PDA

View Full Version : Diachrona - Liveset Nov 2005 Amsterdam. Deep,mechanic Techno

diachrona
23-11-2005, 07:05 PM
hi there everyone.

I d like to share my liveset with you. (not a dj set, all material is mine).
Dia.chro.na is a techno project from amsterdam. The style is deep, loop
based, pounding and a bit abstract techno sound.
more info on www.diachrona.net
Thanx!

you can get the set here:

www.diachrona.net/diachrona-liveset@twstd-2nov-2005.mp3

cheers!

dia.chro.na

grain
24-11-2005, 12:33 AM
Welcome to BOA, diachrona! :)

Dowloading your mix now... it better be good! ... . .. or I'll take over the world and ban you from ever making techno again!

Nah, joking aside...I'm looking forward to hearing your shit. I'll let you know what I think... . .

diachrona
24-11-2005, 11:24 AM
haha. thanx - it'll better be good indeed ....

grain
24-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Hello again...

Thats some heavy duty stuff there! .. Well, I like the attitude. Its heavy and relentless and I'm into that.. I think theres room for a bit more variation though.. You've got some lovely mid - high end repetitive synths going on, which I thought were quality.. On the percussion side of things, I thought there was a lack of mid-range percussion - or where there was any, it could have been brighter in the mix (snares that should have been snappy sounded dull.. eq & reverb should fix)
and although I know you obviously want a rumbling low end and heavy kick, there should be some mid-range and even hi-end present in this area. Look into recommended equalization frequencies around the net (I cant remember the site I was thinking of but I'm sure theres plenty of info out there). Generally I think once you get the low end right, just a bit of work on some mid range percussion and you'll be on top of it.. Tracks could have done with some breaks (just dropping the kick and go nuts with your lead synths) maybe.. .
The only other thing I would highly recommend - have a GOOD listen to plenty of techno that you aspire to sound like (not saying you want to copy anyone) on your speakers and see how the tracks sound. Is there really that much bass? How is the mid-range placed in the mix? Head over to the Techno Filez forum and download some inspiration... I think theres a Collabs (Speedy J & Chris Liebing) mix there that would be a good reference for that heavy sound...

Anyway, best of luck with it all... keep on banging man! Youre on the right track ;)

diachrona
24-11-2005, 11:43 PM
hii

thanx for cheking out my set and writing the comment. I really appreciate that.
The critique of the low end and the mid range is in my opinion is really welcome. However i guess it might have to do with the fact that this is a live recording through raw pa.

also the songs vary in mastering from one another, then, during a liveset in the mixer , the adjustments sometimes fit one song better than the other. Some songs increase in production quality some decrease. I m working hard to improve that. :)

thanx for referring to collabs. I like such referrences.
:)

dia.chro.na

278d7e64a374de26f==