PDA

View Full Version : GLITCH 010

StoQ
20-11-2005, 02:50 PM
http://www.bangingtunes.com/vinyl/view/glitch010/

wow! awesome record!!! Calver roox

jimmy west
21-11-2005, 07:35 AM
he's defintly the producer of the year for me another top quality release on glitch.

orac
21-11-2005, 05:00 PM
b1 is nice :)

StoQ
21-11-2005, 05:23 PM
he's defintly the producer of the year for me another top quality release on glitch.

I agree, defo he's massive producer and good dj

Mucky Beats
22-11-2005, 04:45 PM
this is another top glitch

matt k
26-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Reeespect.

Dorian Hunter
27-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Mr. Calver, well done ya funny lickle monkey :lol:

Lujo
27-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Nice ep I like it. :)

Respect

thedegator
28-11-2005, 09:21 PM
He seems to be the master of producing 4 trackers which are all completely amazing, and value for money with a capital "V". The only trouble is that i have this release on order now for too long and its eating me alive.

This bloke is a breath of fresh air fair play, his techno b-sides on Hard trance/House/NRG tunes are breathtaking, bring em on!!!!!!!!!
Looking forward to seeing him play soon

AcidTrash
01-12-2005, 02:01 AM
He's one of the few people alive who can bring credibility to hard house and attitude to techno. He is inimitable and one of the few people around with trademark production standard. If theres anything wrong with Calver records it's the fact the are too good and show up the faults in everthing else. The only thing to beat a Calver record is a new Calver record.

slacker
05-12-2005, 03:06 PM
I loved glitch 5 personally. haven't heard this yet. I like his production style, nice and groovey. Sometimes a little too hard housey for me, but for this type of techno his sound is definitely the freshest thing around. I liiiiike it.

oldbugger
05-12-2005, 09:33 PM
He's one of the few people alive who can bring credibility to hard house and attitude to techno. He is inimitable and one of the few people around with trademark production standard. If theres anything wrong with Calver records it's the fact the are too good and show up the faults in everthing else. The only thing to beat a Calver record is a new Calver record.

bit bold that :shock: :eh:

oldbugger
05-12-2005, 09:35 PM
infact not only is it bold. are you shaggin him or what?

Scott Kemix
10-12-2005, 02:11 PM

Nice release again from calver, not sure about a1, that riff seems a bit cheesy for me. Also do any of the other guys whom produce on this release get any credit???? Or is it all calver, and they just sit in the background and just agree with everything he does??

AcidTrash
10-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Where I'm concerned I have to admit Mr Calver did most of the driving for Blipped Out 4. I was there to watch and learn. I provided the samples and ideas for the most part but where production is concerned why interfere with a master?

It's nice to see your name on a record but I would have been just as happy coming away from that session with what I'd learned. Whether or not it went on vinyl was secondary to increasing my knowledge of good production. Getting a co-credit with Alex was a very nice bonus but I'll admit that what I would have done is a little different to what alex does.

Were I to go into that session knowing what I now know about producton it would perhaps have been a lot different.

AcidTrash
10-12-2005, 03:38 PM

I just have a lot of respect for his talent. Perosnally I think some of his releases shook the scene out of a lull and I gotta salute that.

oldbugger
10-12-2005, 04:07 PM
but your not disagreeing about shaggin him though? :lol:

Scott Kemix
10-12-2005, 08:35 PM

Nice release again from calver, not sure about a1, that riff seems a bit cheesy for me. Also do any of the other guys whom produce on this release get any credit???? Or is it all calver, and they just sit in the background and just agree with everything he does??

Missed the point there i think pete, no tracks are 'too good' tbh, there is room for improvement in most productions these days, if not, then how can these boundaries be broken?

fresh_an_funky_design
10-12-2005, 10:00 PM

regardless of who wrote it with alex, it always sounds like an alex calver record.

Scott Kemix
11-12-2005, 12:13 AM
very true indeed

AcidTrash
12-12-2005, 04:14 PM
yep.

A.P.
05-01-2006, 02:12 AM
Good shit anyways!!

dirty_bass
05-01-2006, 02:56 AM

Missed the point there i think pete, no tracks are 'too good' tbh, there is room for improvement in most productions these days, if not, then how can these boundaries be broken?

Surely no one pushes the boundaries of techno more than alex.
I think he has won, everyone should go home now.

The Overfiend
05-01-2006, 04:38 AM

How so?

Scott Kemix
05-01-2006, 11:03 AM

bye bye

Stodgy
05-01-2006, 03:40 PM

I just have a lot of respect for his talent. Perosnally I think some of his releases shook the scene out of a lull and I gotta salute that.

Talent!

Is that a euphamism for something?

dirty_bass
05-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Shhhhh, stop it, don`t you realise the scene has been shaken out of a lull.
Eveything is different now.
Everything.
http://www.andes.org.uk/standard-itineraries-and-holidays/lanin-sunrise.jpg

All sarcasm aside, I liked this release.
Production is nice and full, solid beats, I just would like to hear the guy do something truly original, rather than all this filtertastic, all be it well made, run of the mill techno.
I think he`s too good to be doing stuff like this.

Scott Kemix
05-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Shhhhh, stop it, don`t you realise the scene has been shaken out of a lull.
Eveything is different now.
Everything.
http://www.andes.org.uk/standard-itineraries-and-holidays/lanin-sunrise.jpg

All sarcasm aside, I liked this release.
Production is nice and full, solid beats, I just would like to hear the guy do something truly original, rather than all this filtertastic, all be it well made, run of the mill techno.
I think he`s too good to be doing stuff like this.

If he is to good doing stuff like this, then why is he doing it??

dirty_bass
05-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Money, kicks, hasn`t tried to do anything else, stuck in a rut, or just enjoys making the same kind of stuff all the time?
I don`t know the guy, but I would like to see him put his very accomplished production skills to something a little more challenging.

Scott Kemix
05-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Money, kicks, hasn`t tried to do anything else, stuck in a rut, or just enjoys making the same kind of stuff all the time?
I don`t know the guy, but I would like to see him put his very accomplished production skills to something a little more challenging.

rock music, trance, scouse house maybe? Nah only joking, i kinda see where ya comin from there though

Addict
06-01-2006, 10:03 AM
This is a Calver tune I stumbled on the other day, very different from his usual stuff IMO

http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF189191-01-02-01.mp3

Mucky Beats
08-01-2006, 02:51 PM
i realy aint read all the comments on this topic....but i think this is damm fine dance music ...nice driving techno. i think some people on this board need to think more about the people dancing and less about the little things ... what i mean is alex makes rocking dancefloor stuff that works time and time again.... what more does he realy need to do?

Mucky Beats
08-01-2006, 03:05 PM
This is a Calver tune I stumbled on the other day, very different from his usual stuff IMO

as for this tune ....think thats a remix of devilfish on a hard dance label, not shure i'd play it, but still shows alex can put his hand to diffrent styles whitch i think is cool

rotten
15-01-2006, 08:12 PM
glitchoris

20-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Nice one guys! Another one for my shopping cart. Good thing I got 150+ dollars for graduation.

20-01-2006, 07:23 PM

as for this tune ....think thats a remix of devilfish on a hard dance label, not shure i'd play it, but still shows alex can put his hand to diffrent styles whitch i think is cool

Thats one of the two tracks on there that I like, that and 02-02 the techy house one. I can't figure out what the sample in this one is saying.... sounds like "You've got a girl problem", LOL.

Adrenalin
23-01-2006, 02:42 PM
I started following Alex and his productions a little over 1 1/2 years ago and I've been completely hooked ever since. He brings some of the little tricks and effects of his Hard House days to his techno, which IMO gives him a unique sound that always gets the dancefloor jumping. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him in person yet, but I chat with him pretty regularly and he's been so kind to supply me with numerous advance tracks. His sound is definitely getting harder. Great techno from a great guy with mad production skills.

EXCLUSIVE mix by Mr. Calver to be broadcast soon on BRING THE NOISE internet radio show on http://www.techno.fm. I'll be sure to post the broadcast date once Alex gets the mix to me.

Adrenalin
26-01-2006, 03:47 PM
2 new, unreleased rough mix tracks will be broadcast on BRING THE NOISE on Techno.fm on Sunday 5pm - 8pm U.K. time!! One is called Pscyho Killer and has an insane sample from the movie Sin City. Incredible track. The second is still untitled and has a groove to it that never lets up until the track ends.

Thank you Alex!

Tom Eyre
26-01-2006, 08:15 PM
...Calver is one of the top techno producers around at the moment. nuff said :razz:

Adrenalin
26-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Completely agree with Tom. I'm looking forward to playing his 2 new tracks on our show this Sunday and seeing him perform for the first time in Toronto on April 22. Great guy, producer and DJ. He's the future of techno.

Addict
27-01-2006, 10:29 AM

Thats one of the two tracks on there that I like, that and 02-02 the techy house one. I can't figure out what the sample in this one is saying.... sounds like "You've got a girl problem", LOL.

Just bought this tune and it turns out that the sample given here is actually the second half of the original, and not the Alex Calver remix, NICE ONE JUNO!!!!!

Dorian Hunter
27-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah Alex is defo a funny little monkeyboy and one of the best producers at the moment.

278d7e64a374de26f==