John Demonic / 'Mad' Mike Brown

10pm till 3am
Friday 2nd December
The Cavern Club
Mathew Street
Liverpool
£9adv email billalcatraz@hotmail.com
£10 on the door

Steve Rachmad is globally known as a techno producer and DJ from the Netherlands. Over the years, he has been respected in the world of electronic music for his deep, groovy sounds that tend to rest on impressive strings, melodies, funk and soul. His career has been reaching its highest peaks from 1996 up to the present time. Yet, it is somewhat less known that he has been in the music for 21 years by now.

Steve’s life story starts in Amsterdam, where he saw the first lights of the day on November 19, 1969. Twelve years later, teenage Steve already starts buying his first records: to mix, remix, and cut-and-paste their parts with an open reel tape deck. In such a cut-and-paste fashion, he presented his first release in the mid-1980s, which was soon to be followed by more of them. Among these early releases was also the one created for a hip-house/dance artist Tony Scott.

From that time on, Steve finds his inspiration in the 1980s dance and electro, works of former Time members (Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis), The System, Arthur Baker, to name but a few. At the age of 15, he also starts his DJing career with a disco set in a small Amsterdam club. Nevertheless, his love for music urges him to start buying equipment, which would later result in a professional studio that is, according to him, “everything he ever dreamed of having.” Today, his equipment is mainly analogue, providing him with a chance to explore the realms of warm, alive, non-static sounds. He laid the corner stone of this collection in 1985, by getting a TR-808.

A year later, Steve gets introduced to the house music. His attention is captured by the new sounds echoing mostly from Detroit and Chicago, i.e. by the work of artists such as Mr. Fingers and Derrick May. Following their style, Steve’s own style takes a new direction. He is soon to be found working with artists like Darren Emerson and Derrick May. The incoming years are to be marked by numerous successful releases on labels such as 100% Pure, Underwater, Fragile, M-Plant, Tresor, etc. He also did a significant number of remixes, signed under various pseudonyms. Among Steve’s most respected releases is certainly his album “Secret Life of Machines,” which came out in 1996 under his pseudonym Sterac. About the same time his DJing path starts rapidly evolving as well. Until today, Steve shares his talent with the crowds all over Europe, parts of North America, and Japan. He occasionally spins disco and electro, but mainly techno.

Of all the fictitious names he used throughout his career to sign his productions, the ones that remained until today are Sterac, Ignacio, Dreg, Parallel 9, Adverse Match and Sterac Electronics (his pseudonym for electro productions). They appear on the labels like Music Man, CLR, Jericho, Sino (Technasia), etc. Steve also runs two labels of his own: Scorp, and an electro label Sterac Electronics. The history of remixes continues into the present, including a variety of people, such as Chris Liebing, The Advent, Kanzleramt, etc.

Over the years, Steve lost the count of his productions and remixes. However, he built an oeuvre that is without a doubt of a high magnitude: both quality and quantity-wise. Unfortunately, his busy DJ schedule puts a limit on the time he would like to spend in his studio. Yet, he strives for the balance that would satisfy his enormous artistic appetite and potential. His devotion to his dreams and inspirations drives him safely into the successful future.

Traxx
20-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Gonna be a corker this. Not see Rachmad since ILT last year, crackin DJ :notworthy:

Frank Dogshit
21-11-2005, 12:15 PM
top booking that!

Traxx
21-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Gonna show your mug at this'un frank?

nick_anarchy
21-11-2005, 01:16 PM
im of nuclear audio on this date

Traxx
21-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Good for you :lol:

nick_anarchy
21-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Good for you :lol:

yeh man now knowing u wont be their i can have more fun :lol:

Traxx
21-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Glad to be of service ;)

nick_anarchy
21-11-2005, 07:44 PM
aye u know the score ;)

Frank Dogshit
22-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Gonna show your mug at this'un frank?

i reckon so......certainly smells like some dirtmongering proverbial pounders at this un!

rachmad kicks...

jock
22-11-2005, 01:19 PM
I might pop down to this, all depends on the old dosh situation!!

Traxx
22-11-2005, 01:25 PM
The system they have in there is loud as fuk as well for a relatively small venue. Looking forward to it.

Boboagogo
22-11-2005, 02:14 PM
wud love to go this, gonn b a nightmare convincin me m8s tho..

Technobitch
22-11-2005, 05:37 PM
im of nuclear audio on this date

me too!

would like to get to one of your nights in the future but it defo wont be this one

nick_anarchy
22-11-2005, 06:33 PM
gutted i missed the sims nite like but locked couldnt be missed

Traxx
22-11-2005, 06:36 PM
The sims night was one of the best ive had out for a while. My ears were ringing for about a day after it.

278d7e64a374de26f==