PDA

View Full Version : DJ Fergie playing techno

Sam1978
26-10-2002, 10:15 PM
What does everyone think of DJ Fergie playing techno these days ?

On his Radio 1 show in the last month he's had Ben Sims, Ade Fenton and Space DJz all guesting and doing mixes.

Could be a good thing because he's could be giving more exposure to the techno scene and the DJs around it as well getting more people into techno.

Could be a bad thing because he might be the start of more mainstream DJs and clubs jumping on the techno music bandwagon thus resulting in more cheesy music being released. Fergie used to play bouncey hard house not so long ago and I doubt very much he'll be playing techno a few years from now.

What do you think ?

IvorRingingInMyEars
26-10-2002, 10:34 PM
Essential Mix 7th July 2002 - He played a few Beyer tunes but most of the set was hard house/trance (bollocks).

But you could tell by listening that he is getting a more of a Techno feel to his sets. But he may just be experimenting like most DJ's do, even Mauro Picotto is jumping on the techno bandwagon (if there is such a thing).

Esox Lucius
27-10-2002, 04:43 AM
picotto has been playing techno in his sets for a while now... I think in a few months fergie will have moved on to something else and will have forgot about techno....just a passing phase.

28-10-2002, 09:07 AM
i think you're right tf..

fergie was a big part of the hard house thing and used his relationship with toni de vit to get up the dj ladder. then he joined r1... then he stopped playing hard house... then he jumped onto progressive, then he jumped onto techno... it's obvious to me that this guy only wants fame and credibility.... and no doubt he'll get it... good luck to him... but the sooner he gets off techno the better... he's using the genre for credibility and i thing that's a huge huge crime...

i understand ade, jamie and ben etc playing for him (they want to get their message across) but i don't think they understand the history of this guy or they wouldn't do it .... remember i also play hard trance too so I know alot of people who've known fergie very well ...

picotto on the other hand... i respect him alot.... he genuinely loves techno and is trying to say something to the commercial community...
Edited by: markeg3000 at: 10/28/02 3:08:36 am

z0ki
29-10-2002, 12:11 AM
here in nyc..we have a weekly monday night techno party...

in a few weeks...danny howells is doing the party with the nyc club resident (who was playing prog/trance a year ago)..

do they play techno??? no that i know of..

tracklistings everywhere are popping up with traditionally techno artists...

its a weird thing..but you cant control it..whatever happens happens.

-z

eyes without a face
29-10-2002, 01:37 AM
apparently Danny Howells is capable of churning out a techno set now and then, apparently he's ok at it too

he is playin I Love Techno i think

DJ IKON
29-10-2002, 02:14 AM
I think Fergie was embarassed that he was king of Hard House and wanted to get in with the likes of Sasha,Digweed,Oakenfold etc and to be taken seriously by those guys he needed to drop the HH!

Who listened to his mix on R1 on Friday night??? Absolute sh.ite!!!! Mixing was awful!
Welcome to the Darkside!

Esox Lucius
29-10-2002, 06:04 PM
Howells has been playing techno in his sets for a good while, plays speedy j stuff a lot!!!!!... I seen him last year at shindig in newcastle and he was alright...a lot of prog but played some techno classics like Slam ~ positive education & UR ~ the swarm.

krakp0t
01-11-2002, 09:15 PM
fergie, howells, suckenfold, whatever other crap mainstream djs that throw some proper tunes into the odd set will only appeal to the sh*twits that follow them and will never gain the respect of the techno community. they'll be onto the next bandwagon soon enough.

i proposed staging a kidnapping and public excecution of judge jules at DEMF 03'. i believe its still under consideration.

278d7e64a374de26f==