PDA

View Full Version : sequencing my drum machine in cubase

tekara
25-11-2005, 07:44 AM
im having a bit of a problem understanding the midi connections between my Jomox Xbase09 and Cubase SX.

I basically want to do a simple thing, but not sure if it can be done....

Let's just say i have a pattern going on in my 16 step sequencer in my Jomox. Is there any way i can program the pattern, and then send the entire pattern to cubase BUT with each sample in different channels?

So if i have a pattern, i would like to send the SD to channel X, BD to channel Y, HH to channel Z......with the same pattern as i had programmed in cubase?

It just seems like drawing notes in manually is a pain in the arse when i could be using the drum machines sequencer......the only problem is that i like to treat each sample with effects on different channels so im kind of discouraged from using the onboard step sequencer.

any opinions on my current setup?

cheers ;)

tekara
25-11-2005, 07:47 AM
sorry for the type, i meant

"So if i have a pattern, i would like to send the SD to channel X, BD to channel Y, HH to channel Z......with the same pattern as i had programmed in jomox? (not cubase).

Miromiric
25-11-2005, 10:10 AM
only if your rhythm machine has audio outputs for each of the sound i think.
but you could take a stepsequencer in cubase and use one channel per sound, thus having multiple audio channels.
create midi track - inserts - step sequencer

FILTERZ
25-11-2005, 01:47 PM
your talking about sending midi ,not sound right?

FIK
25-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Why not bounce each pattern down to audio ?

tekara
25-11-2005, 07:26 PM
yes it does have individual outs for each audio.....

but from what youve said, how do i go about setting this all up? Is is possible to use the "merge midi in loop" function in cubase, and then manually erase all unwanted notes later?

yikes, gotta try that when i get home.

only if your rhythm machine has audio outputs for each of the sound i think.
but you could take a stepsequencer in cubase and use one channel per sound, thus having multiple audio channels.
create midi track - inserts - step sequencer

tekara
25-11-2005, 07:27 PM
your talking about sending midi ,not sound right?

im talking about sending audio......i know for sure theres a way to do this!

tekara
25-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Why not bounce each pattern down to audio ?

I was actually thinking of doing that, but like i said earlier, i would like to have each drum on a different sample so i can add effects to them individually....

i assume if i bounce each pattern down to audio, it will take the entire pattern (with all the drum sounds), and bounce them as one single .wav file....

I would definately not hestitate to go through the trouble of bouncing each pattern down to audio IF....and only IF they had a damn mute/solo button!......actually, this makes me think i can easily just turn the volume knob down and bounce each pattern individually to sepearate channels,.....why didnt i think of that earlier. lol

Miromiric
26-11-2005, 11:31 AM
well if all the sounds have their own audio outputs, then where`s the problem? just route all of them to separate audio inputs on your multichannel soundcard/mixing desk.

278d7e64a374de26f==