www.fatcollective.com/audio/distek/slappin_disco.mp3

let us know what ya fink...

cheers peeps

Si the Sigh
21-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Sounding kinda nice to me! :clap:

Si the Sigh
21-11-2005, 02:31 PM
A few sounds in there remind me of an early Hydraulix...

distek
21-11-2005, 03:26 PM
haha cheers si, by "early hydraulix" u must be reffering to no 17?? suppose it is on the same tip, its just the disco effect!! hehe cheers for ur comment m8 ;)

Si the Sigh
21-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Nah, number 3 (I think?) is the one I am thinking of, although 17 comes to mind now. Good track there anyway. Like it! Keep up the good work. :clap:

distek
21-11-2005, 04:00 PM
;)

BRADLEE
21-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Sounds really cool Wayne. Seems you found a new direction for yourself a bit too. I'm not too familiar with the hydraulix tune you guys are talking I do have some disco tech in a similar manner to this. Really like that stab noise and the nice groovey feeling to the tune. Nice Job in my humble opinion.

distek
21-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Sounds really cool Wayne. Seems you found a new direction for yourself a bit too. I'm not too familiar with the hydraulix tune you guys are talking I do have some disco tech in a similar manner to this. Really like that stab noise and the nice groovey feeling to the tune. Nice Job in my humble opinion.

ahh cheers brad!! yea i cant really remember the hydraulix track either, ill have to pull it out when i get home n have a listen!! yes i have definately found somthing new "to me" production wise, concentrating alot more on the the overall sound quality/tightness.

thanks again for your comments :lol:

dirty_bass
21-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Nice, and a good change of style.
The only nagging problem with this is the metallic grating metal riff. It`s a tad too loud. And as with a lot of the stuff of yours I hear on here, the track doesn`t really progress beyond the halfway point.
Maybe some real funked up percussion could come in, or some rising sound, or a riff or something. Something that would peak out the crowd, rather than just taking stuff away and putting the exact same stuff back after the break.

audioinjection
21-11-2005, 08:53 PM
i agree with steve on that metallic sound in there, a tad too loud....also some percussion yeah

but i like this, str8 up funky

sounds like that loop from madison ave. house track "dont call me baby"

distek
21-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Cheers steve, glad you noticed the change in production!! & yes i hold my hands up, i did get a little lazy with this 1 towards the end, & the metalic stab is a tad too loud, ill have another go at this, see if i can make the second half a bit more exciting!! cheers for ur comments tho.

@ audioinjection you named that choon in 1!! well done!! hehe i just couldnt ignore that funk!! cheers for the comments!!

i shall update the link in the next few days!! ;)

dan the acid man
24-11-2005, 05:05 PM
liking this one, quite different for you guys too, the only gripe is its lacking in top end sparkle, and sounds a little muffled

distek
24-11-2005, 06:16 PM
cheers man ;)

daftmat
24-11-2005, 08:12 PM
dont call me baby? sample?

distek
24-11-2005, 09:42 PM
dont call me baby? sample?

you got me!!

mattboyslim
24-11-2005, 09:53 PM
nicely done though mate, if a tad cheeky :-)

TripleB
10-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Wikid tune straight away things start moving & buiding. great production 2!! played this track in the masque @ nuclear audio last fri n it went off, levels sounded perfect, metalic stab poked out just rite.... ;) :dance:

distek
12-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Wikid tune straight away things start moving & buiding. great production 2!! played this track in the masque @ nuclear audio last fri n it went off, levels sounded perfect, metalic stab poked out just rite.... ;) :dance:

Cheers peeps!! ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==