PDA

View Full Version : Roy Keane has left United!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will
18-11-2005, 12:22 PM
According to the BBC website, who are pretty reliable, more to follow it says! I didn't think he'd leave that quick, over a month 'til the transfer window, though I suppose he can join another team staright away since he's out of contract! What a blow to United after they just beat Chelsea!

Will
18-11-2005, 12:24 PM
It just says it was by mutual consent so far! Guess he'll be off to Celtic, unless he wants to fill in for Vieira for a bit! :lol:

Will
18-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Roy Keane to leave Old Trafford

Manchester United has today reached agreement with Roy Keane for Roy to leave the Club with immediate effect.

The agreement allows Roy to sign a long term deal with another club to enable him to secure his playing career beyond what would have been the end of his contract at United in the summer.

The Club has offered Roy a testimonial in recognition of his 12 ½ years at Old Trafford.

The Club thanks Roy for his major contribution to the Club during his years of service.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson said:

“Roy Keane has been a fantastic servant for Manchester United. The best midfield player in the world of his generation, he is already one of the great figures in our Club’s illustrious history. Roy has been central to the success of the Club in the last 12 ½ years and everyone at Old Trafford wishes him well in the rest of his career and beyond”

Chief Executive David Gill said:

“Roy has been a towering figure at the Club for over a decade. His dedication, talent and leadership have been qualities that have marked him out as one of the true greats. On behalf of everyone at the Club, we wish him every success in his future career.”

Roy Keane said:

“It has been a great honour and privilege for me to play for Manchester United for over 12 years. During my time at the Club I have been fortunate to play alongside some of the best players in the game and in front of the best supporters in the world. At all times I have endeavoured to do my best for the management and the team.

Whilst it is a sad day for me to leave such a great Club and Manager I believe that the time has now come for me to move on. After so many years, I will miss everyone at the Club.

I send my best wishes for the future to the management, players, staff and supporters of the Club.”

Numeric
18-11-2005, 12:32 PM
I could see this comin a mile off and it is no suprise...

A dark day for United indeed, but we were always gonna have to say goodbye to Keane at some point, it's just come a bit sooner than expected, and under different circumstances...

It's not the end of Utd though, no man is ever bigger than the Club, we will survive and prosper without Keane...

Will
18-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Survive at least...

Will
18-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Means they'll have to spend even more money on players...

Esox Lucius
18-11-2005, 12:43 PM
quality, hope he comes to celtic.

maybe the ireland job? that would be class ;)

Esox Lucius
18-11-2005, 12:43 PM
It's not the end of Utd though, no man is ever bigger than the Club, we will survive and prosper without Keane...

i think it's called 'starting the rot'

Will
18-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah, first Beckham, then Butt and P Neville, now Keane, Scholes and Giggs are on the wane, the core of the team is slowly leaving and United will be completely different when they've gone, won't be half as resilient.

jam
18-11-2005, 12:59 PM
He's coming to Boro.

*and then he wakes up.

Will
18-11-2005, 01:07 PM
I suppose it'd be his most likely destination if he stayed in the Prem... but he'll probably go to Celtic like he always said - unless he finally moves to Bayern Munich!

Will
18-11-2005, 01:11 PM
"about half an hour before the keane announcement someone wrote a message saying that a mate who works for man u has heard that this morning Fergie and Keane had a big bust up, at which point Fergie promptly fired his skipper" - I wonder if there's any truth to that...

jam
18-11-2005, 01:18 PM
I've heard he's going to Bolton,i hope and pray this isn't true.

Esox Lucius
18-11-2005, 01:21 PM
he wont go to another english club.

dee
18-11-2005, 01:25 PM
sad news , keaney is a legend , wish u luck skipper :clap: :clap:

french_og
18-11-2005, 01:56 PM
They are giving him a Testimonial so there will be one more chance for the fans to see him.

Traxx
18-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Another nail in the coffin of scumchester united.

french_og
18-11-2005, 05:21 PM
They were not gonna win the league this season with or without him so the timing is probably not that bad. He has hardly played this season either. Man Utd are re building and it just an end of an era. He was one of their best ever players but all things come to an end.

Traxx
18-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Theve been re building for years.

Traxx
18-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Some quality signings by ferguson has set em back SLIGHTLY though ;)

pumpinglemma
18-11-2005, 05:46 PM
As an Irishman and a Utd fan, Keane is one of my heroes. Best Irish and Utd player ever.
Its a massive blow to Utd losing Keane and this story is going to run and it will be another unwanted distraction. I would like to see him player manage Ireland but I dont think that will happen. I reckon he goes to Celtic. Theres already a statement on their web-site saying they would like him ;)

djfase
18-11-2005, 06:36 PM
How the fek do u replace roy keane????????????

Defo the best midfielder of his type in the last 15 years and massive loss to utd. Does this mean theyve got ballack????

There must be a reason for it.

Just spoke to bro inlaw and he says he may go to POMPEY :shock: :cry:
I dont know where its come from but he being a pro himself he hears thngs.

DJsmallpaul
18-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Shocked to say the least

nick_anarchy
19-11-2005, 12:13 PM
tbh i think hes done the right thing , if i was him i wouldnt of stayed with that shower of shite thay call a squad.. u say no man is bigger than the club , he made us what we are the past 10 odd years if it wasnt for him ( being the main infulance ) we wouldnt of had such a driveing force within the team .... its sad he has left yes i wish him all the best in his future one of the best players to play fot manchester united BUT i can say this it wont be the end will and all the other anti man utd fans will says its game over blah blah blah but no it wont be some players will hold their own and show we can still be up their maybe we wont win anythink for another few seasons till we get some new and better players but on a whole it wont be the end

dee
19-11-2005, 02:26 PM
things aren't that bad , you could support liverscum, now that would be funny
theyv'e been rebuilding since the 70's :lol: :lol:

Esox Lucius
19-11-2005, 02:31 PM

:clap: :lol:

nick_anarchy
19-11-2005, 04:07 PM

70's aint it still the 70's in liverpool :doh:

french_og
19-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Man Utd have had to replace big players before ie Cantona. They were gonna have to replace Keane at some point and now is a good a time as any. Smith is starting to play well in that position and although not as good as Keane is still improving and he scored today.

Traxx
19-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Said in the paper today he had a major kick of with that quieroz fella at some reserve game he turned up to play at recentley + they were gonna take the arm band off him.

Will
20-11-2005, 09:24 AM
They struggled to replace Schmeichel though, maybe Van der Saar has, but they'll need to replace him soon! Who can they replace Keane with? I hardly think Gerrard will go there. I'm sure they'll sill be around the top 3 or 4 though, just don't see them winning anything for a while, nothing of consequence at least.

basslinejunkie
20-11-2005, 02:49 PM
you cant replace players like that,so your gonna be weaker than you already are and you know it.

Traxx
20-11-2005, 03:11 PM

Late 80's, early 90's maybe. On the plus side you have got it all too look forward too. Enjoy :cool:

french_og
21-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Just seen on Skysports.com that Juventus have made an aproach for Keane and want to pair him and Viera!!!

Will
21-11-2005, 09:10 AM
That's crazy talk! First, It's Vieira, not Viera, totally different player! :lol: But they've got Emerson, who they wanted to pair with Vieira, so Keane and Vieira certainly wouldn't be a the first choice. It would be curious though... And Sir Bobby says we should sign him to fill in for Vieira!

french_og
21-11-2005, 09:22 AM
I think it was obvious ii was talking about the former Arsenal French player... I will make sure to spell check next time......

Will
21-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Just read the story on football 365, it would be pretty ironic if he went there! Both Arsenal's and Man U's former captains joining forces at a different club in the same season! I know Vieira respects Keane, and I daresay it cuts both ways, so you never know! Though I'd have thought Vieira and Emerson would be first choice.

Traxx
21-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Cant see him going there.

278d7e64a374de26f==