PDA

View Full Version : Charlton vs Manchester Utd

Numeric
18-11-2005, 04:03 PM
The Keane news will completely over-shadow the build up to this fixture but we have to keep perspective and focus on a possible three points at The Valley. Victory against Chelsea a couple of weeks back was of vital importance but will mean nothing if we don't get maximum points against Charlton which are a dangerous team. We can't allow the Keane news to affect our performance, we quite simply have to get the job done...

Smith has proven now that he can indeed handle the mid-field role and we'll be looking to him for another awesome showing...

C'mon Utd...

:rambo:

Will
18-11-2005, 04:11 PM
You lot lost your next game after ending our run and that was without the departure of Keane so I wouldn't be surprised if you lost this one too, especially since a lot of water has gone under the bridge since the win with the international break and everything. Though you might surprise me and win it I suppose...

Numeric
18-11-2005, 04:32 PM
Yeah i remember the game at Fratton Park last season, horrific to say the least...

I have faith though that Utd can get the result against Charlton...

djfase
18-11-2005, 06:41 PM
I dont think smith has proved anything yet. Yes he had a good game against chelski, but thats it.

I do believe tho tha he could fill the role but i feel utd will buy atleast 2 players for midfield in jan.

Keane leaving will only spur utd on

Traxx
18-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Im going to some sort of conferance in old trafford on the 30/31st. Quite looking forwrad to it, always wanted to piss ON old trafford.

nick_anarchy
19-11-2005, 04:11 PM
1-0 so far smith .. come on

dee
20-11-2005, 10:34 AM
:clap: :clap: well done lads, good result

Numeric
20-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Great result!!

:clap:

I haven't seen the goals yet, but hear that Ruud's second was somin special, good to see him bag a couple and good to see Smithy on the score-sheet too. From what i could gather from Soccer Special we were under the cosh at times which is a little worrying, but it's the three points that matter most, hopefully we'll be able to build on this and get our season started again...

djfase
20-11-2005, 06:46 PM
He was his first goal that was special

Numeric
20-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Oh right, i'll be sure to check MOTD2 out later...

Esox Lucius
20-11-2005, 07:40 PM
yeah crackin goal horselrooy :cool:

lets hope chelsea slip up and the mancs can do it, cant see it happening though.

Traxx
20-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Nay chance, chelski's again this season.

nick_anarchy
21-11-2005, 01:11 AM
will .. did u see the game ?? utd won surprised u aint made a post about this yet ...

Will
21-11-2005, 09:12 AM
Im going to some sort of conferance in old trafford on the 30/31st. Quite looking forwrad to it, always wanted to piss ON old trafford.

Just make sure it's not in the away section!

Will
21-11-2005, 09:20 AM
I heard the scoreline flattered Man U a bit and it could have been a draw... but United did alright, Hansen said it was one of their best performances this season, better than against Chelsea, football-wise at least, which would be slightly worrying for Man U fans if what they said on 5 Live is anything to go by and it could have been a draw... Still, who cares about Man U, Arsenal got their first away win of the seaon against high flying Wigan and that's what's important!

nick_anarchy
21-11-2005, 01:18 PM
I heard the scoreline flattered Man U a bit and it could have been a draw... but United did alright, Hansen said it was one of their best performances this season, better than against Chelsea, football-wise at least, which would be slightly worrying for Man U fans if what they said on 5 Live is anything to go by and it could have been a draw... Still, who cares about Man U, Arsenal got their first away win of the seaon against high flying Wigan and that's what's important!

arsenal pfft ...the one man team strikes again

Will
21-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Didn't you say Cole was the best left back in the world! Plus Henry's only played in half our prem games and he's no ball winner or defender. It's not even like we've got a one man forward line with Van Persie scoring as many goals as Henry lately...

Just been looking at the stats for Henry and Van Persie and Henry's scored 10 goals from 7 starts and 1 substitute appearance in all competitions and Van Persie's scored 8 goals from 7 starts albeit with 6 substitute appearances - that's some front line I'm sure you'll all agree!

And of course Henry gets nearly as many assists as he does goals, I bet Ronaldinho and Shevchenko combined would struggle to beat his fgoals and assists tallies, it's about time he got the recognition for this!

Will
21-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Hmmm, they only cost £14m between them too, Shrek and Donkey cost about £50m between them and they've only scored 17 goals between them (compared with 18 for Henry and RVP) and they've started 32 games between them (compared with 14 starts for our pair) plus one sub appearance (7 sub appearances for our pair)... So forget Shrek and Donkey - Henry and Van Persie's where it's at!

Esox Lucius
21-11-2005, 03:23 PM
fair play, van persie is on form at the mo, great player.

french_og
21-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Ronaldinhio get his fair share of goals and assists so id be surprised if that is true, I would rather see Henry and Ronaldinhio play together, what a pair that would be!!

Ronaldinhio was that good on Saturday that after his 2nd goal even the Madrid supporters clapped him. Barcelona were awesome mind, they keep the ball so easy, it is like watching a computer game.

Will
21-11-2005, 03:40 PM
I daresay they'd beat Henry's tallies between them, but not by enough to justify them beating him to the 2 awards, that's for damn sure. They should get more than double his tallies if they're both better players, but I bet they're nowhere near doing that.

french_og
21-11-2005, 04:27 PM
I agree that Henry is better than Shevchenco although he is never gonna score the goals and get the assists playing in the Italian league where the game is tighter and more defensive.

There is no point arguing about who is best when you are talking about players as good as Ronaldinhio and Henry.

nick_anarchy
21-11-2005, 06:34 PM
did u read about the poll done accorss europe ? henry & ronaldio wree the two thay picked most to see upfront and the ground to see them play at week in week out was old trafford

Traxx
21-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Mancs in a dream world eh? more foreign mancs then not as well i bet.

nick_anarchy
21-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Mancs in a dream world eh? more foreign mancs then not as well i bet.

haha no it wasnt a manc point of view or a question for a manc , it was a question to ppl all around europe .. just OT happed to be picked as the place to watch them play , not for man utd for anyone ..

tho it would be a dream for them two to team up in utd shirt but somethink that will never happen ....u smancs can dream yes ... but at least are dreams come true more than any scouser :lol: even the southern fairys dreams come true more :lol:

Will
21-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Nah, it'd have to be Highbury or Ashburton Grove I reckon! I would say the Nou camp would be a good stadium, but not when the cunts are trying to poach our best player!

Traxx
21-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Would be good to see them playing together yeah.

Numeric
22-11-2005, 09:12 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if Henry moved to Barca in the summer, would be hilarious eh Will...

:lol:

Esox Lucius
22-11-2005, 09:19 AM
I think it will happen if the arse fail to win anything this season. if they can't match his expectations he will be off.

Will
22-11-2005, 09:52 AM
It'd be a bit stupid if arguably our two best players left a year at most before we moved into our new stadium, I'm sure we'll make several big signings within the next 18 months or so and our youngsters are shaping up well.

nick_anarchy
22-11-2005, 10:48 AM
it will happen ... he is GOIN

Will
22-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Oh, well in that case he must be!

Traxx
22-11-2005, 11:38 AM
I think if the arse put there money were there mouth is & splashed the cash on some real big players Henry would stay.

nick_anarchy
22-11-2005, 11:46 AM
nar u can tell , arse aint goin to win the main goal .. " champion sleague " and tbh he needs that if he goes barca he has a better chance of makin that goal .. he wont even get another prem league medal so he has to go and i hope he does ...

Will
22-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Just cos you're jealous of him! We'd still have Van Persie, wouldn't be the end of the world if he left. I'm sure Wenger could persuade him to stay if we splashed the cash, Vieira hung around long enough and he would have stayed if we'd wanted him. Henry's more loyal to us than Vieira was. Barca have only won the CL once, so it's not like they have amazing credentials in the competition.

Traxx
22-11-2005, 11:57 AM
If he wasnt to win the CL again he should sign for us in january. Its ours again this season you watch ;)

nick_anarchy
22-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Just cos you're jealous of him! We'd still have Van Persie, wouldn't be the end of the world if he left. I'm sure Wenger could persuade him to stay if we splashed the cash, Vieira hung around long enough and he would have stayed if we'd wanted him. Henry's more loyal to us than Vieira was. Barca have only won the CL once, so it's not like they have amazing credentials in the competition.

haha god u make me laugh

Will
22-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Nah, Henry and Van Persie all the way!

Will
22-11-2005, 12:01 PM

haha god u make me laugh

That makes us even then!

Traxx
22-11-2005, 12:14 PM
If he wasnt to win the CL again he should sign for us in january. Its ours again this season you watch ;)

Ill say it again.

Will
22-11-2005, 12:16 PM
I don't think he's listening though!

nick_anarchy
22-11-2005, 01:53 PM

who me .. if so i cant be arsed to listen

Esox Lucius
22-11-2005, 02:04 PM
more chance of george best jumping out his bed in hospital and doing a triathlon than the shite fluking their way to another CL win.

Traxx
22-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Blah blah blah. Heard all this for the duration of last season. Keep it up, your like our shite team supporting shit chatting lucky mascot :lol:

nick_anarchy
22-11-2005, 02:22 PM
tbh all teams need to be lucky to win the CL i know it was hard to deal with liverpool winning it .. but we had a lot of luck when we did it in 99 and this is th eonly time i hold my hands up and say fair play to liverpool ...

Esox Lucius
22-11-2005, 02:34 PM
tbh all teams need to be lucky to win the CL i know it was hard to deal with liverpool winning it .. but we had a lot of luck when we did it in 99 and this is th eonly time i hold my hands up and say fair play to liverpool ...

only banter lad, of course they deserved it to come back from 3-0 down.

i went shopping with me mam yesterday, she was buying the european liverpool kit for my sisters fella for christmas and she asked me to try it on as he is around the same size as me :shock: :shock: :dontevengothere: :dontevengothere: she couldnt understand why i wouldnt :lol: well seen her arse

nick_anarchy
22-11-2005, 02:44 PM

only banter lad, of course they deserved it to come back from 3-0 down.

i went shopping with me mam yesterday, she was buying the european liverpool kit for my sisters fella for christmas and she asked me to try it on as he is around the same size as me :shock: :shock: :dontevengothere: :dontevengothere: she couldnt understand why i wouldnt :lol: well seen her arse

haha well u did well to hold out and not try it on well done ...

Traxx
22-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Fukin liar, bet you had the shirt, shorts & socks on for a quick march up & down the shop :lol:

nick_anarchy
22-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Fukin liar, bet you had the shirt, shorts & socks on for a quick march up & down the shop :lol:

hahaha

Esox Lucius
22-11-2005, 03:05 PM
oh aye, was shouting YNWA all over jjb in jerkenhead :lol:

offered to try a bolton top on as that was reebok aswell but she was in a mood so just bought it anyway, it will fit him like cos hes a fat bastard as well. :lol:

Will
22-11-2005, 10:03 PM

who me .. if so i cant be arsed to listen

No, Henry.

Traxx
22-11-2005, 11:13 PM
He really should. Have a word will.

Will
23-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Why'd I want to do that? :lol: I'd rather he went to Barca than another Prem team!

278d7e64a374de26f==