PDA

View Full Version : Could FIFA do something about 'American football'??

Will
18-11-2005, 12:12 PM
I was watching Cybernet last night and that american cunt referred to that american bollocks as 'football' when talking about a new Madden game. It's bad enough that people in america (and Australia) had the utter stupidity to name a new sport American football, which is a bit confusing, especially when it has nothing to do with football, without us being subjected to it being shortened to football (and them showing such comtempt/disrespect as to rename our sport 'soccer').

Surely FIFA could get them for false advertising or something and force them to stop calling that ridiculous sport 'football' (and proper football 'soccer'). I mean what does NFL stand for, there's no 'A' in there for American, it must just be football which is total bollocks.

Maybe we should start calling buggery British american football and shorten it to American football and then chnage the name of American football to either bollocks or american bollocks and see how they like it.

Esox Lucius
18-11-2005, 01:23 PM
woooooooooo go usa

basslinejunkie
18-11-2005, 02:13 PM
GET IN THE HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

djfase
18-11-2005, 06:44 PM
National football league :lol:

But i know what u are saying. Mind u those yanks are the only pricks in the world to play the shit sport really.

phantomdj
19-11-2005, 08:37 PM
you can't reason with america ... they are the crooks we got rid of a few hundred years back ...

Will
21-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Yeah, but WWF (wrestling) were forced to change their name, so surely there's a possibility of doing the same with the NFL!

dan the acid man
21-11-2005, 07:53 PM
if you want to be like that, its called association football :lol:

isnt rugby football :doh: something like that anyway.

what gets me more though, is the ammount of people here that now call it soccer, every time you see a news report now they say soccer instead of football :rambo:

nick_anarchy
21-11-2005, 08:00 PM
put it in the trunk .. do u have a pacifier .... woohooo yeh man ....

Will
21-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Yeah, it's unforgivable calling it soccer over here, at least the Americans can plead ignorance! Usually seems to be rugby types trying to be dismissive of football, I remember some rugby player calling it soccer at any rate, probably jealous of the money and popularity in/of football.

djfase
21-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Football is the biggest sport in the world.

Rugby was invented by some cunt who couldnt play football

Traxx
21-11-2005, 09:12 PM

Hahaha :lol:

dan the acid man
24-11-2005, 03:34 PM
i hang my head in shame, i watched a bit of rugby the other day, and enjoyed it too :oops: :doh:

Hakka
24-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Football is the biggest sport in the world.

lol

278d7e64a374de26f==