PDA

View Full Version : Spin-Inn ,Manchester

digitalboy
24-11-2005, 05:09 PM
looks like they done away with their Techno section.I tried to by some stuff off there a while ago,but apparently nobody's buying the stuff.

**** knows :neutral:

alsynthe
24-11-2005, 05:12 PM
then use www.basement-trax.co.uk or www.juno.co.uk or www.bangingtunes.com

digitalboy
24-11-2005, 05:19 PM
yeh i use bangin tunes anyway.I just thought it was a bit of a shame. :roll:

digitalboy
24-11-2005, 05:21 PM
I thought Manchester was the Techno capital,it just seems unusual that nobodys buying it.

alsynthe
24-11-2005, 07:09 PM
manchester is hardly techno capital

digitalboy
24-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Well i know it had a vast array of techno clubs ,so i wouldn't say that it wasn't.
North Technologies, species etc

alsynthe
24-11-2005, 08:19 PM
species dont run anymore nor does north, only goo dtechno night in manchester is locked

alsynthe
24-11-2005, 08:19 PM
well species does run but not very often and not in manchester

digitalboy
24-11-2005, 08:56 PM
i refer to radical Technology which still does run.But yes your right not in manchester,
sorry i take it all back.

digitalboy
24-11-2005, 08:59 PM
or rather they still support events

Mindful
25-11-2005, 08:36 PM
**** Spinn inn(if your after techno anyway)They have alot of hardstyle and hardcore type stuff.
If your after techno records and your in Manc then Eastern Blok is the one.

They have a huge and varied selection and the staff are extreemly knolegable and freindly and they allways know what kind of music im after.

I dont know the web adress im affraid but im sure its quite easy to find(I prefere to go to record shops than buy online)

Anyways check em out ,its a wicked shop.

techno_muppet
27-11-2005, 12:46 PM
i dont know how long locked is gonna stay open now to be honest, their numbers have been dropping since they decided to have it on the 2nd friday of the month, the same night as binary. binary put techno dj's on quite often tho. both local lads and bigger names, mark eg plays a lot, chris lib, the drummer...
shame species isnt on here anymore, the park nightclub got bought out and turned into an r&b club, keaving 3 club nites homeless, one of which was species. :(

Technobitch
27-11-2005, 01:44 PM
i dont know how long locked is gonna stay open now to be honest, their numbers have been dropping since they decided to have it on the 2nd friday of the month, the same night as binary. :(

dropping? where you there for the BMB last month?

techno_muppet
27-11-2005, 04:37 PM

no admittedly not, m always at binary, but that was a rumour i heard.

Technobitch
27-11-2005, 05:21 PM

didnt your mother ever tell you not to listen to romours! :twisted:

Stella Boy
27-11-2005, 05:54 PM

What dates does Binary happen anway :?:

techno_muppet
27-11-2005, 06:37 PM
[i]What dates does Binary happen anwayp/i]

second friday of the month.

Technobitch
27-11-2005, 07:53 PM
[i]What dates does Binary happen anwayp/i]

second friday of the month.

same night as locked :twisted:

techno_muppet
27-11-2005, 10:10 PM
same night as locked

yeah like i said. whats it like at the phoenix btw? only went when it was on at the park.theres another nite, computer controlled or something that runs when the organisers can be arsed as far as i can gather. its in the attic at the thirsty scholar.

Technobitch
27-11-2005, 10:17 PM
same night as locked

yeah like i said. whats it like at the phoenix btw? only went when it was on at the park.theres another nite, computer controlled or something that runs when the organisers can be arsed as far as i can gather. its in the attic at the thirsty scholar.

you'l have to go to find out for yourself! imo i think its a good venue always a nice crowd, and great atmosphere at locked. never a bad vibe to be felt!

computer controlled offers a more chilled side of techno, but once again you'l have to go to find out yourself! computer controlled has a regular slot at the attic so i dont know what you mean by your above comment - you been listening to romours again?!

techno_muppet
27-11-2005, 10:48 PM
you been listening to romours again?!

na just not seen any promotion for it bar one a few months back. guess im not looking in the right places lol.

Technobitch
27-11-2005, 11:13 PM
you been listening to romours again?!

na just not seen any promotion for it bar one a few months back. guess im not looking in the right places lol.

no you obviously arent! cant believe you base your opinion of computer controlled on how many times you have seen their promotion! they and the locked lads are sound ppl, maybe you should think of that next time b4 you speak like that, especially with nothing to back it up!

:twisted:

Pheeva
27-11-2005, 11:31 PM
**** Spinn inn(if your after techno anyway)They have alot of hardstyle and hardcore type stuff.
If your after techno records and your in Manc then Eastern Blok is the one.

They have a huge and varied selection and the staff are extreemly knolegable and freindly and they allways know what kind of music im after.

I dont know the web adress im affraid but im sure its quite easy to find(I prefere to go to record shops than buy online)

Anyways check em out ,its a wicked shop.

yeah Spinn inn used to b great for Techno records back in the Havok days when Mick Beatle used to work there but not any more :cry: Eastern Block is best on oldam streen heres the website www.easternblocrecords.co.uk ;)

28-11-2005, 12:12 PM

didnt your mother ever tell you not to listen to romours! :twisted:

He obviously lives up to his name ! Must be in with the consistantly jealous Binary crew. The amount of rumours that stem from that neck of the woods is untrue !
Locked will be here for a long time yet

Frank Dogshit
28-11-2005, 12:30 PM
is binary where the infamous 'john legend' plays?

Technobitch
28-11-2005, 04:05 PM

:clap:

techno_muppet
29-11-2005, 09:02 AM
:)
good to hear it, the more nites in manchester the better imo. funky house seems to be the thing @ moment. :( deffo gonna get down in the new year, see what the vibes like in phoenix. gutted i missed switchblade a while back. you guys have a mailing list where you send out e flyers? keep up to date with events etc?

kai
29-11-2005, 11:23 AM
From what I've seen, having regularly attended both Locked and Binary, both ngihts are more than capable of surviving on the same night - they pull almost completely different crowds!

Very few of the Manchester techno fans really go to Binary from waht I've seen.

Mucky Beats
29-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Well from a tread about spinn inn this has deffo spinned out off on a mad one one thing i must say is how can you comment on locked if you've never been! locked is one of the only nights ive been to that plays quality underground techno ! im fairly shure binary is good because ive met a few of the lads that play there and there good djs and i hear good thing said about it. but i do feel like kia said they are diffrent crowds and i doubt them being on the same night make that bigger difence to one another. end of the day the main point is dont diss some thing you aint attended mr techno muppet.

AS FOR TECHNO IN MANCESTER ITS GOT TO BE THE EASTEN BLOCK , JON GETS EVERY THING FROM LONDON TO DETRIOT ... SPIN INN HAS THE ODD GOOD BIT IN NOW AND AGAIN ...BUT SINCE WE BEATLE LEFT THERE AINT MUCH IN THERE... STILL A GOOD SHOP FOR ALL OTHER STYLES THO.

he he he this forum is ace :lol:

kai
29-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Yeah deffo true on the shops front - Eastern Bloc is something of a techno institution.

Someone mentioned Spin Inn being good for hardstyle earlier on as well - tbh, from what I've heard on the grapevine it sounds like thye don't have much of that in these days either.

Rolling Rocks
29-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Eastern block wins the vote then :lol:

Mindful
30-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Eastern Block all day, John Berry and Mark Turner behind the counter, what else do you need.
As Kia says "a bit of a techno institute"

Anyways regarding the Locked and Binary on the same night disscussion ....again as Kia pionts out If your a techno head or a bit of a purist who loves proper techno and the best techno artist then your going to love Locked.....If you want put your hands in the air and big trance,Hardstyle and energetic Acid/Hard techno then your gonna love Binary.

Both completly different nights both good in there own way.

Binarys prob the best Hard trance night in Manc and Locked is the best Techno night ;)

Speicies was never realy a techno night to be honest and ive been asked when the techno was coming on while playing it (also speed it up was a phrase I had shouted at me often)I was lucky enuff to never get death threats tho so :lol: .....
Proper underground night tho

One more thing the Pheonix (the current home of Locked)has a wicked sound system

The Teknoist
06-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Eastern Block has always been the best place in Manchester to buy techno

Boboagogo
06-12-2005, 12:45 PM
can never find fuk all in eastern bloc tbf... same oul shit over n over altho it can be decent for a few pounders on occassion. pelican records is a nice spot tho, jus round the corner from eastern bloc, ran by boomkat afaik. do pretty much everything from dubstep/electro/glitch/hiphop/detroit to uk techno, loadsa classics aswell. s'pose it depends what type of techno your after but this is the first place i hit in manchester when lookin for me tunes..

Numeric
07-12-2005, 02:06 PM
I used to pick a few bits from Spin Inn, but it's as everyone else is saying on this thread, you can't beat Eastern Bloc for techno...

:clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==