PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal "Best team in europe"!

Will
21-11-2005, 08:31 PM
According to Uefa's coefficient system Arsenal are the best team in europe - and by no small margin! Not sure how they work it out, but long may it continue!

djfase
21-11-2005, 08:37 PM
What like liverpool:? :lol:

Exactly

How the hell can this system work?

I watch alot of football, and yes arsenal are a good team, but the best in europe?

I watched the best team in europe batter real on saturday, and i dont really like spanish football

nick_anarchy
21-11-2005, 08:43 PM
well in the champions league thay are playin out their skin it wont last tho

phantomdj
22-11-2005, 06:20 AM
and how are arsenal doing better than liverpool in the champions league ... that goes for the last 6 years or so. and on top of that, liverpools group is far more dangerous

Will
22-11-2005, 06:32 AM
Over the past 6 seasons? For a start we've qualified in each of the last 6 seasons! And Liverpool have only twice gone further than us in that time. Besides, we have Ajax in our group who've won it 4 times, none of the team you've got to play have won it have they? Funny how you didn't disgree with the stat that somehow worked out Liverpool were the most popular, when the best team is easier to work out!

Arsenal are in the best form basically and you can only beat who's put in front of you.

french_og
22-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Liverpool have got Chelsea in their group, a side that have beaten Arsenal twice this season and a side that Liverpool are above in their group. Arsenal can only beat what is in front of them but their group is the weakest and Ajax are not a shadow of the side of the past and dutch football is one of the weakest leagues in Europe now.

Will
22-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Are you a Liverpool fan or something?

Traxx
22-11-2005, 11:41 AM
He's right though will.

Traxx
22-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Regardless.

nick_anarchy
22-11-2005, 11:43 AM
will U HAVE NEVER WON IT SO GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND DEAL WITH IT U R SHIT

nick_anarchy
22-11-2005, 11:44 AM
hehe thank u

Will
22-11-2005, 12:15 PM
He's right though will.

Chelsea won in the league by a flukey shinned goal and I couldn't care less about the community shield, it doesn't matter. Plus Chelsea beat Liverpool much more heavily and at Anfield wasn't it? Chelsea haven't been great in Europe this season and the Dutch league is still one of the top 5 leagues in europe and PSV seem to be going pretty well and there's talk of a revival this season at Ajax.

I'm not saying you can read much into it at this point, I just hope we stay top 'til the final and beyond. :lol:

Mind you, I think there's a real belief we can win it this season after Liverpool did it, plus we seem prepared to prioritise it much more this season, so I think we can do well.

phantomdj
22-11-2005, 05:45 PM
this is the only season arsenal have shown anything in the champions league... and the teams they are playing are poor. arsenal just arent that good in europe. i remember when you steam rolled the league, yet still did badly in the champions league.

your stats are incorrect. bayern munich are far more consistent than arsenal, doing much better. leverkusen got to the final and semis... we won it... these stats you point at are very questionable.

as for the stats of liverpool being most popular. i never said i knew it was true. i just told you what a report said. figuring out armchair fans and supporters is impossible, so i guess they go on shirt sales in a set period of months

Will
22-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Ditto for this report!

Will
22-11-2005, 10:06 PM
And we've shown more than Liverpool did (in recent times) before they won it.

phantomdj
22-11-2005, 10:09 PM
shown more what?

Will
22-11-2005, 10:19 PM
You were saying Arsenal had shown nothing before this season! Form/potential or whatever... Arsenal have at least got past the first group stage in each of the last 5 seasons including this one and have reached 2 quarter finals in that time, which is a better recent record than Liverpools prior to winning th CL. Arsenal have done as well as if not better than Man U over the past 2 or 3 seasons too!

278d7e64a374de26f==