PDA

View Full Version : Dj Bam Bam, Dj Urban, Lester Fitzpatrick, Robert Armani

The Overfiend
21-11-2005, 03:44 AM
And more from Chi Town deserve way more credit than they get for their contributions to techno. Don't you think so?

eyeswithoutaface
21-11-2005, 09:58 AM
errr whilst loving all said artists i dont think they go without any undue respect or attention to be honest, and Armani with all due respect has had his best years

schlongfingers
21-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Always preferred chicago to detroit.. grittier imho

Conan
21-11-2005, 11:48 PM
I think your right in away and maybe not in others.

Besides Bam Bam neither of them to my knowledge have had a nice flow of records out in years. Bam Bam has made some good stuff but I think he's made crap as well. His stuff wit alex peace's vocals is awfull IMO. Dj Urban has'nt had a new record out in a while (you cant count the new remix ep on flux). His last one on subsounds was poor IMO.

Im very undecided about Lester Fitzpatrick, His best stuff is his Dj skitzo stuff I'd say but its pretty much impossible to come by. His record on Terry Mitchel's system label had two lethal tunes on it and I saw that he has a new one out soon to, which will be interesting.

As for Robert Armani i think the lad has made some of the best techno ever made. His big kicks and patterns are ****in deadly but where has he gone to?

Im a huge fan of Dj Urban's and Robert Armani's music but I'd really like to hear some new stuff from them because they make some brilliant stuff. I think these and some of the other Chi-Tech guys definitely deserve alot of credit for their contribution but I'd really like it to keep coming.

SlavikSvensk
22-11-2005, 12:26 AM
And more from Chi Town deserve way more credit than they get for their contributions to techno. Don't you think so?

that's a complicated question, but a great one! :clap:

these guys get TONS of props as djs and dance music producers, but at the same time, i think their influence on techno is underrated. too many people just think "oh it's house," but you can hear a lot more of armani''s sh*t in today's hard techno than you can hear, say, rhythm is rhythm. same goes for some of the earlier producers. phuture, ralphie rosario, farley...yeah they made house music, but some of those tracks are so robotic, dark, etc....

green velvet also deserves a clap.

:clap:

The Overfiend
22-11-2005, 09:26 AM
The you go Slavik! Good point.
And Conan look out for a new ep by Dj Urban on Public housing,
With remixes by Mark Hawkins and Wetworks.
I don't agree with you though about Alex Peace, I think his vocals add flavor to the tracks B.

slimboy
22-11-2005, 02:00 PM
I used to have a Fumiya Tnaka mix CD with an awesome Armani track on it "Armani Tracks pt 2".

Never been able to find despite trawling through countless releases on Dancemania with titles such as "Armani Trax", "Trax pt 2" etc.

Anyone know the tune I'm on about?...

Conan
22-11-2005, 02:38 PM
And Conan look out for a new ep by Dj Urban on Public housing,
With remixes by Mark Hawkins and Wetworks.

Yeh sounds good, Im a huge MH fan as well. Lets hope I can get a hold of it though ;)
It would be nice to hear more from those guys, Urban, Armani etc... they're brilliant

djfurness
22-11-2005, 03:53 PM
dunno about his contribution to music...although I do like him...
but readin Bam Bams myspace...I think he must make a massive contribution to banging absolute American stunners!

The Overfiend
23-11-2005, 09:50 AM
Who remembers Dj Deeon Da Dik Suk?

Conan
23-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Not me!

SlavikSvensk
24-11-2005, 03:31 PM

deeon is f***ing awesome. how about dj flint?

JamieBall
24-11-2005, 03:51 PM

'Aint nothin like a dick suck....'

of course... and 'yo mouf'

CLASSICS !

JamieBall
24-11-2005, 03:52 PM
And Paul Johnsons 'feel my m.f. bass'

THAT was proper

herman
25-11-2005, 12:11 AM
I used to have a Fumiya Tnaka mix CD with an awesome Armani track on it "Armani Tracks pt 2".

Never been able to find despite trawling through countless releases on Dancemania with titles such as "Armani Trax", "Trax pt 2" etc.

Probably the version on Muzik Man (http://www.discogs.com/release/10140) i would guess.

thetonewrecka
25-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Growing up close to chicago as I discovered techno...many of those tracks by these guys felt like an orphan who suddenly found their mom and got a big hug. Great stuff for the ears and body infront of a speaker stack. I'll agree that lately the picks have been harder to find. Maybe they are laying low and brewing some jams??

The Overfiend
28-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Seems like they want to come back, but more people book the new jacks that are doing the same sound.
I'm sure they would be thrilled to be booked abroad.

slimboy
28-11-2005, 01:56 PM

Probably the version on Muzik Man (http://www.discogs.com/release/10140) i would guess.

Cheers for the shout, think that is the one.

Just got to find the bugger now!!

278d7e64a374de26f==