compared to the 'big names'

midfield ok,just lackin a,well a vieira really :doh:
really like cesc,flamini,gilberto,freddie,pires hmm,reyes and hleb

with that defence tho can only see troubled times
and i didn't even mention cover for leheman who's 35

what you reckon pal?

Will
16-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Well, in fairness our defence has been doing alright, if we'd scored a few more we'd be doing much better, though with van Persie starting to bang them in we don't look too bad off up front. Although we only have 3 recognised first team strikers, plus a couple of midfielders who sometimes fill in there... I didn't think the Van Persie Henry partnership was going to work out, but it looks pretty promising now, he seemed like more of a fox in the box when Henry plays best with someone who will link the play...

So that changes things a bit, although Bergkamp will need replacing soon and a 4th 1st team striker would be nice too! I haven't seen much of Torres or Kuyt, but from what I've heard Torres sounds the best bet, but he'll probably be very expensive. Forlan could be interesting though...

I'm not totally convinced about Flamini I must admit and we could do with a replacement for Vieira of course, though I have a feeling Song is better than Flamini and could be useful, our youngsters seem to be doing better than the first team if anything based on the Carling cup at least! Beating Sunderland 3-0 away whereas the first team won 3-1 at home.

As for our defence, a world class player to take Cygan's place would be nice of course, or someone half decent at least! Someone who could fill in at left back too ideally. I mean we've got 2 decent left backs so we shouldn't need another normally, but we've been getting a few injuries of course, thanks largely to internationals! And another keeper would be nice too of course, Lehmann's not world class and it's probably our weakest suit, though we get by.

So yeah, a replacement spine would be good, who can fill in the wider area's if need be ideally, keep signing versatile players. As for who, Torres and Baptista seem the best upfront and midfield of the people we've been linked with, struggling to think of a centre back and keeper we've been linked with we'd sign now! Maybe Chelsea would do a double deal for Gallas and Cudicini for those positons! :lol:

Though no doubt we won't sign all if any of those, knowing Wenger it'll be players we've never heard of!

dj casualty
16-11-2005, 08:07 PM
think we can forget kuyt now as chelsea are sniffin round
think ther're startin to realise how shit drogba is,dont rate
him at all

Will
16-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Me neither! Though I read suggestions he's one of several players unhappy at Chelsea and that Maureen tried to sell him, but no-one could afford his wages - dunno how much truth there is to that though! It's funny how Chelsea are struggling to attract a decent striker under Maureen though.

Anyway, Torres it is then. :lol:

dj casualty
16-11-2005, 08:43 PM
indeed,alliadiare is only on loan ism't he?

Will
16-11-2005, 09:49 PM
That he is, he has high hopes for his future at Arsenal though I'm not so sure! Lupoli's a similar striker and Wenger describes him as a sniper, high praise indeed for a 'fox in the box'!

Esox Lucius
17-11-2005, 06:34 AM
gooner rent boys.

dee
17-11-2005, 12:25 PM
gooner rent boys.

init :dontevengothere: :lol: :lol:

Esox Lucius
17-11-2005, 01:06 PM
gooner rent boys.

init :dontevengothere: :lol: :lol:

disgusting isnt fella, and now there is 2 of them, god help us.

dee
17-11-2005, 03:11 PM
mini wengers :lol: :lol:

Hakka
17-11-2005, 03:35 PM
who do you think wenger should sign??

hearin reports that he's been lookin at torres and that feyenord
striker,but find that a bit odd,already has good forwards and
youngsters comin through

surely it has to be defence ,across the back now what with injuries
to the two left backs.cygan not upto the job,campbell good when
fit but not gettin any younger,sendoros although improving and chips
in with goals seems to struggle against a physical centre forward
and toure and lauren hmm both can be suspect at times,still,cole
is the best in the world and i think way under rated for england
compared to the 'big names'

midfield ok,just lackin a,well a vieira really :doh:
really like cesc,flamini,gilberto,freddie,pires hmm,reyes and hleb

with that defence tho can only see troubled times
and i didn't even mention cover for leheman who's 35

what you reckon pal?

Arsenal need to get more squad players. There's lots of good players solely with in the Premiership that could do Arsenal good. You should of gone for Jenas, Scott Parker or Emre. Quality players that would of been at Arsenal for years... - When injuries hit Arsenal they struggle. They have some extremely talented youngsters, but they ain't going to win you the league.

Paul Robinson, why didn't you get him while he was at Leeds?

Will
17-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Very good question! I was gutted Spurs got him for so little money.

dj casualty
17-11-2005, 05:21 PM
yeah same here,think jenas would be a good signin too
calm yourself essox,you just concentrate on avoidin
relegation,down at the bottom scrappin with the rest
of the lower rate teams :lol:

Will
17-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Dunno about Jenas, I think Carrick would have been better. Seems both Chelsea and Spurs have taken to poaching our targets because they can't compete with Wenger's eye for talent. :roll:

french_og
17-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Just seen that Clichy is out now for 4 months or is that old news? Who is gonna play at left back now?

Hakka
17-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Dunno about Jenas, I think Carrick would have been better. Seems both Chelsea and Spurs have taken to poaching our targets because they can't compete with Wenger's eye for talent. :roll:

I think Jenas as accomplished more and has far more European experience. Jenas seemed to jump from Div 1 to Prem at 18/19 years old very easily. He was a regular at such a young age that you forget how old he is given that he was in the Newcastle team for a number of years. I was sorry to see him go, but if he is £8 million and Scott Parker is £6.5 million, I'd happily do the deal all over again.

Will
21-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Yeah, Scott Parker would have been alright, even if he could be considered a Chelsea reject... Hopefully that'd make him more determined to stuff them though.

That's an interesting, not to mention cute, signature by the way!

278d7e64a374de26f==