PDA

View Full Version : Casual violence - Cursed and vessels(2 tracks)

Mindful
25-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Sup guys and girls ;)
Havent posted for a bit(been quite busy)
Anyway thought I would post up a couple of recent tracks that Ive been working on,
both are pretty minnimal and percussive.
The first one I tried to make somthing that was more about vibes than a huge kickdrum and bassline.
Production wise Im sure I can get a bit more volume out of it.
http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=35896K5E1UF8L2DFXG6I89X4MO

The second one is more or less the same sort of vibe but with a bit more energy and volume
http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=36I8OKWW3IIJZ35LJUTOUWRTTR

Both of them possibly need a bit more work but.......
Any feedback of any kind would be usefull.

Thanks

xfive
25-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Good stuff mate
I like the second one more personally as it got me more lost mentally. I'm sure you could do with a few arrangement tweaks to really push it over the edge as far as expectations go, but aside from that very nice and moody :rambo:

nova
25-11-2005, 09:43 PM
second one m8.it wikked. i found the first a tad slow.

Mindful
25-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks for taking the time to listen and leave comment Xfive :love:

I think the second ones more or less finished.I need too add somthing to the first one to give it a bit more of a head trip type vibe.

Anyway thanks.

Mindful
25-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks Nova(nice too see you back on Blackout)

A bit slow you say, ok thanks for comments.
Maybe some more high end patterns and a few subtle edits could give it more energy.

Thankyou.

nova
25-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks Nova(nice too see you back on Blackout)

A bit slow you say, ok thanks for comments.
Maybe some more high end patterns and a few subtle edits could give it more energy.

Thankyou.

no probs mindf. ahh nic 1 chap ;)

. its a nice track tri it man. yeah it did sound a tad slow. just my taste man. maybe a few more bits like ya said ta giv a bit more energy. im a 140 er tho :lol: so who knos

Mindful
25-11-2005, 10:28 PM
im a 140 er tho :lol: so who knos

Ah I see.
120 to 136 for me techno wise mate.

nova
25-11-2005, 10:41 PM
yeah man totaly. wot ever the fill of the track init. second 1s a pounder tho dude. isit a touch faster. or are the sounds just filling it abit more??. its got nice dark beath'e sounds aswell

Mindful
25-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Think theyre both 130 (alltho I would have to check)
I think its just that the second one has more percussive energy and the kick pattern has a bit more urgency.
Plus the bass lines a rolling type one and the first ones a sustained sub bass type thing.

Mindful
25-11-2005, 10:52 PM
:lol: haha fukk knows.

Im hogging my own thread here :lol: :doh:

nova
25-11-2005, 10:58 PM
yeah man bit more of a driver. darker. im luving all the broken beats techno. seems to hav grown loads that kind of techno. everybody luvs it

dirty_bass
01-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Jesus, how the **** did I miss these little Gems? I`ve been much too busy lately.
The first track is lovely.
LOVELY.
Minimal, creative groove, lots of subtle menace, more suggestive of violence than blatant and obvious. And as with every good horror movie, it`s always the suggestion, or what you don`t see, that is scarey, and not the obvious schlock and horror.
I love it. You could maybe stick in some really restrained and clipped down dark melody in there somewhere. Something so broken it almost doesn`t make it through.
Great work, very individual.

2nd Tune.
Again, great, a little more in your face this time.
I`d say maybe that the kick is a little too boomy in the high bass region. Just a tad, I think it could go a little lower in it`s area of emphasis, as there seems to be space between the bass and the kick.
Oh and a beautiful build with the pads.
Wow, this is quite exceptional. Please get in touch I think this is right for Singularity.
This makes Caves idea of tribal laughable.

I`m very impressed by this stuff man.
You have really improved so much.
It`s a pity more people don`t understand this type of work, as in 2 or 3 years time they will probably be jumping on the bandwagon.

Hmmm, 3rd listen now, and this time really loud.

Yep, I`m in heaven.

BRADLEE
01-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Damn Steve, you tore these two apart homie. Some really ill shit.

dirty_bass
02-12-2005, 07:17 AM
Just listened to Vessels again.
Beautiful work man.
I was jigging around the studio and everything.
Class.

orac
02-12-2005, 10:37 AM
first i listened to 'cursed', nice slow dark melancholic track
next 'vessels' i hit play button and say "yes this is it" :) more energy, industrial thing, louder & harder kicks, really good job with this track m8 :clap:

Mindful
02-12-2005, 08:28 PM
:love: thanks for listening and feedback everyone

Steve thanks made my day that feedback and advice bro
I realy like the idea of some hardley noticable broken melody in Cursed and will deffo use that advice so thanks thats the sort of thing I was after.
And I am glad you understood what I was trying to acheve and telling me its individual is the non gay way to my heart :love: :lol:

On Vessels what you say about the kick drum is spot on regarding the space between the kick and bass I just wasnt sure how to adress the problem.
Are you suggesting that I EQ out some of the highs from the kick and boost it at the lower end(hope so cause thats what im gonna try)
I will try grab you on messenger mate.

Again thnks everyone who listend ;)

Mindful
02-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Are you suggesting that I EQ out some of the highs from the kick and boost it at the lower end(hope so cause thats what im gonna try)

Ok just reread what you said. not the high freqs but the higher bottom freqs-coolio

StoQ
02-12-2005, 08:58 PM
OMG #^&%*^!!!!! Vessels is so lovely broken. yeah i like this shit a lot :clap: :clap:

audioinjection
02-12-2005, 10:49 PM
damn, links expired........any chance posting them up again?

Mindful
02-12-2005, 11:14 PM
No probs

Mindful
02-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Cursed
http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=04G928ELP7SE21UW3F2CMUPGHS

Vessels
http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2QMTITLXZG6QV1FHZ4PTUNKB5D

BloodStar
03-12-2005, 12:23 PM
cursed - is nice minimal track with some nice bacground ambience. i like the way how chilled and relaxed is the track moving forward. maybe some dark melody somewhere would be also nice, as already was said.. reminds me some Reeko tracks little bit.. nice one. production sounds nice, because there§s plenty of headroom in the track, and has got the right depth.. coool

vessels- little bit more agressive than previous track, but not too bloody:) like it, too. very atmosferic, but also very much for the dance floor. would play this, for sure. like the bells like type of synths,, and also rest of sounds which plays in background. maybe some more variation of the main rhythm part would be nice. production is nice, but i hear some sounds arr fighting in the low mid range,,maybe it§s that kick what plays on 1st note. dont know...

like both tracks :rambo:

Mindful
07-12-2005, 11:27 PM
Thanks for listening all that did, will post up where im up to with Cursed soon.
I have added a bit more percussion work and used Stevie Basses idea of a broken unreconisable melody(well that was the insperation)
Also Ive got a bit more volume out of it(or taken up a bit more of the spare head room)

@Bloodstar, thanks for the technical feedback, Ive tried to address the issue of the fighting lower mids with a bit of panning and a bit more EQ carving with the kick drum and bassline.
Think ive finished it now.

Anyways thanks for the input guys ;)

Mindful
07-12-2005, 11:30 PM
Just noticed that all smilys have been replaced with new gay ones.
How gay is the love smiley now?

orac
07-12-2005, 11:39 PM
:D

xfive
08-12-2005, 12:45 AM
Damn.. that's pretty gay

:love: :boaclown: :love: :boarockin:

:boasick:

eyeswithoutaface
08-12-2005, 01:24 AM
christ they are gay

lau
11-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Im finally online for a couple of days so give me some links fukker!!!

Mindful
11-12-2005, 06:12 PM
No

Mindful
11-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Hehe,
Ive pmd you fukk

j_s
12-12-2005, 07:54 PM
gwarn, re-up that shit.

loopdon
13-12-2005, 11:41 PM
yes please re-upload :rambo:

alsynthe
14-12-2005, 12:52 PM
ahah ste is pretty useless, think hes lazy

Mindful
14-12-2005, 06:36 PM
ahah ste is pretty useless, think hes lazy

:cheese: Al, your a Bumfeind..............but your right(alltho I prefere the term laidback)

278d7e64a374de26f==