PDA

View Full Version : New technics/ New FS!

DJZeMig_L
31-07-2003, 10:49 PM
I just got these 4 quick review.. any1 tryed' em yet..?

Technics SL 1210 Mk5 G
Final Scratch 1.1
Final Scratch CD Adapter Kit

I'll keep yas posted!!

Z

Paul Nisbet
03-08-2003, 11:54 AM
ive tried the mk5s

they are wicked, although there is one bad point, and very bad one indeed imo.

Rite at the bottom of the pitch fader, the reset button is right on the bottom corner of it... i rest my hand on that corner when im cueing, poorly place imo, and i know many djs who also use the corner too rest there hand... u r in danger of settin the pitch too zero when mixin.

They look WICKED BUT... im thinkin of purchasin them... gonna ave too think about it but, just for where the reset button is placed.

davethedrummer
03-08-2003, 02:29 PM
yeah i spotted that too
stupid innit when they haven't even changed the design hardly and they get a really obvious thing wrong. just makes you wonder what they do in the design meetings
just play each other techno records and get stoned probably.
if only norman p barnsworth were still alive! ( you'll have to check my site to get this joke but it'll be worth it!)

TripleX
03-08-2003, 03:10 PM
dave that pic is hillarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul Nisbet
03-08-2003, 03:21 PM
yeah i spotted that too
stupid innit when they haven't even changed the design hardly and they get a really obvious thing wrong. just makes you wonder what they do in the design meetings
just play each other techno records and get stoned probably.
if only norman p barnsworth were still alive! ( you'll have to check my site to get this joke but it'll be worth it!)

i know, whoever allowed that too be placed there, should be shot... thats for sure. Other than that tho, they are really good. I thought they held a tad better aswell, and its good havin the extra pitch range i think.

DJZeMig_L
03-08-2003, 04:14 PM
If that's stupid.. think that this mistake as been discussed several times for other Sl clones... I mean they could had at least made and indented button ..or somethin 2 avoid accidents... also I would had been happy with a longer pitch ... that could give ya more precise settings...

The arm's new adjustment I can't really tell yet (i'm no scratcher :oops: )..

The torque could had been improved... camon there r decks out there going for 4,7 while sl's still keep to 1,7...

Z

relish
21-08-2003, 09:54 PM
ive had the final scratch 1.1 since it came out and i'm very impressed.
It allows me to mix tunes that i write without having to press onto vinyl.
Its better than a cdj1000, cos you can play wav files on both channels so its like having 2.

if you need more info let me know @ richie369@yahoo.co.uk and i'll fill ya in with the techy details, bugs etc!

Relish

:lol:

dcdn
22-08-2003, 11:12 AM
i'm gonna buy the new MK5 G's in 2 weeks now, got to have them, but never mixed on them though, going to order them in Germany for only 679 euros each!
im very curious about their mixing, must be good i recon

Small Paul
22-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Ha haaaa, yeah I had a look at that, Norman looks like he's proper 'avinit! So funny I had to print it off and stick it on me fridge.

tioneb
22-08-2003, 01:34 PM
if mk2 -> m3d was good evolution (the zero pitch thnigy was horrible on the 2, specially when you spin on 3 decks, its quite dangerous to move two pitch at the same time to get out of the "zero zone" on the third... actually that works fine after a dozen of glasses) i dont think the price for it was acceptable (too expansive for such a small evolution)

so please explain me wshat is the interest to buy this new mk5

dcdn
22-08-2003, 05:41 PM
they say that the mk5 (mark 5) has an improved motor and torque, but i dont know. i Think that if you want difference you should buy the mk5 G with finally 16 % pitch...

tioneb
22-08-2003, 09:25 PM
i would never use it .. that brings anotehr topic ive already raised somecwhere else..

i just thnik spinning over +8 /-8 the track doesnt sound the same and that never sounds really good... just my opinion , i know ;o)

Paul Nisbet
24-08-2003, 01:51 PM
the mk5 i thought held there speed exceptionally well, seemed too be an improvment with the motor like.

278d7e64a374de26f==