PDA

View Full Version : self absorbed techno superstars webites should be BANNED!!!

davethedrummer
21-11-2005, 07:43 PM
sorry but i've just been checking out lots of sites looking for mailing address
and i have to say it
what a bunch of twats!
honestly some of the sites with the geezer posing with his f#cking dark glasses on make you want to puke!
( titanium , marco bailey etc etc etc you know who you are)
i'm sorry but every so often i look around to see what people are getting up to
and at the moment all i see are a bunch over over aged tossers trying to look like they've just been auditioning for take that or some other boy band.

yeah i can handle cool people and cool sites

it's naff old dickheads wearing shades with horrible spikey hair that look like they desperately want to shag young girls i have trouble with!

grow up you bunch of morons that's all i can say

and ritchie get a f#cking haircut!!! you look like a right c@nt

rant at 7.36pm gmt by dave the plumber

so there you go

the gloves are off !

gary_human
21-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Instead of mailing your stuff to "self absorbed techno superstars" why not send any free records and stuff to those who dont have self absorbed websites.

Oh! by the way I dont have a website - blag blag

lol

alsynthe
21-11-2005, 07:55 PM
haha spot on with that one!!!

Technobitch
21-11-2005, 08:04 PM
haha spot on with that one!!!

i'd have to agree! funny guy this dave the plumber!

dan the acid man
21-11-2005, 08:37 PM
marco baileys sites overly flashy too, it takes you 30 minutes to work out what to click on

eyeswithoutaface
21-11-2005, 10:06 PM
i got that confused on Marco Bailey's website one night i actually considered quitting everything, production, djing, techno, selling all my gear and just going full time at McDonalds. It was that bad.

Dave the Drummer, good call, seriously.

bring back the days of HTML in Word and drop down menu's in Frontpage that never worked, but we all had them

rhythmtech
21-11-2005, 10:06 PM
has henry got PMS?

dan the acid man
21-11-2005, 10:18 PM
pre mix stress :?: :lol:

eyeswithoutaface
21-11-2005, 10:20 PM
*hands Dan his coat....again*

rhythmtech
21-11-2005, 10:22 PM
pre mix stress :?: :lol:

.... just leave. :doh:

koma
21-11-2005, 10:27 PM
too many posers in techno deffo.

dan the acid man
21-11-2005, 11:17 PM
it wasn't that bad was it :oops: :oops:

alsynthe
21-11-2005, 11:18 PM
erm yea dan

audioinjection
21-11-2005, 11:22 PM
:lol:

Foxxxy
22-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Dear Lord,
Last time I logged in this forum was hyperegulated... a couple of months on and what do I find? The usually reserved and balanced Dave The Drummer (are you THAT one?) unleashing negativity towards other DJs. :roll:
I share your views though ;)

dan the acid man
22-11-2005, 12:24 AM
its not negativity towards their dj'ing though, just their over pompous, ego filled, look at me aren't i great sites

dirty_bass
22-11-2005, 12:52 AM
Kill all the DJ`s, screw their grannies and piss on their lawns.
that`ll tech `em

Stodgy
22-11-2005, 02:29 AM
That's the funniest thing I've read in ages :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol:

The Overfiend
22-11-2005, 09:02 AM
I think other people have a hand in Marco's career. When I met him in New York he seemed genuinely tired.
Like he wants to play what he wants to play, and he did a proper set.
But he was tired, he expressed it in a heartfelt way.
I don't support image, at all. I do believe the music speaks for itself.
But yeah I do agree with the whole Be yourself idea Dave is speaking from.
We all know it's not him, when him and G Force both came out they had pony tails and long hair, booking agents come along and they look like revlon commercials. At the end of the day people want to get paid, and do what they need to, to make money.
When your cost of living goes up, and that hot ass teeny bopper wants to bone because you got a decent haircut and can beatmatch wouldnt you get a shapeup and wear a diesel tshirt while spinning?

davethedrummer
22-11-2005, 09:25 AM
yeah sorry
i was being negative yesterday
but i still stand behind what i said.
normally i wouldn't launch an attack , but in this case i make an exception, and here's why:

cool graphics : yes they are a good thing indeed

flashy intros with ( a choice of ) annoying music loops : no please no make it stop!

information about releases : great!

super complicated rollover menus that make you push the mouse around the whole screen to find : no please make it stop!

press photos tucked away so they can be downloaded if need be: totally cool

plastering the entire site with pictures of yourself in various "crazy" outfits: naff as hell go directly to woolworths do not pass deisel do not collect £20,000 in dj fees

anyway , it's all meant in good humour
just having a dig really and having a laugh , you have to admit there are many sites that are pretty overblown these days ( no, i know mine definitely wouldnt count !)
it's a competition isn't it!
but it's naff too.
and it's not just about m.bailey either , his site has always been extremely flash , but there are many more believe me.

i'll get my coat

Si the Sigh
22-11-2005, 09:45 AM
:lol:

The Divide
22-11-2005, 11:49 AM
bring back the days of HTML in Word and drop down menu's in Frontpage that never worked, but we all had them

The Divide
22-11-2005, 11:50 AM
:clap:

alsynthe
22-11-2005, 11:52 AM
i think speedy j's is the most complicated site to navigate!! takes ages to work it otu and i still cant navigate it properly

TechMouse
22-11-2005, 11:55 AM
I'll say this: Most so-called "web developers", who may be very talented graphic artists, and may know 1001 cool tricks you can do with Macromedia flash, know absolutely dick-all when it comes to ergonomics and user-interface design. There's nothing like sitting down with either A) An IT-illiterate person or B) a child, and seeing how they cope with your site and what ideas they have.

man_d
22-11-2005, 12:10 PM

flashy intros with ( a choice of ) annoying music loops : no please no make it stop!

super complicated rollover menus that make you push the mouse around the whole screen to find : no please make it stop!

www.djmisjah.com

Exactly what it says on the tin.

Udy
22-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Im all for information first, downloads second and flashy random bollocks last.
After all it is the Information Superhighway, not the Superconfusion B-Road.

davethedrummer
22-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Im all for information first, downloads second and flashy random bollocks last.
After all it is the Information Superhighway, not the Superconfusion B-Road.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

gary_human
22-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Superconfusion B-Road.

sounds like a good name for a club night ;) lol

audioinjection
22-11-2005, 08:44 PM
haha yeah misjah's site says it str8 up

djshiva
22-11-2005, 08:46 PM
i think speedy j's is the most complicated site to navigate!! takes ages to work it otu and i still cant navigate it properly

no kidding! i tried working my way around that and gave up after 10 minutes of utter confusion. wtf? i want info, not a damn puzzle that i have to get a degree in physics to figure out. what's the point of having a website if no one can figure out how to read the damn thing.

heavy beats
22-11-2005, 08:51 PM
hahah, i need to get a cool pair of shades. :dance:

The Divide
22-11-2005, 09:31 PM
www.djmisjah.com

Exactly what it says on the tin.

Thats a refreshing change

I heard you need a phd in quantum mechanics to understand speedy j's website

The Divide
22-11-2005, 09:33 PM
I have to admit, it looks good tho

crime
22-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Promo has overtaken true art.....

and that is true throughout the whole thing..
makes me just want to learn how to play keyboards properly, so maybe I could play like herbie hancock (Although I never believe I could achieve that really)....

Dustin Zahn
23-11-2005, 01:17 AM
Oscar Mulero's site is a pretty good example of using flash to its full potential (especially in the programming sense) and not making you work to hard to find the information. I remember last time I visited Marco Bailey's site all I remember is some shit about entering a jacuzzi (hot tub) or something?

The Divide
23-11-2005, 01:59 AM
This ones my fav

The Divide
23-11-2005, 01:59 AM
http://www.inigokennedy.com/

holotropik
23-11-2005, 03:12 AM
Yeah I like the Kennedy site too.....fantastic work.

rowland the bastard
23-11-2005, 06:20 PM
has henry got PMS?

no just a shit site!!!!!!

rowland the bastard
23-11-2005, 06:21 PM
has henry got PMS?

no just a shit site!!!!!!

right! i really didnt mean that i just couldnt resist, honestly, sorry

rowland the bastard
23-11-2005, 06:31 PM
yeah sorry
i was being negative yesterday
but i still stand behind what i said.
normally i wouldn't launch an attack , but in this case i make an exception, and here's why:

plastering the entire site with pictures of yourself in various "crazy" outfits: naff as hell go directly to woolworths do not pass deisel do not collect £20,000 in dj fees

anyway , it's all meant in good humour
just having a dig really and having a laugh , you have to admit there are many sites that are pretty overblown these days ( no, i know mine definitely wouldnt count !)
it's a competition isn't it!
but it's naff too.
and it's not just about m.bailey either , his site has always been extremely flash , but there are many more believe me.

i'll get my coat

i think you should mate, before you met the lovely J you used to where suede coats and your hair was perfect along wih the crease in your stides mush, AND your press pic up to recently was you with a pair of raybans on. explain yourself young looking man

rowland the bastard
23-11-2005, 06:39 PM
alot of sites are now an artform within themselves, i think the developers forget that its a promotional tool to promote your business, you want people to think your business is cool so you tart it up abit, nice big sign on the front etc, if your a dj you are the business and your doing the same aint ya, not saying i agree with it all just saying i can see the point in it, i hate wih a passion websites that you cant navigate around properly, im a thicky and i like it laid out on a plate (just like me birds) nah lol joke, soz! seriously, some geez earlyer on in this thread is right html man! its got verything you need, INFO!!!

davethedrummer
23-11-2005, 10:54 PM
alot of sites are now an artform within themselves, i think the developers forget that its a promotional tool to promote your business, you want people to think your business is cool so you tart it up abit, nice big sign on the front etc, if your a dj you are the business and your doing the same aint ya, not saying i agree with it all just saying i can see the point in it, i hate wih a passion websites that you cant navigate around properly, im a thicky and i like it laid out on a plate (just like me birds) nah lol joke, soz! seriously, some geez earlyer on in this thread is right html man! its got verything you need, INFO!!!

well a cool looking site is still a cool looking site
fine , there's plenty of great sites around that combine great programming with easy navigation sure.
but its the pictures of the dj prancing around trying to look cool that really get me.
i mean you epect pictures of an artist on his website. but some are just so.......naff!!!!
i'm not going to mention names but there's plenty out there and i'm sure you know who they are.
and yeah the speedy j site .......omg.........what did he do there???
i did manage to get into some parts of it eventually and downloaded some screensavers
( how incredibly useful i thought....and then deleted them.)
but don't ask me to repeat the manouvers , it must be juts a good way to save bandwidth. ;)

DrewDavid
24-11-2005, 12:03 AM
I view Speedy J's site as kinda like the Radiohead site... arty and high-concept, but not very easy to navigate. I agree with the general bitchfest here - Bailey's site definitely needs to be ripped apart, but I haven't come across many others like it.

rowland the bastard
24-11-2005, 08:39 AM

well a cool looking site is still a cool looking site
fine , there's plenty of great sites around that combine great programming with easy navigation sure.
but its the pictures of the dj prancing around trying to look cool that really get me.
i mean you epect pictures of an artist on his website. but some are just so.......naff!!!!
i'm not going to mention names but there's plenty out there and i'm sure you know who they are.
and yeah the speedy j site .......omg.........what did he do there???
i did manage to get into some parts of it eventually and downloaded some screensavers
( how incredibly useful i thought....and then deleted them.)
but don't ask me to repeat the manouvers , it must be juts a good way to save bandwidth. ;)

you have a far point h, the only stipulaion i made when designing mine (or rather looking around and getting inpiration) was that it had to be easy to navigate! i mean mine is a tool NOT a piece of art, but i am v.happy about the way it looks to

TechMouse
24-11-2005, 10:30 AM
makes me just want to learn how to play keyboards properly, so maybe I could play like herbie hancock (Although I never believe I could achieve that really)....
How is virtuosity at all artistic?

davethedrummer
24-11-2005, 02:37 PM
you have a far point h, the only stipulaion i made when designing mine (or rather looking around and getting inpiration) was that it had to be easy to navigate! i mean mine is a tool NOT a piece of art, but i am v.happy about the way it looks to

that's pretty much my feelings on it too.
art is great and an beautiful site is great , but keep it simple so you can look around.
misjahs site says it all in the intro
and i totally agree with him
and i checked out inigo's yesterday too , a bit too functional if you ask me , but simple and informative.
pages of text just don't look great though , no one wants to feel like they're reading a book.
anyway , new topic time ........

paranoiduk
29-11-2005, 08:23 PM
is it really possible to be a superstar dj in an underground music scene? :doh:

Udy
29-11-2005, 09:03 PM
anybody who can release music and have thousands of people buying it regardless of its quality is a superstar in my book.

el salvador
30-11-2005, 03:31 PM
star maybe, but i am thinking here, superstar=millions, and is known in the mainsteam of population (popstar, footballer, car racing driver, actor, fatboy slim, but techno producer or dj not) please excuse for my english

jon connor
30-11-2005, 04:09 PM
i think its the european thing they do take things more seriously and think that techno makes them into supertars but its there way of expressing themselvs they have always been cool dude fashion gurus or hairdooze :lol: thats there way we are more BRITISH and conservitive in our ways so this kinda thing can get under our skin . but however they aint nothing wrong with ones apearance if he feels comfortable in it . and also mr drummer dont take this as a dig because its not i respect you a lot but i remember your flashy picture on the s.u.f site a few years ago with the old black shades on and flash filtered image in the back ground , hahahahahahah :lol: it actually looked pretty cool :love:

el salvador
30-11-2005, 09:01 PM
in colombia the peoples they wear the sun glass because they want to hide there eyes so others do not know that they are high, or because it is a sunny day ;)

jon connor
01-12-2005, 01:53 PM
in colombia the peoples they wear the sun glass because they want to hide there eyes so others do not know that they are high, or because it is a sunny day ;)

i notice this with a lot of italian dj`s ive played alongside over the years :lol: they do love to where shades on the turntables hahahahahhhahaha pitch black in a club and they have shades on it used to crack me up :lol: i did think tho it was pretty cool and its there way of expressing themselvs however they so wish ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==