Version : tape / cd to pc / mp3???

Nippa
13-11-2005, 03:40 PM
hows it done? the more detail / information the better

ceylon82
14-11-2005, 06:19 AM
The method usually depends on the gear being used. So if you could list what equipment and programs you will be using the I can add to the info below. The more detail/info the better ;)

So if you have decent cassete cd playback deck and a good multi I/O sound card you should be able to use a pair of balanced XLR cables to join the two.

If you equipment is a bit lacking in I/O then things start to get more difficult.
If you are using a standard stereo tape/cd player then it will most likely have RCA outputs.
If you are using an internal soundcard (which will sound like crap if used to record!!!) then it will have a 3.5mm jack
So you will need a dual RCA male to stereo 3.5mm male jack cable.

The next step, recording the signal onto the computer and encoding it to MP3. This step is usually different with most audio apps. If you refer to the manual of your chosen app it should tell most of what you need to now about recording audio from an external device.

Hope it helps ;)

Nippa
14-11-2005, 08:52 PM
cheers for the info.

I am going to use my stereo, so I'll need an RCA male..., then what next

ceylon82
16-11-2005, 11:56 PM
Are you recording onto your computer? If so what soundcard (model name would be appreciated) and what program will you be using to capture and encode the audio?

278d7e64a374de26f==