PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of cunts moaning...

Si the Sigh
21-11-2005, 09:47 AM
...about the lack of quality techno.

One word...

BOLLOCKS!

Theres loads of quality techno about. Seriously, I spend around £200 a month on vinyl still and am 100% happy with what I buy, yet friends of mine are still moaning about lack of quality records. Open your ears and eyes, theres LOADS of good shit out there.

eyeswithoutaface
21-11-2005, 09:54 AM
word :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

acidsaturation
21-11-2005, 12:53 PM
I reckon its all crap... I mean it just goes bang bang bang and you can't hear the words...

Si the Sigh
21-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Hmm, you've got a point there! :lol:

TechMouse
21-11-2005, 01:33 PM
you can't hear the words...
Ass... Titties... Ass 'n' Titties....

Crystal clear mate...

robin m
21-11-2005, 03:29 PM
:clap:

Too right Si - stop it you moany bastards.

conflict
21-11-2005, 04:04 PM
aint as good as it used to be

hahah

of course i jest

i've been spendina few hundred quid a month aswell and am loving loads of the new releases

SlavikSvensk
21-11-2005, 04:53 PM
:nono: used to be much better in the old days ;)

seriously, i do think there are quality records now...

dan the acid man
21-11-2005, 04:59 PM
i agree, there's been a hell of alot of quality releases, as my bank manager is well aware of :oops: :lol:

dirty_bass
21-11-2005, 06:26 PM
I¬m finding less good stuff, well, not less good stuff, but less stuff I don`t already own something that sounds virtuially exactly the same as.
However, some of the good stuff is still really really good.
I kinda like it like this in a way, it makes me open my eyes and look where I wouldn`t normally look.
I been finding good techno in places where I just wouldn`t expect it.
On house labels, breaks labels, all sorts, little hidden gems.

Aratron
21-11-2005, 06:30 PM
£200 a month on vinyl, you lucky people. im getting buy with around £20 a month

davethedrummer
21-11-2005, 07:15 PM
yep
it's official

techno is still great!

Jay Pace
21-11-2005, 07:21 PM
I disagree

I've been in the scene since 1865. And compared to back then, everything is bad. Nothing good will ever happen. Bad Bad Bad.

The only slightly good things have all been due to the crazy frog.

He got the funk

eyeswithoutaface
21-11-2005, 07:22 PM
he put the F in Funk

davethedrummer
21-11-2005, 07:45 PM
well we wouldn't have to moan if someone went and made a decent record would we?

massplanck
21-11-2005, 07:58 PM
I disagree

I've been in the scene since 1865. And compared to back then, everything is bad.

:lol:

:love:

PS: I like buying old records. Everything doesnt have to be new. And like dirty said.. most of my favourite 'techno' records are actually psytrance/breaks/house/industrial tunes gone wrong.

SlavikSvensk
21-11-2005, 08:34 PM
PS: I like buying old records.

yes, yes. why do we need to be obsessed with everything being new? why not, gasp, mix the new with the old? buy the classics! here's some shocking news...techno now isn't very different from techno 5 years ago! a bit more different from techno 10 years ago, or 10+, but all those great records still sound...gasp...great! and so do some new ones! amazing! the possibilities are limitless!!

Drago
22-11-2005, 08:39 PM
he put the F in Funk

He put the "F" in funk allright.....Funking annoying :shock:

The Divide
22-11-2005, 09:27 PM
I’m sick of seeing people moaning about hearing other people moaning about state of techno

I’m also sick of people moaning about the people who are hearing the other people moaning about those other people on the forums who are also moaning about these ‘fascist skinhead techno purists in jack boots’ who are people who moan about techno not been techno anymore

But if you ask me things were much better back isn’t day with me MDMA, I was everyone’s friend and perhaps even my own :crackup:

SlavikSvensk
22-11-2005, 10:30 PM
that's it, dan, i've just about had enough of you moaning about other people moaning about other people moaning about the state of techno!

djfilthmonger
22-11-2005, 11:02 PM
I think there is great stuff out there i spent abt 200 euro each month.. and find stuff i think is great ...And i live in waterford ireland.. we are abt 2 r 3 weeks behind with the records we get ....Techno all the time!!!!

crime
22-11-2005, 11:59 PM
...about the lack of quality techno.

One word...

BOLLOCKS!

Theres loads of quality techno about. Seriously, I spend around £200 a month on vinyl still and am 100% happy with what I buy, yet friends of mine are still moaning about lack of quality records. Open your ears and eyes, theres LOADS of good shit out there.

I'm sick of cunt's moaning about the lack of quality techno without doing anything about it....

you only have the right to moan if you can do better, and then you shouldn't be moaning but making good trax.. ok, I moan, but I make trax.... to be honest, 99 % of techno is shit in my opinion, but if I didn't think that, it wouldn't drive me to write new stuff...

I look forward to this merging of minimal and techno, I believe this is the future I.E. 120 bpm minimal techno that is RUFF

davethedrummer
23-11-2005, 12:44 AM
he put the F in Funk

he also put the p in banana
but we wont go on about that

teknorich
23-11-2005, 12:12 PM
@ Crime - That´s an interesting idea, kind of like the slow Gabba thing a few years ago. I´ve got a Dreamscape mix tape at home (Dj Ribbz) and the mc is shouting "Techno does not have to be fast to be hard!" Why not produce techno at slower tempos, but with the same raw energy and attitude? Bring a bit more variation to the scene.

Si the Sigh
23-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Always remember Lenny Dee playing hardcore / gabba really slow @ Helter Skelter with Ribbz saying "it doesn't have to be fast to be hard..."

Great set as well. :clap:

schlongfingers
23-11-2005, 02:04 PM
I've not heard much minimal I don't think, but slow ruff and minimal makes me think Abe Duque... am I way off crime?

schlongfingers
23-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Scrap that actually i just had a listen to a few duque bits on juno and not what i was expecting, i've got one rec at home by him, think it's on sonic groove that fits that slow ruff minimal description, but nothing else i just listened to compares.

Jay Pace
23-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Plastikman - Spastik on a proper system with tons of subs:

Minimal and ferocious.

grain
23-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Come on and make a decent record then Dave! (joking, joking!!)

Nah, theres plenty of decent records about... although it can be hard to find the bestards.. And find the money. Ok, so I'm unemployed and I don't sell drugs so thats my own fault.....

But I've a wishlist of recent releases on Juno that tots up to around 350 euro, ready for when I sell my next invisible gnome - some people will buy anything! :lol:

grain
23-11-2005, 07:56 PM
well we wouldn't have to moan if someone went and made a decent record would we?

Sorry, I was supposed to use that quote and I also didn't realise there was another page in the thread.

I wasn't just making a random stab at Dave.
:oops:

crime
24-11-2005, 11:49 PM
I've not heard much minimal I don't think, but slow ruff and minimal makes me think Abe Duque... am I way off crime?

Check Audion, yet another alter ego of matthew dear.. rocking ruff stuff, that's a bit slower but really rocking...

Jay Pace
25-11-2005, 12:27 AM
Saw matthew dear live at Fabric on Saturday.

He played all his Audion stuff

Rocking http://www.dogsonacid.com/images/smilies/slayer.gifhttp://www.dogsonacid.com/images/smilies/slayer.gif

davethedrummer
25-11-2005, 12:36 AM

Sorry, I was supposed to use that quote and I also didn't realise there was another page in the thread.

I wasn't just making a random stab at Dave.
:oops:

if it was a stab at me it wouldn't be random would it?

oh never mind........

da hound
25-11-2005, 04:51 PM
i.m.o i think there is alot of quaility around at the mo u just have 2 listen 2 the divide wetworks lau elton d the audio assault boys wilson the anxious **** i could go on and on but then we would be here all night sweet and simple i like techno and always will no no I LOVE TECHNO and its better than ever :lol: :lol: :love: :love: :love: :love:

278d7e64a374de26f==