PDA

View Full Version : what do i need?

ebo
16-11-2005, 12:26 AM
Hi guys, i am new here to these forums... and from what i have seen, they are the best ive come across yet.. i'm ebo, i appologise for askin first on one of my first posts.. but i have nothing to offer...yet. not untill i have developed. i hope people can understand and help.

call me a noob, but i am really keen to learn this...

what equipment do i need to start producing decent hardstyle tracks? at present i am tryin to do it with frooty5, but i find it is limited to just using other peoples samples.. which i dont want to do.

what do i use to go about making my own drums, synths etc? i have looked at some of the built in synths for frooty, but they dont give me what i want.. am i doin summin wrong?

please, i am after just some help to get me started.. what i have made so far sounds very very amateur, and i am desperate to take it to a better standard.

any help or tips are greatly appreciated!!

thx in advance, ebo. ;)

EmotionComplex
16-11-2005, 09:53 PM
id say its a safe bet that a lot of the hardstyle you are buying has been produced with fruity, and while im not exactally a fan of either hardstyle or fruity loops youve defo got what you need to start with i.e a sequencer

you say you cant get the sounds your after, a great factor in this will be down to the fact your new to producing and it takes time to develop in creating sounds and understanding synthesis and what differnt processes you can apply to a sound to change it etc

i think a good idea would be to find a synth that has a bank availible with the type of sounds you want to use and start from there, itll give you a starting point and youl also be able to have a gander at how theyve been programmed.

you can use any vst instrument with fruity so right now its down to the one/ones that are gonna be the best all rounders to introduce you to using them.

i know vengeance sound have done banks for native instruments pro 53 and refx vanguard that might have some sounds in youd find useful

aswell as that tommy pulse synth i think the preset bank came with some hardstyle kinda patches.

ebo
17-11-2005, 01:14 AM
thankyou for the info, it sounds helpfull.. i will have a look into VST's. namely the few u mentioned, and get back here if i need any more guidance..

i forgot to mention, i also have reason 2.5. is this any better/easier to use? i have heard the sound quality is much better when it comes from reason. true? or am i best sticking to frooty while i grab the ropes?

thanks again m8.

ebo.

EmotionComplex
17-11-2005, 02:09 AM
it depends what you mean by sound quality, overall output or the quality of the packaged instruments and effects.

the bundled fruity fx are basic but get the job done but once you start getting your head around this area youl probobly want to bring in some higher quality plug ins which is not a problem with fruity as it has full vst support, Reason is marketed as an all in one software studio so your limited to the instruments that it comes with (unless you marry it with cubase but i think thatd be getting far to complicated right now)

i dont think your going to notice any sound quality difference between reason and fruity loops apart from the differences in the instruments and fx they are using, the actual quality when mixed down to .wav will be the same.

if i were you id concentrate on using fruity loops now as it will probobly allow you to get access to the kinda of sounds your after easyer with all the vst synth banks floating about right now.

278d7e64a374de26f==