PDA

View Full Version :  Top five DJs/PA’s

IvorRingingInMyEars
26-10-2002, 02:03 AM
Top five DJs/PA’s (everyone can throw a few names in the bag but please write a few words to let the rest of the board know why you think they really are so good).

1.DJ Rush –Heard him a few times and has been impressed every time. His mixing skills are not close to the standards of Hawtin or Beyer, but fuk me does this guy know how to get the crowd going, one after another, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM… He never plays too fast, its just right and always hard as fuk… Amazing stuff.

2.Green Velvet – Heard his live set at the Reading Festival last year and it was awesome. Just hearing Red Light (in my opinion the best Green Velvet tune), Flash and The answering machine live, probably made my year… Wicked stuff.

3.Dave Clarke – His greatest set (in my opinion) was in the Glastonbury dance tent. He was playing the same time as the Chemical Brothers, I made the right choice. His set was awesome; I have never seen a crowd react so well to techno in my entire life, the man is truly gifted!!!

4.Billy Nasty – Another true great, you never know what to expect from him. He is absolutely brilliant a building his set up. His ability to wein a house music crowd into techno frenzy is amazing.

5.Marco Carola – Some compare his style to Jell Mills, I’ve never heard Jeff Mills but if he sounds as good as this chap you could not go wrong. His mixing is spot on and his choice of tunes, well look at some of the tunes he’s produced. Nuff said…

Sorry to leave you out Mark but you are up against some stiff competion…

zoki
26-10-2002, 03:28 AM
in no order...

Steve Rachmad - heard this man only once but it was one of the best 3 deck hard minimal techno sets i have heard in some time.

Marco Carola - 3 deck master. getting a bit softer as of late. Probably the smoothest of the bunch.

Valentino Kanzyani - Saw him for the first time a few weeks back..very creative smooth mixing. the guy has a blast behind the decks..you cant help but get into it.

Adam Beyer - rocked a boat party here in nyc this summer...i thought the boat was going to sink.

Sven Vath - always loved the diversity and the guy is a pure nutjob.

mills and hawtin are always a given.

-z

Esox Lucius
26-10-2002, 11:07 AM
1) ben sims ~ my fav techno turntablist.... the man is a genius.

2) surgeon ~ need i say more!

3) ade fenton

4) billy nasty

5) dave clarke

fav producers

1) rue east

2) anthony rother

3) inigo kennedy

4) ben sims

5) surgeon

IvorRingingInMyEars
26-10-2002, 02:18 PM
Must agree with Zoki Adam Beyer Rocks, heard in Ibiza last summer and guy is @#%$ mental. His mixing abilities are spot on.

If any of you have not heard is style download his set from The Timewarp 06/04/2002 (djsets.com). It is fuking amazing.

Adverse
26-10-2002, 09:15 PM
don't get out to much lives/dj's anymore. so i'll just state that ben sims is the best dj i've ever seen (not my kind of tunes though).

my fave producers.

1. Glenn Wilson

2. The Anxious (TAKIN OVAAAAA!)

3. Dean Rodell

4. Hardcell & Bacto (usually only together)

5. Stanny Franssen

Sam1978
26-10-2002, 10:01 PM
DJs (some of my favs):

Surgeon

Derrick May

Marco Carola

Charles Siegling (Technasia)

Ben Sims

PAs:

The Advent

Plastikman

Holy Ghost

TripleX
27-10-2002, 12:44 AM
Producer:

1. Glenn Wilson, his music just kicks ass!

2.Gaetano Parisio, that guy has an amzing groove in almost every record, and they`re so easy to mix=)

3.the Anxious, their tracks are like wilson, pure anger

4. Ignition Technician, they got a good mixture between hard and softer tracks, i love wedafuqawi

Dj:

Rush, he´s the one who makes me bounce on the dancefloor

like nobody else, plays the records i like most and has an amazing attitude.

Edited by: TripleX at: 10/26/02 6:45:34 pm

eyes without a face
27-10-2002, 01:52 AM
1) Ade Fenton - overtaken Clarkey as my fave, the mans just got such energy behind the decks and he's got a nice, fast cut up style

2) Dave Clarke - wot more needs to b said

3) Adam Beyer - my oh my went to see him last nite, the mans a ****in legend, sound as @#%$ too and even played his set with no shoes on!

4) Richard Wilkinson - one half of Ignition Technician and he is one heck of a Dj, fast hard techno with some amazing electro now and then

5) Dj C1 - not as hard as the rest but my word can this guy get a crowd going

web of deception
28-10-2002, 02:46 PM
1. laurent garnier - no explanation needed.

2. cristian varela - always trying new tricks on 4 tables.

3. ben sims - i saw him in detroit at an afterparty and he was perfect.

4. marco carola - when he's in the zone, he's flawless.

5. mr. mark eg - he can break a turntable cover on his head, and still finish a mix without missing a beat.

krakp0t
01-11-2002, 09:50 PM
live pa -

acid junkies

speedy j

cari + joel

hatwin

stewart walker

advent

dj -

rush

henry cullen

mills

dave clarke

billy nasty

jay denham

gaetano

misstress barbara

suburban knight

krakp0t
01-11-2002, 09:56 PM
duh. forgot joey beltram.

DJPAUZE
13-11-2002, 09:00 AM
Top 5 djs for me:

MARK EG

CRISTIAN VARELA

DAVE THE DRUMMER

ANDREI MORANT

DAVE CLARKE

LIVE PA'S TOP 5

DAVE THE DRUMMER

MARK EG

GLENN WILSON (OH MY WORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!!!!!!!!!!)

SPEEDY J

REGIS LIVE

13-11-2002, 03:42 PM
God mate, that PA I did in Brazil must've impressed you! hahaha... Respex...

TRB
13-11-2002, 11:37 PM
DJ SET:

Christian Varela (4 Decks)

DJ Murphy (3 Decks) (Brazilian DJ)

Mark EG

Dave The Drummer

Dave Clarke

LIVE PA:

Glenn Wilson

Mark EG

Dave The Drummer

Green Velvet

Anonymous
07-02-2003, 09:52 PM
Personally, I think there are some appalling choices there. Anyway.....

Jeff Mills
Derrick May
Stacey Pullen
DJ Bone
Suburban Knight

Could go on and on ad infinitum...........

ROD
07-02-2003, 11:53 PM
for me this are the best djs.

1st DAVE THE DRUMMER (no commentssss)

2nd ROWLAND THE BASTARD

3rd CHRIS LIBERATOR

4th MURPHY 3 dex

5th MARCO NASTIK 3 dex and some vodkas in the hand

LIVE PA
i didnt see too much pas in my life but thats i saw.

1st guy mc affer

2nd DAVE THE DRUMMER 15 min i saw

3rd gleen wilson

peace
ROD

ampassasinbirmingham
08-02-2003, 03:26 PM
1) Jeff Mills- Abselute techno wizard!!
2) Dave Clarke- Bit serious but he gets down to business.
3) Richie Hawtin- Techno Genious. This man can create he biggest drop from the most tameset tune.

All of those three are a given really as they make techno look Good!

4) Steve Rachmad- Saw him at AJ and he kicked it hard
5) Speedy J- Those build ups are imense!

BOXY
11-02-2003, 01:50 PM
WOT ABOUT
COLIN FAVOR
DAVE ANGEL
TREVOR ROCKLIFFE
COLIN DALE
JEFF MILLS

NOW THEY ARE WICKED TECHNO DJS

Techno-warlord
11-02-2003, 06:28 PM
It seems everyone just loves Clarke and Mills.

Mills for no messin, tune playing madness. The amount of tunes he gets through is unbelievable. Who cares about the occasional off-beat mix when you are seeing a legend. Every time he plays "the bells", I go mental !

Clarke is the king of the effects. Never dissapointed by what he plays and the set is updated regularly. Watch in disbelief (if you're that sad). My personal favourite.

Ben Simms. The shear hardgroove style of his techno is just class. Rolls and rolls and rolls and ...... you get the point.

Luke Slater. No-one mentioned him. Only seen once but was a techno set second to none. Definitely want to see again but playing techno please.

And for something a bit different (and it is a completely different style really), D.A.V.E. the Drummer is always worth seeing. Had some great nights in little rave holes listening to him.

Techno huh !!

Richie Hawtin is the bounciest minimal techno. Sounds wicked everytime. Could go on and on actually..............

Jimfish
11-02-2003, 06:31 PM
well apart from the obvious lot i think these guys deserve a few props - they really are very very good at what they do....:-

Mark Williams dj
Gaetano Parisio dj
Gardel live

Adverse
11-02-2003, 06:36 PM
i agree... i don't think mark williams gets enough credit.

Jimfish
11-02-2003, 06:57 PM
too true... he's been doin it ****in' years...but keeps gettin knocked back just when he starts getting somwhere...The geezer used to work with leftfield and produce on sub base... he had stuff in the charts and was responsible for loads of those old skool tunes like that racheal wallace one, hes also toured wiv coxy and tortured... but as i said, whenever he gets somwhere something happens that knocks him down...bummer.
As far as im concerned he's one of the best 3 deck boys going - as he ought to be cos hes been doin it 15 years or more... hes been a good friend to me and i really want to see him get the recognition he deserves... quality i say

Adverse
11-02-2003, 08:40 PM
shame really.. i love everything he's touched.

Jimfish
11-02-2003, 08:50 PM
oh mate...have you got a track with some phat pads in it going on ADV01 - if so you are a lucky man....that tune was devastating at the fridge...

Adverse
11-02-2003, 08:53 PM
ok now i have to get my hands on a copy of that set!!! yep the pads track is the title track. so i believe..

Jimfish
11-02-2003, 09:10 PM
i think its going to be an album if my shoddy memory serves me right somthing to do with mr wilson....

mr wiiiiiilsooon!!!!!

Adverse
11-02-2003, 09:14 PM
could be that latest finding lp coming on Planet Rhythm

zaalmoetlos
12-02-2003, 03:32 PM
no 1
must be Hawtin this guy is allways 5 years ahead of everyone

no 2
must be Laurent Garnier for his programming interesting from beginning to end

no 3
must be ltj bukem for he is the first dj i heard on old yaman mixtapes

no 4
must be surgeon dark deep and phat

no 5
must be beyer/lekebusch/mulero/liebing depending on my mood

saki nzyme
12-02-2003, 08:39 PM
it has to be d.a.v.e the drummer @ geezer b2b live pa

amazing :)

gunjack
13-02-2003, 03:02 AM
no 1
must be Hawtin this guy is allways 5 years ahead of everyone

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~latuman/forum/incorrect.jpg

Adverse
13-02-2003, 03:29 AM
muahahaha

Elle
13-02-2003, 01:19 PM
in any order:
ben sims

dave clarke

adam beyer

dave angel

mark eg-because it was listening to his old tapes on a battery powered stereo in the park with me mates when i was14 that got me into underground music!!!

Spooney
13-02-2003, 05:29 PM
My top 5:-

DAVE THE DRUMMER

MARK EG

GUY MCAFFER

CHRIS LIBERATOR

GLENN WILSON

:twisted:

deegregg
19-02-2003, 09:59 PM
dave clarke
mark broom
mark williams
joel mull
dalo

Dustin Zahn
03-03-2003, 08:41 PM
DJs:

Adam Beyer - Just plain bangin'
Marco Carola - No doubt one of the most skilled out there
Umek - Sometimes a hit and miss, he skills are amazing when he is on point.
Cristian Varela - I think the track selection is boring but he is too ****ing skilled.
Chris Liebing In Scranz mode - When he plays all nuts that shit is the best.

Live PA:

Speedy J - Try and beat him.
Hardcell and Par Grindvik - tribalism meets old school rave
The Advent - no explanation needed
The Attack People - sick bastards
Alexander Kowalski - sick sick sick.

Of course, my opinion changes on a daily basis.

Adverse
03-03-2003, 08:55 PM
you really count yourself in the top 5?

Dustin Zahn
03-03-2003, 09:11 PM
It was a joke. Hence, the "sick bastards" description. I threw it in there because I'm having a really hard time thinking of other live acts I've enjoyed.

Anonymous
04-03-2003, 01:53 PM
DJs:

Cristian Varela - I think the track selection is boring but he is too **** skilled.

That list would be my BOTTOM 5. Without wanting to be harsh, Dustin, do you honestly think a Dj is "good" becasue they are "Just PLAIN bangin'"??
Or, someone who's hit and miss??? To me, hit and miss = sh*t. There are plenty of DJ's out there that NEVER miss.
You say Varela plays boring tracks- Top DJ eh???? :roll:

Scranz?? Do me a favour!!!

I wish people would think a little harder, rather than just listen for hardness. :arrow:

Esox Lucius
04-03-2003, 03:08 PM
ryan, if people like different dj`s to you is that a crime?

i would say 90% of the people on this board like very hard techno, you talk about hit & miss = sh*t.... mills is unbelievably hit & miss! so is mills sh*t?

Anonymous
04-03-2003, 03:15 PM
ryan, if people like different dj`s to you is that a crime?

i would say 90% of the people on this board like very hard techno, you talk about hit & miss = sh*t.... mills is unbelievably hit & miss! so is mills sh*t?

Mills isn't hit and miss. He's a legend and a pioneer, and has influence techno music (arguably) more than any other. I've never heard him play a bad set in a club, ever.

Consistency makes a good DJ.

Patrick
04-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Ryan, I've got to pitch in my tuppence worth in full agreement with you about Jeff Mills. Mills seems to have taken a bit of a kicking on this forum lately and I for one can't understand it. To me, the man is a legend and a pioneer and the cause, reason and influence behind much of the techno we're listening to now.
Mills is a superstar in ability only, not in any prima donna attitude, as someone suggested in another thread. Case in point : After we had just witnessed him play a phenomenal set on that barge in Bristol (The Thekla ? sorry, my memory for names isn't great) on three decks with two 909's, we got chatting to him. My mate, being the cheeky chap that he is, mentioned a free party we were involved with the next night and asked him if he fancied playing. Mills face lit up, wanted to know more about this "real underground" and then agreed to come along. Unfortunately his uk based agent earwigged the conversation, stepped in and put a stop to what he, not Jeff, considered to be an inappropriate direction for him to be taking. Scuppered, but I still remember the genuine apology and genuine regret from Jeff when he couldn't do it. I don't think the man is a good enough actor to have faked the reaction, nor can I think he would have any reason to.
Also for the record, I have never witnessed a set, before or since, that came anywhere close to what he was doing that night. Layering the 909's, elbow scratching, EQ crunching, bringing two decks straight into the mix of 909 and other turntable and holding the tempo by hand as he pitched up/down without even cueing first. Awesome.
And one last little point from the history books. When the Detroit Holy Trinity of May, Saunderson and Atkins were lying around listening to the radio and being heavily influenced, who were they listening to ? One of their two major influences was a radio DJ known as The Wizard, a.k.a Jeff Mills. Have some respect people !
Apologies for the long post, but I felt it needed saying.

detfella
04-03-2003, 05:25 PM
Just because the guy is a techno legend doesn't make him consistantly good behind the decks. He always pulls in a great crowd becuase of who he is, but I find him playing the same tracks all the time...too many bells and jaguars. His early sets as the Wizard are amazing (mixing & scratching hiphop, electro, funk et al). Mill's style to me is when he fcuks it up with EQ, dropping tracks in straight away, which is why he's gonna make mistakes now & again. You've probably never heard him play a bad set in a club cos you've been off your tits and the crowd are going mental, but listening to his sets straight proves he is sometimes hit and miss. I'd still put him high in my list but Sims & Hawtin flick my switch whatever mood i'm in.

Ben Sims
Richie Hawtin
Jeff Mills
Derrick May
Adam Beyer
T-1000

Speedy J has got to be the world's greatest techno PA.

BTW if anyone wants some of Mill's early sets you can find me on winmx.

Anonymous
04-03-2003, 05:53 PM
Just because the guy is a techno legend doesn't make him consistantly good behind the decks. He always pulls in a great crowd becuase of who he is, but I find him playing the same tracks all the time...too many bells and jaguars. His early sets as the Wizard are amazing (mixing & scratching hiphop, electro, funk et al). Mill's style to me is when he fcuks it up with EQ, dropping tracks in straight away, which is why he's gonna make mistakes now & again. You've probably never heard him play a bad set in a club cos you've been off your tits and the crowd are going mental, but listening to his sets straight proves he is sometimes hit and miss. I'd still put him high in my list but Sims & Hawtin flick my switch whatever mood i'm in.

Ben Sims
Richie Hawtin
Jeff Mills
Derrick May
Adam Beyer
T-1000

Speedy J has got to be the world's greatest techno PA.

BTW if anyone wants some of Mill's early sets you can find me on winmx.

I'd appreciate if you didn't make grand assumptions, Detfella. Being "off your tits" has absolutely NO bearing on the situation, whatsoever. I'm not 19 years old, you know! I appreciate what is GOOD, irregardless of my state of my mind. I agree, he has been dropping "hits" of late, but I saw him last weekend, and there wasn't any sign of "Bells", "Jaguar", "Blackwater" etc. Just good quailty, underground techno, mixed in his INIMITABLE style, which over the past few years has progressed to what can only be described now as flawless.
You're list of artists is interesting, but I would disagree with Sims and Beyer. To me, Sims (and I agree his technical prowess is awesome) just plays loopy, tribal techno, with no variation, no imagination. It's cool if people like this, there are far worse DJ's to listen to, but he's hardly in the same league as Mills, May, Oldham etc.

Beyer, doesn't inspire me- LOUD pressings, and a harder faster mentality doesn't spell purveyor to me, it spells boring.

Hawtin- well, whatever happened to Richie eh?? Platikman as a live act will probably never be beaten, but his DJ'ing leaves a lot to be desired. Technically great, but for someone who has such an awesome production history, you'd think he'd find a decent record shop/intenet site to get his tunes from, because they are the most soul-less tracks I have ever heard. I wish I knew (and I'm sure countless others do to) what happened.............

detfella
04-03-2003, 07:14 PM
Ok, so I assumed that being messy clouds your judgement of the music. I take that back. What I find is that a lot of people get carried away in a club when a legend is behind the decks and the crowd is going wild to every track (regardless of its quality). I think a key element of techno is being in the club environment when everything is kicking off and the atmosphere is electric. A good atmosphere can make a poor dj sound infinitly better IMO. Thats why people still insist on seeing CJ Bolland play @ Orbit (!) cos he pulls in the noisy crowd.

Agreed; Sims' does play a lot of tribal loopy techno (which on its own isn't awe-inspiring) but his beat juggling, scratching and record manipulation is second to none in the techno world (even Claude Young is messy in comparison). It's his technical "prowess" that makes him so varied and imaginative. Maybe it helps that he came from a hip-hop background.

I know what you mean about Beyer, but like Beltram & Mills before him he heralded a new style of techno. I think his productions are top notch and let's be honest who hasn't got at least a couple drumcodes. His djing is maybe a little stagnant (or clean-cut) but he is consistant and plays some real choice tracks. Everytime I've seen him he has totally blown me away...he seems to hold the beat so that you just have to keep dancing harder, he never lets the crowd rest.

I can't compare Richie's djing to his plastikman act cos I've never witnessed it....but i'm sure you're right. Soul-less tracks....hmmm.... i might get some shit for saying this but, i've never really thought of techno as being soulfull (maybe early detroit). Don't get me wrong, I love techno, but its more rhythmical and tribal, produced using machines.

Dustin Zahn
04-03-2003, 08:14 PM
DJs:

Cristian Varela - I think the track selection is boring but he is too **** skilled.

That list would be my BOTTOM 5. Without wanting to be harsh, Dustin, do you honestly think a Dj is "good" becasue they are "Just PLAIN bangin'"??
Or, someone who's hit and miss??? To me, hit and miss = sh*t. There are plenty of DJ's out there that NEVER miss.
You say Varela plays boring tracks- Top DJ eh???? :roll:

Scranz?? Do me a favour!!!

I wish people would think a little harder, rather than just listen for hardness. :arrow:

Excuse me, think before you speak. All the DJs I listed aren't DJs who just play glenn wilson records for 4 straight hours. Carola and Umek? They play pretty ****in' housey in my opinion. When I say hit or miss, sometimes I like the stuff they play, sometimes I don't. If you think that's shit then I'm sorry, you're in the wrong scene, it happens to the BEST of us. And yeah, Varela does play some boring tracks, but his skills make up for it, and I'm confident he can mix anyone under the table on this forum.

And before you choose to harp on me, do your ****ing research. These DJs don't always bang it hard. I don't always bang it hard. I am just as much into tech house as I am into hard techno, even my productions show.

Furthermore, everyone of the DJs I listed is highly skilled technically. I'm not about to take slack from someone who gets a hard-on at the sight of the name Jeff Mills.

Do your homework, thats all I have to say.

Esox Lucius
04-03-2003, 08:18 PM
imo sims is the most technical dj i have ever seen, being mainly into tribal looped techno it`s no suprise i don`t see it as boring.

he is my fav dj, always has been and i imagine always will be.

Anonymous
04-03-2003, 10:22 PM
Ok, so I assumed that being messy clouds your judgement of the music. I take that back. What I find is that a lot of people get carried away in a club when a legend is behind the decks and the crowd is going wild to every track (regardless of its quality). I think a key element of techno is being in the club environment when everything is kicking off and the atmosphere is electric. A good atmosphere can make a poor dj sound infinitely better IMO. That’s why people still insist on seeing CJ Bolland play @ Orbit (!) cos he pulls in the noisy crowd.

Fair enough. That makes more sense now. It doesn’t apply to me, however, not now anyway. From a tender age I was attending techno clubs, and at that time the atmos/substances certainly played the major part. As I got older, wiser, more knowledgeable (?) my taste began to mature. I suppose it still is maturing. Back then it was the Mills/Mays etc that REALLY made an impression, musically, as opposed to me having a hoot in the club with the music taking second place. Now, the Mills and Mays appeal even more than they did then, and infinitely more than the mere “soundtrack” providers from that time. (Who are still going “strong.”) I’m not saying that the vibe at a club is not important, I just don’t think it’s anywhere near as important as the music.

Agreed; Sims' does play a lot of tribal loopy techno (which on its own isn't awe-inspiring) but his beat juggling, scratching and record manipulation is second to none in the techno world (even Claude Young is messy in comparison). It's his technical "prowess" that makes him so varied and imaginative. Maybe it helps that he came from a hip-hop background.

No question, he’s a tuntablist extraordinaire. But still no question, that the music is more important. (As I mentioned, I respect him, but the music don’t do it for me really, and that's what I believe to be paramount.)

I know what you mean about Beyer, but like Beltram & Mills before him he heralded a new style of techno. I think his productions are top notch and let's be honest who hasn't got at least a couple drumcodes. His djing is maybe a little stagnant (or clean-cut) but he is consistent and plays some real choice tracks. Every time I've seen him he has totally blown me away...he seems to hold the beat so that you just have to keep dancing harder, he never lets the crowd rest.

“Good” (technically) DJ, perhaps, and I do indeed own a couple of DC’s (earlier ones and a limited release), but the vast majority are just monotonous, and formulaic. Don’t know about a new style of techno, it was basically hard, looping and percussive, which wasn't original. The only real difference, in general was the fact that it was pressed onto the vinyl incredibly loud!
Beyer fully represents that sound, but for me, it’s one that isn’t varied or musically challenging.

Soul-less tracks....hmmm.... I might get some shit for saying this but, I’ve never really thought of techno as being soulful (maybe early detroit). Don't get me wrong, I love techno, but its more rhythmical and tribal, produced using machines.

I didn’t mean Barry White soul, just trying to sum up the feeling I require from the music. Richies DJ’ing just seems to encompass records that bang. That’s it. There’s no soul, or feeling. Not from where I’m standing anyway. It’s a pity, and you may think that I just don’t care about what he has done, but truth of the matter is, he immersed me into techno (through his production) nearly as much as Mills did. So much so, I had the Plastikman logo permanently etched into my left arm.

Anyway, please don’t think I’m being harsh, I enjoy these discussions, especially when they remain intelligent, and devoid of personal attack……………..
:arrow:

Anonymous
04-03-2003, 10:50 PM
Excuse me, think before you speak. All the DJs I listed aren't DJs who just play glenn wilson records for 4 straight hours. Carola and Umek?

Do I strike you as somebody that doesn’t think? I read what you had written, and I disagree (and questioned your reasoning). That’s what discussions are about.

They play pretty ****' housey in my opinion. When I say hit or miss, sometimes I like the stuff they play, sometimes I don't. If you think that's shit then I'm sorry, you're in the wrong scene, it happens to the BEST of us.

They don’t play housey. They play techno, who perhaps incorporate house into their sets (which is by no means rare within the techno scene these days.) Hit and miss, fine, but can’t you think of any DJ’s that always play music you love? Not a duff track? If you can’t, you’re not looking hard enough.

And yeah, Varela does play some boring tracks, but his skills make up for it, and I'm confident he can mix anyone under the table on this forum.

Boring tracks = Boring DJ. There’s so much good music out there, why can’t these guys seem to find it? Is it because they are perhaps content with playing the tunes from the Distributors, as opposed to seeking out good music? Maybe, maybe not. Irregardless, there’s no excuse for playing boring music.
As for mixing anyone under the table, so what?? I’m sure you’ve heard every DJ on this board play before, haven’t you?? Unlikely. Point is, that is whether he actually can “mix anyone under the table” is irrelevant. Would he sound good mixing Pop records together?? Of course not, because the music is what matters.

And before you choose to harp on me, do your **** research. These DJs don't always bang it hard. I don't always bang it hard. I am just as much into tech house as I am into hard techno, even my productions show.

Yet again, do I seem like someone who just blindly throws opinions into the pot? (RHETORICAL QUESTION!)
I dunno what you’re “harping on” about the hardness of the music. The hardness isn’t relevant, the quality is. And for the record, I never made one comment directed towards your music, so stop getting so defensive.

Furthermore, everyone of the DJs I listed is highly skilled technically. I'm not about to take slack from someone who gets a hard-on at the sight of the name Jeff Mills.

This would be amusing, that is if you had intended it to be. No need to be insulting, Dustin. I have a great love for music, and maybe that’s what you’re sensing in my posts. A bit of passion. Do you know what I’m talking about?? If you did, I don’t think you’d have made such a ridiculous statement.

Do your homework, thats all I have to say.

Well, it’s 21.50 pm now, so I reckon I’ve done enough for today. Have you done yours yet??

Dustin Zahn
04-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Hey, I'm not looking to start fights here. Its clear we have two different views on this subject. And I respect your decision as long as you respect mine, and thats all there should be to it, really.

Buttman
05-03-2003, 03:15 AM
You are all fartnuts! I, Nacho Vidal and Rocco are the best live-act.

Buttman
05-03-2003, 04:00 AM
Hey, I'm not looking to start fights here. Its clear we have two different views on this subject. And I respect your decision as long as you respect mine, and thats all there should be to it, really.

Bend over.

Buttman
05-03-2003, 04:05 AM
Techno:
O'Connor, Child, J. Richardson, Wünsch, Rico.
:!:

Anonymous
05-03-2003, 09:48 AM

Likewise. I respect any persons opinions, as long as they have some reasoning behind them. As I said, I just want to have some quailty discussions.........

278d7e64a374de26f==