PDA

View Full Version : help!! my 828s not working!

Jimfish
29-07-2003, 06:39 PM
just reinstalled windows xp pro (same as i had b4) on me music pc and now its not picking up my 828 when i plug it in... :cry:
i have a firewire pci card with 2 usbs on it aswell and they seem to work fine... im shafted cos i reallly wanted to tweak up a track thats being cut TOMORROW!!! HEEEELLLLPPP!

DJZeMig_L
30-07-2003, 12:45 AM
U mean XP doesn't find it?

Maybe U need 2 uninstall ...

look in the registry for any hints of the 828 ...

install again...

go to system and make sure U have the fwire port activated and workin g properly

If its cubase go into the install 828 dir.. look for any *.dll... copy 2 the Steinberg/asio folder .. now when u run sx u should b able 2 find 828 asio driver..

Reeeeally hope this helpz...

Z

I'm stuck 4 anymore tips.. (I not that much of a computer geek)... I'll b online 4 about 1h gime a pm or email if u need my mobile number (though honestly I don't think I can really help much more :( )

DJZeMig_L
30-07-2003, 12:46 AM
Mark EG should b your man as I think he owns a 828!!

In system check if there isn't any conflicts!!

I think there was a little issue with graphics cards/ IRQ somethin like that..

Z

Jimfish
30-07-2003, 07:41 AM
hmmm, it doesnt show up when i plug it in... i dont get that "ding dong" that tells me somthing has been pulgged in and no little bubble comes up in the bottom right hand corner of the screen like it should.

I tried reinstalling the 828 and i even tried takin out the pci card and putting it back into a different slot.. still no joy :(
its strange cos the usb's on the same card work fine.

time is ticking away... :cry: :cry: :cry:

MARKEG
30-07-2003, 10:36 AM
ermmm.... silly question but have you installed the drivers?

and have you got the motu console?

if so, there's a special procedre you must follow if you uninstall/re-install it.

goto www.motu.com, pick up the latest drivers and read the txt about this.

Jimfish
30-07-2003, 11:38 AM
errr, thanks anyway dude , but yeah that is a silly question :wink: ...
nope i dont use the motu console.

:cry:

Jimfish
01-08-2003, 02:04 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

it seems nothing is happening with my firewire card - it show up in device manager as working fine, but i tried a firewire hard disk in it too and that didnt work either... its strange cos the usb ports on the card work fine..

anybody got a theory??

Jimfish
01-08-2003, 02:05 PM
i just want to make some boom tish

waaaaaaaah!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

DJZeMig_L
01-08-2003, 04:44 PM
I think u must have a failty firw... try looking 4 the latest drivers for the motherB. firewire card!!.. in system deactive it and then active again just 2 C what happens...(firewire port I mean)...

Z

DJZeMig_L
01-08-2003, 04:45 PM
find way 2 some1 who has a Firewire port in his pc and check what happens when u plug yer 828!!!

Z

All in the way of trying 2 find out where exactly the prob is coming from!!

Jimfish
01-08-2003, 05:36 PM
hooray!
i got it workin.. i took out the card, reinstalled windows then plugged it in and now it works! cheers for your thoughts on this guys..
wow, im so happy now!

DJZeMig_L
01-08-2003, 09:57 PM
Trackman, the man with a million tracks formerly know as jimah ... :P

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==