PDA

View Full Version : Emagic Logic Platinum 5 ( Logic pro 5 )

TechnoNRGKid
24-11-2005, 10:26 AM
What do yous think of the program?
I just pick this up.
The goods about it are sidechaining, plugins, and i like the score editor ( now i goto check it out in cubase ).

What i dont like is the interface looks terrible. I seen logic 7 pics on the net and that looks much better. But i never seen a worser interface than what's in logic 5. From the project/arrange window, to the mixer.
:doh:

nova
24-11-2005, 12:25 PM
i dont think it looks bad at all compared with ableton

christian wagner
24-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Logic 5 plat is stil la great program, TBH, it looks less complicated than SX, and less fiddly.

Iv been using it for 4 years now, i got loic 7 pro also, and its not as good as that, but still a very stable program.

I(Ts automation facilities are great, its plug-ins are really fantastic - miles better than cubases. its that i look for in a sequencer, not fancy looks (cubase ;) )

mattboyslim
24-11-2005, 11:02 PM
it might not look as fancy as 6 or 7, but its functionality is almost identical minus a few things, and it pisses all over cubase, which imo is an amateur program at best

nova
24-11-2005, 11:07 PM
it might not look as fancy as 6 or 7, but its functionality is almost identical minus a few things, and it pisses all over cubase, which imo is an amateur program at best

is there alot between the 2?? logic cubase. sx3 is looking pretty good. and it got much better things for handling timing problems with loops like warp. then logic. well 6.

mattboyslim
24-11-2005, 11:57 PM
its personal preference i guess, but the layout of cubase just feels all wrong, and the midi spec of logic is so superior

TechnoNRGKid
25-11-2005, 05:52 AM
I guess i'll get back to messing with Logic more. But as of now, i just went back to Cubase and it felt so good lol. Logic is nice but....
i guess i better learn more about it before i say anymore.

The score editor in cubase i'm actually liking alot more now. I haven't used it much in the past but now i'm startin to.
1 negative thing about cubase is some windows can get big and chunky at times. Guess you have to have a really high screen resolution so it wouldnt be to noticeable.
Word though, the Time warp is hot in cubase , i use that alot now.

Anyhows,
Man you know i'd actually think about getting a Mac just for Logic Pro 7, i really want that program now. Plus it's gonna be awhile till Intel Macs come out. You can build a intel cpu/motherboard computer now with a Beta copy of it in an article i read though.

danielmarshall
19-12-2005, 01:18 PM
I find writing loop based music to be extermely tedious in Cubase. The step sequencer MIDI plugin is totally crap, and I find the piano roll editor's interface to be frustrating at best. Don't get me wrong, Cubase SX2 has served me very well with regards to recording and mixing rock, but it just doesn't fit the shoe with techno IMO.

With regards to Logic, I pirated version 5 platinum a while back to see what everybody was raving about(excuse the very bad pun - I do not like raves. I stick glowsticks up kandy kid's pee holes actually) , but the thing kept dying on me at every turn. My guess is that it was probably a dodgey attempt to cicumvent the dongle. It'd be nice if it was still around on the PC platform to kick Steinberg's ass into a gear a bit more.

278d7e64a374de26f==