PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Warez - Tribal Tricks Vol 2

DJ Corbzy
31-07-2003, 01:42 AM
Also got this today, 3 out of the 4 tracks on this E.P. I really liked?

Again...anyone heard this, like it?

Sunil
31-07-2003, 01:44 AM
Also got this today, 3 out of the 4 tracks on this E.P. I really liked?

Again...anyone heard this, like it?

Yes I liked this! All tracks bar one are very playable, very detailed programming too, much better than the last thing I heard from him..

DJ Corbzy
31-07-2003, 01:46 AM
yeah its the b2 i didnt like, the one with the distortion....not very good...

but yeah the others are really nice funky hard techno! :D 8)

Sunil
31-07-2003, 01:49 AM
yeah its the b2 i didnt like, the one with the distortion....not very good...

but yeah the others are really nice funky hard techno! :D 8)

Dead on, just what I thought!

MARKEG
31-07-2003, 11:11 AM
sandy is a very talented producer but i still think he has a long, long way to go. i never played this one out. what i don't like about his music are 2 things. 1) why oh why does he always use so many tribal chanting samples in his tracks. i'm totally board of this now. i thik he needs to find something else to sample :wink: and 2) his sequences are way to complex. you just get into the groove and he knocks you out of time with some weird break or edit. nothing wrong with not comforming but sometimes the way he does it is a bit of an anti climax for me.

DJZeMig_L
31-07-2003, 12:38 PM
he's also comin out on Subsounds 28!

Z

tekboi
31-07-2003, 01:36 PM
I know where Mark EG is coming from on this, I think he should definately stick to his style of production (impressive) but maybe get a little simplistic when it comes to setting out the structure of his tracks. But totally don't mind some of the stuff he has released, havent actually heard this though, can anyone let me know where I can hear some samples of it. Thanks.

tekboi
31-07-2003, 01:38 PM
But as I said, he has his own style and he should keep it up :) Nice!

DJZeMig_L
31-07-2003, 01:56 PM
I guess e-shops should have this posted preatty soon!

Z

eyes without a face
31-07-2003, 03:57 PM
i recall getting a Sandy Warez record on Subsounds only to find it sounded exactly the same as a track off Glenn Wilson's Tonal Path 2 record. I do believe he sampled a large section of it, its too similiar to a coincidence (i.e the skull tunes saga)

Sven Wittekind
31-07-2003, 05:26 PM
jepp i have 2 ep´s from this guy :!:

Sandy Warez - Hard Ace 1 ... there is one track on it where he put 3 Glenn Wilson loops in it.

Compound 019 b2 with doggystyle Beat and b2 from punish 016...
its the one with this Scratch breaks :!: ... but mhh .....................
and in the other record i have heard the "do you wanna" loop from glenn wilson in it. :roll:

Sunil
01-08-2003, 03:39 AM
sandy is a very talented producer but i still think he has a long, long way to go. i never played this one out. what i don't like about his music are 2 things. 1) why oh why does he always use so many tribal chanting samples in his tracks. i'm totally board of this now. i thik he needs to find something else to sample :wink: and 2) his sequences are way to complex. you just get into the groove and he knocks you out of time with some weird break or edit. nothing wrong with not comforming but sometimes the way he does it is a bit of an anti climax for me.

I agree on the tribal chanting samples, unnecessary alright and the edits he does make it sound like a different tune entirely, perhaps out of place alright, *but* this record imo is very good, well playable and nicely produced..

Sunil
01-08-2003, 03:42 AM
jepp i have 2 ep´s from this guy :!:

Sandy Warez - Hard Ace 1 ... there is one track on it where he put 3 Glenn Wilson loops in it.

Compound 019 b2 with doggystyle Beat and b2 from punish 016...
its the one with this Scratch breaks :!: ... but mhh .....................
and in the other record i have heard the "do you wanna" loop from glenn wilson in it. :roll:

Hey, Patrik Skoog ripped a Moby sample in his last Native Diffusion and I don't see a big deal? I don't care too much if he ripped a Wilson sample or not, his tracks don't really sound the same imo

Sven Wittekind
01-08-2003, 07:28 AM
i just said it cuz the guy who replyed before said something like that :!:
i just wanna let him now that he is correct with this what he say (think) :!:

MARKEG
01-08-2003, 09:17 AM
cool.... now let's get back on topic :!: :D

Sunil
01-08-2003, 11:26 PM
i just said it cuz the guy who replyed before said something like that :!:
i just wanna let him now that he is correct with this what he say (think) :!:

Oh yeah, sorry! Just after reading that properly, you were only stating your facts, picked you up slightly wrong :)

278d7e64a374de26f==