PDA

View Full Version : Exporting midi In fruity

The Divide
30-07-2003, 02:34 AM
May sound like a stupid question but I cant seem to export any midi out of Fruity lps and I cant figure it out. This is my scenario...

I got SX and fruity running as a VSTI, say if I create something in fruity on the piano roll and want to get it into SX via exporting the midi file and have the same pattern playing in SX. I can trigger fruity from SX, thats not a problem. I cant get my midi paterns out of fruity tho. When I try import them its like theres nothing there at all. I have had this problem before and never sussed out what I was missing. Any ideas???? It asks me some options when I export, everything looks alright there. Do I have to have it in song mode and use the lil sequencer or something???

Thanks

audioinjection
30-07-2003, 04:09 PM
Hmmm, I've had the same problem too, but for some reason it worked after I did it again.

After you export the midi file, make sure in Cubase you "import" as a midi file. I used to try to just open it up instead of importing.

Do you know what I mean?

DJZeMig_L
30-07-2003, 06:38 PM
Never tryed but probably u have 2 activate the relevant pattern in the playlist... song mode...

Z

log:one
30-07-2003, 07:10 PM
you may have to create a "midi out" generator, then copy whatever you want to export to that channel and bobs yer mother's brother.

The Divide
30-07-2003, 10:36 PM
Wickid!!!! Thanks people, i will try just that. This place is magic! :wink:

Barely Human
31-07-2003, 03:45 PM
Depends what you are trying to export. You can only export the piano rolls in the step sequancer, it cannot export anything in the playlist. You can allways go to the piano rolls options(top left) and go file, save as and you can save it as a midi file there.

DJZeMig_L
31-07-2003, 10:18 PM
Nice 1 :)

I don't really know why but I was never much atracted 2 the piano roll but this is a good tip :)

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==