PDA

View Full Version : [Manc] -Locked vs Sequence -Mark Broom, 65d's + Curser Minor

25-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Locked Records present…

Locked vs Sequence Christmas Special !

09th December 2005
10:00pm till 04:00am
£9 ON THE DOOR / E-mail for reduced £7 entry

Room 1: Locked: Quality underground techno

Dj: Mark Broom (Pure Plastic)
Live: 65D Mavericks (Surface/ Inceptive)

Residents: Jay Knight & Adam Rayner

Room 2: Sequence: Electro, acid and bass

Live: Cursor Miner (Combat Recordings)
Dj: Computer Controlled Djs (Sequence)
Dj: Nick Craddock
Dj: Pete Mangalore (Human Shield)
Dj: Alien Radio Djs (Underground Soundsystem)

The Phoenix, Oxford Road, Manchester
T: 07790 060562

For more information on this monthly event go to / contact us at: -
www.lockedrecords.co.uk / lockedrecords@hotmail.com

FURTHER PRESS INFORMATION

Mark Broom (Pure Plastic)

It all started in the summer of '89 after experiencing the now legendary Acid House era, Mark soon set himself up with his first decks and after playing at friends parties for a number of years, decided to try his hand at making music. An introduction to Black Dog soon saw Mark with his first record released on General Productions. In '94 Mark met Dave Hill and set up studio and the now well established Pure Plastic records. Marks productions through his Pure Plastic records outlet along with releases on Cosmic, Ferox or recently Speaker Attack, Warm Up, Soma or Coda records have all helped to secure Mark Broom's name in the techno hall of fame.
His collaborations include his live act with Dave Hill under the guise of "Rue East" where they have recorded more than 10 EPs and their class albums "Summer Of Blood" and "Indoor Culture". Mark has also worked together with the 65d Mavericks or Percy X along with productions with Ben Sims as "Roku" and a 6 deck live show which has seen this highlight, headline some of Europe’s leading events. The duo have proven to be one of the most thought after Techno acts of the last few years, cutting up a variety of Tribal and Techno influences and working the largest of dance floors and festivals with their 6 deck performances. Mark's newly launched imprint "King Of The Snakes" is now well into it's sixth release and has a very bright future, Pure Plastic records is about to break the 60th release barrier, Rue East album in the pipeline and some very strong releases... this next will be a fine year for Mark Broom...

65D Mavericks (Surface/ Inceptive)

The 65D mavericks take it upon themselves to tailor every live set to each specific gig; if you miss it it's gone forever! By doing this, the crowd always gets fresh music with the occasional classic from their early recording careers thrown in for good measure. The pair are extremely well respected by producers and DJ's throughout the electronic music scene for their no-compromise philosophies, and not only for the records they create themselves but also the records they choose to release. This would explain why they have new material forthcoming under The 65D Mavericks guise for labels such as Tresor, Surface, Lost/Cosmic, Blueprint, Downwards, Theory, Light and Dark, Warm Up, Influence, Infrastructure, Exist, Deta, Tsunami and Rodz Konez.
The 65D Mavericks music could be described as challenging, but put them in a club environment with their machines and sparks begin to fly! During a recent gig at the Melkweg in Amsterdam the room was being worked so hard that the crowd and even the following Dj wanted them to keep playing! They continue to confuse and bemuse the record buying public by consistently releasing records under different names in different scenes, but as they said in a recent interview "a closed mind is like a closed book, just a block of wood". The fact that they limit their live sets to about ten per year, adds to their enigma, and if anything, creates even more hype.
If you are lucky enough to see them live it is likely to be an experience that you will never forget!

Check out a mix here (http://www.kinetic-am.com/kinetic_65dmavericks_mix.zip)

Cursor Miner (Combat Recordings)

Completely deranged electronic lunatic with the odd occasional punk tendency, Cursor Miner sits alongside Aphex Twin and Ardisson as one of London's mad electronic geniuses par excellence.

Cursor combines the arrangements and intricacies of glitch electronica with infectiously funky robot rhythms, making people on the dancefloor twist up like spastics. He regularly plays across the UK and Europe and has taken his unique live sound as far as Russia. In between terrorising dancefloors, Cursor Miner spends his time designing jingles and sound bytes for BBC Radio One and occasionally appears live on Mary Anne Hobb's Breezeblock show.

http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/locked-dec-front.jpg
http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/locked-dec-back.jpg

Technobitch
25-11-2005, 02:24 PM
looking good!

oldbugger
25-11-2005, 02:30 PM
nice bookings lads

fitipaldi
25-11-2005, 04:52 PM
65d Mavericks in manchester, can't wait for this. Christmas dinner round ours after :lol:

Technobitch
25-11-2005, 04:54 PM
65d Mavericks in manchester, can't wait for this. Christmas dinner round ours after :lol:

ill be there for that!

Mindful
25-11-2005, 10:59 PM
I hope to be there for this.
Cant be missing the Mavericks in sunny Manc now can I?

Serendipity
26-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Oooh. :cool:

Traxx
28-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Nice.

Matt Blak
30-11-2005, 03:50 PM
;) looking fowrad to it

Technobitch
30-11-2005, 04:14 PM
;) looking fowrad to it

guna see you out for this one are we mr blak?

nick_anarchy
30-11-2005, 04:57 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeet ... sorry to makie and al ap but i will be goin to this ...

30-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Why are u sorry ?????

nick_anarchy
30-11-2005, 05:25 PM
their playin at binary in a dj comp ...

ComputerControlled
30-11-2005, 11:17 PM
nice one jay an ad. we are lookin forward to it...

Matt Blak
30-11-2005, 11:21 PM
;) looking fowrad to it

o i, see ya there mate!!!

Technobitch
01-12-2005, 01:08 AM
;) looking fowrad to it

good to hear! :twisted:

Matt Blak
01-12-2005, 09:28 AM
;) looking fowrad to it

good to hear! :twisted:

;)

07-12-2005, 06:48 PM
So who's out on fritag then ?

Boboagogo
08-12-2005, 12:41 AM
findin it hard convincin ppl to go but ill def be makin an appearance, no chance missin the mavericks.

fitipaldi
08-12-2005, 02:57 PM
So who's out on fritag then ?

JA!

Frank Dogshit
09-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Wunderbar!

Whose out tonight then?

Christmas pounders!

Technobitch
09-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Wunderbar!

Whose out tonight then?

Christmas pounders!

think ill be fitting this into my techno calender!

see you tonight

oldbugger
11-12-2005, 11:34 AM
how was broom?

Technobitch
11-12-2005, 10:43 PM
was a really mgood night, far to messy for me to remember details! ill i know is i had a good night he he he

278d7e64a374de26f==